Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Guide to the July 17th Birthday Weekend - UPDATED 7/8

I called DLR Guest Relations regarding the big birthday weekend which is quickly approaching. Here is all the info I've gotten. Hope it helps!
    July 17th Weekend Guide

More information will be added as it becomes available.

FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2005
    Disneyland Park - 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
    Disney's California Adventure Park - 10 a.m - 10 a.m.
    Anaheim Weather: AM Clouds, PM Sun; 82/65 F (link)
    Events:
    Space Mountain Re-launch Ceremony at Disneyland Park: 10 a.m.
    Turtle Talk with Crush Opening Ceremony at Disney's California Adventure Park: 12:00 p.m.
    Notes:
    Events Information:
    Space Mountain Re-Launch: Neil Armstrong, astronaut and the first man to walk on the moon, will be in attendance for the official re-launch ceremonies of Space Mountain (Press Release). Ceremonies are currently said/rumored to being at 10 a.m., however, Disney has not released any information regarding specific times and/or locations for the ceremony, which could begin at the hub in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and make its way to Tomorrowland as the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster's opening ceremony did.
    Turtle Talk with Crush Grand Opening: Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Beard will be in attendance for the official opening of Disney California Adventure Park's latest attraction, Turtle Talk with Crush located in the Disney Animation exhibit building in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot (Press Release). Disney has not released any information regarding specific times and/or locations for the ceremony, which may begin elsewhere in the Park and make its way to the Disney Animation attraction building as Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters' ceremony did at Disneyland Park.

SATURDAY, JULY 16, 2005
    Disneyland Park - 8 a.m. - 12 a.m.
    Disney's California Adventure Park - 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
    Anaheim Weather: AM Clouds, PM Sun; 83/64 F (link)
    Events: N/A
    Notes:
    • Disneyland Resort Hotel guests will be granted early admission to theme parks on Saturday, July 16.

SUNDAY, JULY 17, 2005
    Disneyland Park - 8 a.m. - 12 a.m.
    Disney's California Adventure Park - 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
    Anaheim Weather: Sunny; 82/63 F (link)
    Events:
    50th Anniversary Re-Dedication Ceremony of Disneyland Park: 10 a.m.
    Notes:
    • [color=navy]Camping out, Lining up[/b]: Disney's California Adventure park will open at 2a.m. and guests wishing to line up early will be allowed to line up in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot up until 6a.m. Select outdoor vending carts, restrooms, and restaurants will be open for guest comfort. No entertainment will be offered. No attractions will be open. It will simply be a line: not a party. Guests waiting at DCA will be allowed to enter Disneyland at 7 a.m. Then, security checkpoints will open back up at 8 a.m. And normal admission procedures will take place.
    Events Information: The Re-Dedication ceremony has been officially announced by Disney via Press Release. Re-Dedication ceremonies will be lead by Mickey Mouse, Michael D. Eisner, Robert Iger, Art Linkletter and Diane Disney Miller.
    Parking: Timon lot will open prior to 2 a.m for over-night parking. Mickey and Friends parking structure scheduled to open at 7:00 a.m. (There are currently conflicting reports of the opening time of the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, it is advised to arrive early just in case the structure opens sooner as it did on May 5 (6 a.m.) for the kick-off of the 50th Anniversary celebration.)
    Security Checkpoints: open at 7:00 a.m.
    Ticket booths: open at 7:30 a.m.
    Rededication Ceremony: No official word released to the public or DLR Guest Relations rgarding an official re-dedication ceremony, however, a Guest Relations CM noted that something of that nature should probably be expected, however, no promises, and to expect a "special experience" type of day, rather than just a normal visit to the Park.
    Tickets and Admission:
    Annual Passholders: Due to the high demand for July 17, Block Out tickets may not be available on July 17. A DLR Guest Relations CM said if you wish to secure admittance to the park on July 17th upgrading to the Premium Annual Pass is a good idea*, especially if youre planning on going July 16th & 17th. If you do not upgrade and Block Out tickets are not availalbe, APs may be required to purchase a full-day ($56) admission. If you do plan on ugrading to ensure Park admittance, plan on upgrading before the 17th as yhou MUST upgrade at the AP Processing Center inside the Park, NOT at the ticket booths.

Regular Park Guests: It is highly recommended to arrive early as it is expected that Disneyland will sell out for the day. It would also be wise to purchase your tickets in advance. Vons/Safeway stores are selling 1-Day Disneyland Resort Parkhopper tickets for $71, which saves you $5 off the regular price. Also, some local credit unions offer discount Park tickets including Kern Schools Federal Credit Union in Kern County/Bakersfield, California

Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests: It is rumored that Disney Hotel Guests will have "hotel guest priority" on July 17th. However, Disneyland Guest Relations has NOT confirmed this. If you are staying at any of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels on July 17, it is recommended you ask the concierge at check-in about any possible Hotel Guest priority for the 17th.

