Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Hollywood Bowl - 50 Years of Disneyland Music

Well, we're back! And without sounding like we're rubbing it in... those of you who saw the threads on this back in April but did not buy tickets MISSED OUT.

We had Dapper Dans on their bicycle, Mickey and Minnie, Fess Parker doing a beautiful rendition of the Lincoln speeches then forgetting the words to Davy Crockett (at his age we forgive him!), Richard Sherman's lounge act, MSEP floats, and of course, the fireworks.

I'll try to post pictures and clips later but I have to sort through them first because I nearly filled my 512 mb chip in my camera.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• That's Hawt

WOW! You are super lucky! I wish I lived closer I can't wait until you post those pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    The page you are requesting can not be found.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Fixed it, I think

• CM for 4 years!

1. Love Chernabog's shirt. <3 Bjork.

And it looks like it was pretty impressive. When I heard about it, I went to buy tickets, but all the nights were sold out, except July 4, and I couldn't guarantee my schedule on that day. As is, I work 12-5, and since I have no plans that night, I'm wondering whether I will be able to buy some cheap seats from a scalper tomorrow night?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Just this guy......

The pictures are great and you are correct........ It looks like we all missed out on a great show.

• That's Hawt

DisneyPhile was Shag-adelic!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Hello Micechat world, just joined today and am posting for the first time...

Anyways, In regards to the Disneyland Hollywood bowl concert, I thought I would further on Morigoon's post. ***Note: If any are planning on going tonight 7/3 or tomorrow 7/4 I would advise you to stop reading now to avoid any spoilers.)

The show opened with the conductor, John Mauceri being driven on stage in a Main Street U.S.A car. He would be greeted by Mickey Mouse who would make him an "official" castmember by giving him a gold cast member name tag.
    After a short conversation with Micky, John Mauceri would conduct the first overture of the night featuring the music from numerous Disney films such as Peter Pan, Cinderella, and various other beloved Disney classics.

The next portion of the concert featured (as Morigoon mentioned) the Dapper Dan's entering the stage on a four man bicycle. They would sing the following songs: Meet me down on main street, let me call you sweetheart/ yankee doodle dandy. To further the expereince Main Street USA balloon vendors, cotton candy vendors, and of course Mickey and Minnie would wander on stage. Upon the singing of these songs the the Dapper Dans would bicycle offstage and after a introduction by John Mauceri, disney legend Fess Parker would enter to read portions from "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" with the LA Phil playing the music lightly in the background.

Next, would be a section entitled "Classic Disney Attractions." If I'm not mistaken, at this time a video clip of Julie Andrews appears on the big monitors, discussing Walt's impact on her and his impact on Disneyland. The next song to be played was "the Alice and Wonderland Suite" where Alice, The queen of hearts, the white rabbit and a few marching cards would accompany the LA Phil onstage. Also in this segment was a seven minute tribute to the Haunted Mansion in which the LA Phil would literally play a walkthrough of the attraction featuring the orginal voices and sounds of the mansion. Also a video walkthrough of the Haunted Mansion was projected on the screens in unison with the particular music being played (i.e. ballroom music, would have a video clip of the ballroom scene)

The next portion of the concert featured Disney legend Richard Sherman. He would take center stage on his piano playing some of his most beloved themepark music from the Tiki Room, A great big beautiful tomorrow (featuring a video clip of his brother and walt singing the song), and his original softer version for Its a Small World. Later kids would accompany him on stage and also sing Its a Small World along with the CSUF choir in the background, to end the first half of the show.

Upon returning from the intermission the overture from Ellen's Energy Adventure would open the second act. The next piece of music that would be played was truly my favorite portion of the show, as it featured the music from the main street electrical parade (hence my post name MSEP Forever!) They would play the Baroque Hoedown, the Alice segment, and the cinderella ball seagment of the parade. The green lightning bug, twinkling turtle with the hat float, cinderella and her royal ball, and I think Mickey and Minnie would appear on stage.

After the wonderful rendition of the Main Street electrical parade, the Beu sisters (from Home on the Range) would sing Disneyland's 50th anthem, "Remember When." The song would be complimented with historic footage of Disneyland over the years making it a truly nostalgic tribute.

Next, Fess Parker would return on stage, and would discuss Walt's impact on him and how he opened the door to opportunity and a life long friendship with Buddy Ebson. He would then sing the Ballad of Davy Crockett (which as Morigoon mentioned he forgot a few words in the second verse).

The last segment of the concert featured music from other Disney themeparks. The first was Jerry Goldsmith's "Soarin over california" which also featured the entire "Soarin" movie. Next, was Disneyland Paris' "From Time to Time," Tokyo DisneySeas' "StormRider," and Epcot's "Reflections of China" would be played with their respective movies. Lastly, a video clip of Hong Kong Disneyland was shown to promote the new park.

To close out the concert and celebrate the 4th of July weekend John Mauceri, would play the music from Disneyland's circle vision, "America the Beautiful," which also would be be complimented with the circle vision movie.
    Finally, the fireworks finale would begin featuring the following scores: Washington post/the stars and stripes forever. Although it didn't feature any of the elaborate big fireworks that you might see at Disneyland (probably due to fire concerns since the bowl is located by a hill full of brush) it still was spectacular.

Although the concert had ended John Mauceri, as expected, would come out to conduct an encore. He would conduct one of Disneylan'd most beloved attractions in "Pirates of the Carribean" which featured video clips of the ride. Also the CSUF choir would sing the song "Yo-Ho." The second encore featured a aomewhat grand finale, where Fess Parker, the Beu Sisters, and Richard Sherman, along with numerous Disney charcters would sing "When you wish upon a star."

Well thats pretty much all I can remember regarding the show. Its should also be mentioned that the Hollywood Bowl sold a limited edition "Disneyland's 50th at the Hollywood Bowl" t-shirt for $24.95 plus tax. Below is the Hollywood Bowl store link with the limited edition Disneyland T-shirt. Although the picture is small and hard to see, since I bought a t-shirt let me further detail it. The t-shirt features the design you see but the ears are actually accented a a metallic gold paint. Also on one of the sleeves is the 50th logo.

http://thebowlstore.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=167

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

All I can say is WOW! I'm really looking forward to being there tomorrow!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Official MC Thread Killer

Videos anyone? It sounds spectacular...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Hooterville, USA

Were there music cd's to be had?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

In regards to music cd's Tower Records usually sets up shop at the concert. However there were no "special" cd's for the event. Some of the CD's that I saw that thet were selling was the 2-CD Disneyland 50th set, Julie Andrews selects Disney, Disney Bossa Nova, the 1-CD wide release of the 50th anninversary. and the make a wish foundation Wishes CD

Okay.... I've put a small set of video clips up... gonna take me a while to get the rest up, but here's the first 36 clips (yes, they're all very short, it's all my digital camera can do).

Be warned that much of it (and my 1st half of the concert experience) is ruined by the fact that the people beside, behind and in front of me WOULD NOT STOP TALKING THROUGH THE ENTIRE SHOW - and neither would their several under-4y/o children. When I get 2nd half clips up you'll notice it's much quieter and the only talking is the drunk women who were next to us, and who, for all their drunkenness, were far quieter.

Honestly, people don't get "natural amphitheatre" means EVERYBODY can hear you.b

Forgive my anger, I was absolutely livid until we moved seats.
    Last edited by Morrigoon; 07-03-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Re: Hollywood Bowl - 50 Years of Disneyland Music

Just FYI, at the moment it looks like only the first 27 clips work, so bear with me while I clear out webspace to post the rest. Actually, I may have to cycle them through.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast