Thread: Please Help!

Please Help!

Please Help! I don't know what i am doing and Don't know where to start. I have 2 little boy's (8) and (6) that have never been to Disnyland and i have not gone sence i was little myself. So here are my questions.... #1 Where is the best and cheepest way to get tickets? We are planning on going around the 20th of jan. 2008 We want to have 2 days at Disnyland and 1 day at california. #2 Where is the cheepest place to stay that is close enough to walk to the parks. #3 Is it best to get a package deal? #4 Is there a good time in advance to purchage Tickets, Hotel, Or package deal? Thanks for the much needed help! From a Mother that want's the best experence for 2 little boys

• Banned User

Re: Please Help!

The first place you want to start is www.mousesavers.com

You won't find much in the way of ticket discounts though. It isn't Knott's or Six Flags or the local amusement park where you can get half off if you bring in a can of Coke or whatever. I don't know if they do the "2fer" in January but that's a promotion where you can buy a 1 day park hopper for $63 as opposed to $83.

Good luck on your trip though. Late January is a wonderful time to go. Not a lot going on and various attractions will be in refurbishment, but the crowds will be light.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by monkybabie View Post
    Please Help! I don't know what i am doing and Don't know where to start. I have 2 little boy's (8) and (6) that have never been to Disnyland and i have not gone sence i was little myself. So here are my questions.... #1 Where is the best and cheepest way to get tickets? We are planning on going around the 20th of jan. 2008 We want to have 2 days at Disnyland and 1 day at california. #2 Where is the cheepest place to stay that is close enough to walk to the parks. #3 Is it best to get a package deal? #4 Is there a good time in advance to purchage Tickets, Hotel, Or package deal? Thanks for the much needed help! From a Mother that want's the best experence for 2 little boys
    Try www.getawaytoday.com They usually have very good deals.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Defying gravity

Um, I don't know if there's really a "cheap" way to get tickets. The good thing is, however, you are going in off season, so crowds/rates should be minimal. Um, AAA usually has pretty good vacation packages. As far as buying things together or separate, it just depends on the situation. I would recommend getting different quotes and then comparing so that you can get the best rates.

Good luck with your planning! (I think Mice Chat will be able to be of more assistance with specific questions...)

Your boys are such great ages to enjoy the park! My family and I have always used Get Away Today for our vacation packages, and thay have always been fantastic to work with. This summer we got three-day park hoppers for about 112.00-122.00 each. One year my husband got really ill right before we left (in the middle of the busy summer season) and they worked hard to rearrange our itinery without any extra fees (although they could have certainly charged them.) You should try them, you could get your tickets from them and then your hotel on your own if you wanted. Hope you have a wonderful, magical time.

• Disneymom

The only discounts on tickets that I know of is they sometimes have everyone pays children's prices or buy and adult ticket and a child's (under 9) is free. We usually stay at the Super 8 on Disneyland drive and Ball road. They have a breakfast and we walk to the park.

As far as hotels go....we have had great luck with the Marriott and 2-3 start hotels for $40-50/night through Priceline's Name Your Own Price option...it is the off season you're talking about so you might get lucky.
    ~~Second star to the right and straight on til morning~~

5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions :confused:

• Goofy is the man

I have done Priceline name your own price several times and have always gotten a good deal. The only problem with that is that you can't pick how close your hotel is. Last week were a couple miles away, so we had to drive or take the shuttle. It was a nice hotel, but the shuttle only ran once and hour. My park hopper from AAA included parking in the parking structure so we used that. Hope this helps and you have a great trip.