* PLEASE NOTE: Admission to Disneyland Resort theme parks is not guaranteed to ANY guest on July 17, 2005. If the parks reach capactiy ALL guests wishing to enter will be turned away until attendance at the parks drop. Again, Purchasing a ticket in advance or presenting Annual Passports do not guarantee admission if the parks reach capacity.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 07-14-2005 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Updated information regarding the Re-Dedication Ceremony on July 17, and updated weather forecast

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Head Salesman

Crap! I'm counting on the sale of blockout passes.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I called DLR Guest Relations regarding the big birthday weekend which is quickly approaching. Here is all the info I've gotten. Hope it helps!
    July 17th Weekend Guide

More information will be added as it becomes available.

FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2005
    Disneyland Park -
    Disney's California Adventure Park -

SATURDAY, JULY 16, 2005
    Disneyland Park -
    Disneyland Resort Hotel guests will be granted early admission to theme parks on Saturday, July 16.

SUNDAY, JULY 17, 2005
    Disneyland Park - 8 a.m.
    Notes: Security Checkpoints - open at 7:00 a.m.
    Ticket booths - open at 7:30 a.m.
    Disney is expecting high-demand for this day, obviously, and is not promising the issuance of Block Out tickets for Annual Passholders. Annual Passholders needing Block Out tickets are urged to arrive early and if Block Out tickets are not issued on the 17th a full-day pass will be required. A DLR Guest Relations CM said if you wish to secure admittance to the park on July 17th upgrading to the Premium is a good idea, especially if youre planning on going July 16th & 17th. Plan on upgrading before the 17th, though.
    For non-AP guests it is highly recommended to arrive early as it is expected that Disneyland will sell out for the day.
    Great info I am staying on property for the 50th. I plan to camp out the night before to ensure that I get into the park.

• For old time sake

I am going to get there early to get my block pass
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Banned User

Darn.. early entree for hotel is the day I'm going to universal....

oh well...

• That's Hawt

I'm surprised you don't have Space Mountain:Relaunch on July 15th!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I'm surprised you don't have Space Mountain:Relaunch on July 15th!
    or have info on the dedication ceremony... (which I wish I could attend..)

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I have heard of many AP's just buying one day single park tickets. Its a little more expensive, but at least you can buy them in advance abd don't have to worry about waiting in line for tickets.

Or put the extra 56 bucks towards upgrading your passport
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    or have info on the dedication ceremony... (which I wish I could attend..)
    I have heard no *official* word on a Re-Dedication ceremony... only speculation. I'm sure they'll do something special whether it be another time capsule, another plaque, or just a reading of the original dedication... But theres nothing official yet, or nothing that Guest Relations has heard/can release.

I'll keep calling Disney as the date approaches and update this if anything new comes out...

| | |

• I Hug My Tapirs

Any word on what time parking areas (and which ones) will open on the 17th? I saw they gave details about security and ticket booths, but no parking.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Any word on what time parking areas (and which ones) will open on the 17th? I saw they gave details about security and ticket booths, but no parking.
    Just called, the Guest Relations CM said 7 a.m. but sounded as if she just kind of took a guess at it. I'll call again later so I don't get the same girl. But as of now, I'll say its opening at 7 a.m., however, if my memory is correct, it openened around 6:15 or 6:30 on May 5.

Here's the Guest Relations phone number: (714) 781-7290

| | |

• Minion

I have heard no *official* word on a Re-Dedication ceremony... only speculation. I'm sure they'll do something special whether it be another time capsule, another plaque, or just a reading of the original dedication... But theres nothing official yet, or nothing that Guest Relations has heard/can release.

I'll keep calling Disney as the date approaches and update this if anything new comes out...
    Actually, there will be the rededication at 430 at the castle, and it will be another media circus like the 5th. I will make sure I am in another area of the park. I dont care to see Eisner or Ahhhhnold that much (Roy would be another story.) I dont think even Diane Disney Miller was asked, although she will be there somewhere.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    On the 5th, they said 7am and actually opened security at 6am I believe. Rumor has it Pumba lot will be open early to help keep the flow of traffic.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Annual Passholders:[/i] Due to the high demand for July 17, Block Out tickets may not be available on July 17. A DLR Guest Relations CM said if you wish to secure admittance to the park on July 17th upgrading to the Premium Annual Pass is a good idea, especially if youre planning on going July 16th & 17th.
    Just a note, PAPs are not secured admittance. If capacity happens, APs will have to wait til attendance drops to get in. They are expecting a capacity crowd.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Guide to the July 17th Birthday Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    Just a note, PAPs are not secured admittance. If capacity happens, APs will have to wait til attendance drops to get in. They are expecting a capacity crowd.

From what I understand PAPs are pretty much going to be treated just like normal day guests when it comes to admittance. First-come first-serve. In other words - EVERYBODY who has valid admission is going to be let in until the park reaches capacity. After capacity is reached EVERYBODY trying to enter the park will be turned away until attendance drops, not only PAPs.

| | |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast