• "I Break Things"

Does closing an Attraction make it more popular?

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post

... The people that always protest when an attraction is rumored to be removed are always the same ones that hadn't even bothered to stop by the attraction within the last few years during their weekly visits.

How many of the ones that whined when Abe was moving out of the opera house had actually been huge fans of the attraction and made sure to at least make regular stops?

Empty attractions are empty for the lack of support of several. Here's one thing we know Walt would do: find better use of the space and put a better attraction in if it was living up to the expectations of the public. After all, that's who he made the stuff for. If they weren't happy, he wasn't happy.

There are thousands around that are against change. They just won't say they are. But, whenever something comes in, no matter how good, they will always complain.

Look at all the negative response you'll see about Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage... I've not experienced this yet. But I'm sure it's a lot more interesting than the stagnant water that was there. And it's a lot better than the nothing that we've been getting a lot lately.

And the way some people complain about Monsters, Inc., you'd think there were people who actually loved Superstar Limo...
    I found this little gem on another thread. In a way it makes sense. As a CM of Tiki I remember the huge crowds we had shortly before our rehab. We had countless visitors who wanted to "view from every angle" and "video tape all 4 of the MC birds". People who would normally keep walking would spend a couple hours on just this show. All because of a rumor that it may not come back, or it may be completely changed. I had the same experience at Jungle, and watch in awe as theater after theater was actually full for Mr Lincoln. Subs were another example, usually an empty line that was completely packed until it closed. MSEP, yet another example... that is considered by some to be the largest crowd in Disney history. I have no doubt Disney Gallery has seen a recent spike in it's attendance as well. Ironic, people turn out to say goodbye but it is their lack of a turnout that helped the ride close to begin with. It's a numbers game, plain and simple, not enough people and your budget shrinks and eventually the ride disappears. Thank You, FrumiousBoojum, I had hoped you would start this... but I didn't want to wait any longer.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• That is a sweet shoe

Re: Does closing an Attraction make it more popular?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love Monsters, Inc. I do. I love it.

Down with Superstar Limo!

• Banned User

And I say take a trip to Yesterland for an answer.

It's classic supply and demand, isn't it? As soon as we find out something might not be available anymore after tomorrow, we simply must have it today, whether or not we wanted it before.

That's what makes people buy ceramic chickens on Ebay.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealCinderella View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love Monsters, Inc. I do. I love it.

I'm Monsters, Inc!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't think it is so much that people are in love with attractions that they would normally not care about, but that Disney's recent track record in replacesments is less than stellar. It'd be like if your cell phone company was dropping support for your model phone. If they give you a very similar you'll be happy. A better phone would make you happier. If they give you an older phone, or nothing at all, then you'll be upset and want to keep your current phone.

• That is a sweet shoe

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I'm Monsters, Inc!
    I scare because I care

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It's not just Disney. It is commonplace elsewhere. I remember I used to work at a mid-sized store that eventually went out of business and the place was dead until it was announced that the store was closing. All of a sudden the place was packed and you couldn't hardly find a parking spot to go shopping there.

Granted, it was going out of business and they had huge markdowns, but this was an outlet store and they already had fairly good deals. The question was, "where were all these shoppers before they decided to go out of business?"

Talking Re: Does closing an Attraction make it more popular?

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
    It's classic supply and demand, isn't it? As soon as we find out something might not be available anymore after tomorrow, we simply must have it today, whether or not we wanted it before.

That's what makes people buy ceramic chickens on Ebay.
    Ceramic chickens won't be available anymore? Do you have the auction link? Do you know where I can get some? I hope other people don't get all of the ceramic chickens before they go away.... I never wanted one before, but I NEED a ceramic chicken now!

• =)

Yes. Once something's irrevocably gone, the natural desire for what we can not have sinks in. Simultaneously, our bad memories of the thing in question begin to evaporate, leaving only the good memories that give us warm and fuzzy feelings of nostalgia. We're left desiring something that we can't have...something that we never had in the first place. Such is human nature.