Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: All this PeopleMover fuss will do no good to anyones health

Quote Originally Posted by Gigan
    Hmm. since its slow moving how bout combining the people mover with america sings?......Ok so it's only my fantasy but a man can dream can't he?

OMG. i think i just wet myself. that would be beyond awesome
    <o>

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    OHHHHHHHHHH when I read this I thought the thread was about lazy people who ride the people movers and I thought okkkkkk where you going with this? That said one of my suggestions for the People Movers at one point or another was a simple People Mover that had pedels that riders literally propelled there own cars on the track such that it was a People Mover----that was moved by People! Not very futuristic but certainly a great way to educate people about alternative mods of transportation that benifit our health and reduce or depedence on oil.
    there's a ride like that at legoland.
    http://www.lego.com/legoland/califor...sp?locale=2057

scroll down the page to 36" height requirement: sky cruiser.
    <o>

A new PeopleMover could be part of a new, new Tomorrowland. A whole new Tomorrowland could be a draw along with replacements for "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", Club Buzz, and the Starcade. I would also like to see Innoventions re-imagined or replaced. And, naturally, the new flight(s) Star Tours may offer will add new life to the Realm.

The current design of Tomorrowland is still not perfect. I would hope Imagineering might make better use of color throughout the space, and I would like for some of W.D.I.'s ideas to add skywalks and multiple levels to be revisited by Disneyland management. The Autopia still is problematic, and I am not thrilled by Buzz Lightyear's dark ride being in the area. So, there is definitely a need for another redux of Tomorrowland as a whole.

• Minion

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

After reading all the posts in this thread, it seems that the PM is the pivitol attraction for TL. Some think that it is ok to bring it back like restoring a 68 Mustang for all to drool over and for some, design something totally unique to bring us into the 22nd Century a little bit sooner than the rest of the world. I don't know which direction to take. And I don't know why the PM has to be the attraction to steer TL in either direction. I think it will be tricky to try to answer both questions. But, I know the PM was a great ride for the whole family. It was a new dynamic for the youngins' to show grandpa what it is like in SM or Star Tours, etc. And it was great being able to take a rest while in one of the busiest lands of DL and "watch from afar" rather than actively participating.
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    The PeopleMover, Submarines, Skyway, Golden Horseshoe, Country Bears, et al should remain part of this wonderful tapestry that visitors treasure. They are coming back for the entirety of the DL experience,
    Just what do you mean by that exactly, Merlin Jones?

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    there's a ride like that at legoland.
    http://www.lego.com/legoland/califor...sp?locale=2057

scroll down the page to 36" height requirement: sky cruiser.
    dude, thats like a toyish wimpy jeep thing. that has wat to do with Futuristic Mass Transportation? BUt that boat kinda looked like the motor boat cruise....

• Blue Skywalker

Hey kids, watch as Awe_inspired brings this thread to an instant death. Regardless, he is going to post anyway!

If Disney does replace the PeopleMover, I'd love to ride it wearing virtual reality goggles. As you ride along you would see footage of TL at whatever time of day you're riding. But, as you appoach the first turn, the Astro Orbiter blasts off into the sky! Thus a virtual overlay is added to the trip around TL with music supplied by Tangerine Dream or if they're not available, John Williams. Now, "virtually", Autopia is covered in Mars rovers and martians, Space Mountain is exchanging fire with an enormous Space Cruiser hovering above, Sea Serpents crawl from the Sub Lagoon, and thousands of space bugs engulfing the Matterhorn fall to their deaths due to attack from Buzz Lightyear and his friends. The next time you ride it you might see a different story. Collect them all! So on and so forth.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Awe_inspired
    Hey kids, watch as Awe_inspired brings this thread to an instant death. Regardless, he is going to post anyway!

If Disney does replace the PeopleMover, I'd love to ride it wearing virtual reality goggles. As you ride along you would see footage of TL at whatever time of day you're riding. But, as you appoach the first turn, the Astro Orbiter blasts off into the sky! Thus a virtual overlay is added to the trip around TL with music supplied by Tangerine Dream or if they're not available, John Williams. Now, "virtually", Autopia is covered in Mars rovers and martians, Space Mountain is exchanging fire with an enormous Space Cruiser hovering above, Sea Serpents crawl from the Sub Lagoon, and thousands of space bugs engulfing the Matterhorn fall to their deaths due to attack from Buzz Lightyear and his friends. The next time you ride it you might see a different story. Collect them all! So on and so forth.
    Ya know........

....... I like it!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Blue Skywalker

Thanks!

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Awe_inspired

You know, there might be something to that. Perhaps not with goggles, but with LCD screens that look like windows (they've got the technology to make them transparent, then show pictures; they use it on Star Tours). Or maybe they could recreate a ride through the original Tomorrowland. With something like that, you could have any number of interesting and fun storylines, while still maintaining the slow-moving, "OMG my feet are killing me I need to sit for a while" appeal of the ride.

Oo! Better idea! Instead of getting in and having a randomly selected display, you could choose within the individual cars which thing showed! That way you could just look out at Tomorrowland as it is if you wanted, and the Imagineers would have accurate information about which versions were the most popular and which weren't being used at all.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• All? NO, ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    The PeopleMover was a symbol of Tomorrowland for forty years.

It will sure bring in guests for who the PeopleMover is a large part of childhood Disneyland memories, but what about NEW guests, guests who have never set foot in Disneyland? The type of people Michael Eisner, Bob Iger, Jay Rasulo and yes, Matt Ouimet, want in the Disneyland Resort.
    First off, the PeopleMover was here for 28 years.

Second, why wouldn't they bring it back? There's many reasons for it's advantage. It'd have a HUGE capacity, and would get people off the walkways and queues. For the guests who have never set foot in Disneyland, it'd actually give them a preview of all the attractions they can experience in Tomorrowland. It would be a great way to relax, or cool off under a shade on a hot summer day. It's a sorely-missed attraction.

Me if they don't bring it back:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123