Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Fancy that...

Flash on rides-how annoying is it to you?

you know how whenever you go on Pirates on the carribean, theres always some idiot who heard the pre recorded speil saying"no flash pictures" and yet think that it dosn't apply to them? well ever since digital cameras became dominant oner film every time i go on pirates there's always at least 20 flashes during the ride. It got even worse after the big renovation adding Jack sparrow. How annoying is this too you and what is your position on this subject?(i hate them)

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Flash on rides-how annoying is it to you?

yes it is annoying and yes they should change the warning to spanish as well

• Man O Lantern

I hate them on every dark ride, even Small World. Not just because they're aimed at the ride and ruin it for me--I reeeeeally hate it when people do group shots on the rides, blinding the people behind them. Ugh!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    great

• Knight that says Nee!!

I'll admit for me it's a quirk in my personality. The rule says no flash and so it irks (or is that "erks"?) me when people assume they are above following rules or have made a decision based on their own ignorance that the rule is a bad one and so they can ignore it. Being in Law Enforcement for 11 years I get a knee jerk reaction like that. Most of the time I let it wash over me and hope that park employees saw the situation and will take care of it politely and quietly (I've seen this happen on a few occasions even). There have been a few times, like in a boat on SW that a person in the same boat as me has started taking pictures (yes pictureS, more than one) and by about the 4th one I turned around and said something like "did you miss the 'no flash photography' part of the anouncment?" and the woman said "oh sorry" and put her camera away.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I hate them on every dark ride, even Small World. Not just because they're aimed at the ride and ruin it for me--I reeeeeally hate it when people do group shots on the rides, blinding the people behind them. Ugh!
    did you finish #7(on my own thread) im half way-no spoilers please

Having some sort of universal language sign stating that there should be no flash photo on the attraction would be great. I think there are many people that do not hear/cannot understand the "No flash photo" part of the spiel. Having some clear directions on that might perhaps reduce the amount of flash photos being taken. There would still be people that do not follow the rules that would need to be dealt with on a case per case bases. I really wish that more people would follow this rule that really affects other peoples enjoyment of the attractions.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Derailing your own thread? wow. I'm also half way through!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Um. There are no spoilers in my above post, so what are you talking about?? And if you think there are spoilers in my sig line, perhaps you should read Book 5 again....

• Fighter Pilot

yeah, so what prompt that?

• =)

I have mixed feelings about flash photos. On the one hand, it's always bothered me in the past. I've never been the culprit; I always know how to work my own cameras, and turning off the flash is something I do when I'm told to. When I was younger and "preserving the magic" was very, very important to me, I was furious every time someone took a flash picture in the Blue Bayou area, illuminating the ceiling with an oh-so-unmagical light.

That being said...it's frequently impossible to get a shot otherwise. I'm very grateful to a few individuals who have taken flash photos in certain parts of rides, illuminating and recording details that would otherwise be hidden or forgotten, making it easier for me to work on my 3D model of the park.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I am not really bothered by the flash photography in the dark right.

What bothers me is people's disregard for the rules. If it is blared over the sound system to several times during the ride.. then that should trigger some sort of click in your brain to stop using flash photography.

It's the voice of the CM's blaring over the sound system.. hence ruining my ride experience.. that bugs me the most about people that use flash photography..

Did that just make sense?!?! Haha.. I'm at work and trying to sneak in some input onto these lovely forum threads.. haha!

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    Not all geniuses who take flash photos on PotC and other rides speak Spanish. Whenever I'm on that ride and someone in my boat, who I don't know, uses flash on their pictures, I say really loud, "NO FLASH!!!". The people I've said this to get the hint.

• Fighter Pilot

sounds like a job for captain obvious

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I dont mind too much...I used to be a flasher

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast