Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• CM for 4 years!

Disneyland doesn't need NEW guests. It's filled to capacity all summer. You're right, guests who have never been before will never come for the first time just because of a new PeopleMover. But you underestimate the power of local and return guests. My mom would jump ten hurdles if it meant she could ride the PeopleMover or Adventure Thru Inner Space again. It would definitely turn up the attendance, with repeat guests and locals.

The concept of Tomorrow is dead to the world of today. Science went from being facinating to boring. Space Travel went from the final fronteir to passe. The world of tomorrow holds no wonder for today's people... sure, maybe new video games or mp3 players, but no one here has any real VISION past that. Walt didn't create a fascination with science in the 60's, he capitalized on it. Now that his dream in that sense is really dead, maybe Tomorrowland should be Vintage Nostalgialand.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I just think the track needs to be used for something. It's all over the darn land, and if remaining a slow ride, provides a good moment for people to rest their legs. I get so tired walking around the park nowadays, and driving back is really scary for me. I'm just too tired, and I can't really afford to stay the night at a hotel (plus if I did, my boyfriend's and my parents would kill us...). Getting on the train? I'd rather not have to wait for it. With PM, you could just walk on to the thing, then relax. Now I don't think the new attraction should be exactly like the PM, but I say it should be a relaxing, enjoyable ride.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I don't think the Peoplemover would give you back enough energy to drive home...

I agree with melmel though: Nobody really gives a crud about space exploration, science, or anything. In RCT2, the Tomorrowland I created has lots of these attractions, and in the real world, people would find them boring.

Sadly, Science and Space could still be quite fascinating, if people had a reason to want to explore them again.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    There's plenty of reasons for people to want to explore space and science, but most are too dumb, lazy and complacent to even bother. The internet has made most people think they know everything there is to know, or that they can find it out in a few seconds on Google.

Get your kids off their @$$es and take them to a museum or make them open a book once in a while instead of parking them in front of their playstations and maybe science will seem interesting.

Unfortunatly, people are only interested in what science can do for them- and to small-minded chattel, thats nothing. When Walt was still around- the future was alive with possibilities and anything you could imagine was possible, but now we are taught to believe that we already know what the future holds, or someone else will discover it for us.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

Science and Space are very intruiging, but as dramaqueen said, in today's video game, mp3, Internet world, nobody really cares for them anymore.

I agree - go to museums and learn about Science and Space, instead of being parked in front of the television watching mindless, brain-rotting cartoons or playing stupid video games!

• That's Hawt

Sorry ... but I LOVE DQ's signature!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Reposted to go over that off-topic stuff (lol MiceMan):

Science and Space are very intruiging, but as dramaqueen said, in today's video game, mp3, Internet world, nobody really cares for them anymore.

I agree - go to museums and learn about Science and Space, instead of being parked in front of the television watching mindless, brain-rotting cartoons or playing stupid video games!

• șoș Tom șoș

OHHHHHHHHHH when I read this I thought the thread was about lazy people who ride the people movers and I thought okkkkkk where you going with this? That said one of my suggestions for the People Movers at one point or another was a simple People Mover that had pedels that riders literally propelled there own cars on the track such that it was a People Mover----that was moved by People! Not very futuristic but certainly a great way to educate people about alternative mods of transportation that benifit our health and reduce or depedence on oil.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Sorry ... but I LOVE DQ's signature!
    "Stopping in the middle is strictly unpatrotiotic"

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    OHHHHHHHHHH when I read this I thought the thread was about lazy people who ride the people movers and I thought okkkkkk where you going with this? That said one of my suggestions for the People Movers at one point or another was a simple People Mover that had pedels that riders literally propelled there own cars on the track such that it was a People Mover----that was moved by People! Not very futuristic but certainly a great way to educate people about alternative mods of transportation that benifit our health and reduce or depedence on oil.
    Now I would SO ride that!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• me

You can't look at people mover and say know that when it opens is going to drive in the numbers and bring back the crowds.

I believe that the re-introduction of the people mover will intice some people to revisit the park, and of course when they go...they goooooooooooo!!! Therefore disney makes money and therefore can start to open up the drawing boards for that new ride that really drives in the crowd.

All in all if you don't have crowds you can't make new rides, but if you don't have crowds you can re-open and make an old ride new to put on more ride on the map and hopefully drive in people then make the new stuff.

An example is DCA the park had no crowds and very few people were staying all day so they opened up a new ride in a corner instead of fixing what they already had and improving the original DCA and i dont believe that ToT helped at all, but if they were to say fix the boardwalk and remake the themeing and land downthere then they would've drawn in guests.
    help save Uncle Walts legacy!!

"God created man becuase he was dissapointed in the monkey"-Mark Twain

• Minion

>>They need to concentrate on fixing DCA, then work on a new attraction for DL.
    Now thats not asking too much is it?<<

DCA should never again have preceedence over Disneyland's maintenence and restoration. DL is paying the bills.

• Traveler to the south

I say bring back the old, slow PeopleMover...please?!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: All this PeopleMover fuss will do no good to anyones health

[QUOTE=MotorBoatCruise2005]I don't think the Peoplemover would give you back enough energy to drive home...QUOTE]

I wasn't saying it would, I'm saying there should be more relax-rides in the park, and it would help. PM gave people like 20 miutes to chill out.

• me

Re: All this PeopleMover fuss will do no good to anyones health

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

I wasn't saying it would, I'm saying there should be more relax-rides in the park, and it would help. PM gave people like 20 miutes to chill out.
    Thats excactly what the people mover would do is help out tommorowland however if they bring back the ride without revamping it and making it apper like it belongs in tommorowland as in 22nd century or the new millinium then its worthless to the land.
    help save Uncle Walts legacy!!

"God created man becuase he was dissapointed in the monkey"-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast