• A Suitcase & A Dream

An idea to keep Block Party Bash @ DCA

Well Block Party Bash is suppose to leave DCA for Disney Studios at the end of this year/early next year. To me this doesn't make much sense to have it leave tha park and then begin renovations on DCA that would prevent a new parade from going down the peformance corridor. Now I know the construction is suppose to take place in the two party zones (Sunshine Plaza & Golden Dreams) but I thought they could begin BPB at the ToT gates and travel through HPB and do a show stop, then go in reverse and return through the same gates. They could have one show stop twice a day. Here is a map with the HPB party zone. I know the crowd control would probably be a nightmare but it's sad to leave DCA paradeless.

Re: An idea to keep Block Party Bash @ DCA

that would be a nightmare. But don't worry, they are looking at several possible ways of diverting the parade route through constrcution areas once they start.

Once BPB leaves a brand new parade now in development and construction will debut in early March.

So DCA will not be left without a parade.

If for some reason the route 66 area goes behin the walls first, the parade could still exit through the sunshine plaza and then exit out the gates near the farm.

If those gates go behind walls for Carland then the parade could travel via condor flats and then back through the parade route to the sunshine gates. The only concern with that is the tight area near grizzley and the turn.

It all depends on what section of the park has constrcution walls and safety with guests.

I believe WDI and Burbank wants the pier area worked on first including the reworked viewing areas for the new Water show. Then they would continue with the entrance hub since they want that done by the anniversary. Carland would not really affect much since it would be built in the farm and part of timon lot. that could go behind walls at any time

• Minion

yea a new parades coming that should be much better, so dont worry.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Don't worry about DCA, it's going to be just fine in the next 5 years.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Minion

The next parade is Pixar Pals.
    Jeff Wayne

• A Forever Dancing Pirate

On the Black Pearl, Caribbean (close to DLR)

When is the Pixar Pals parade arriving? I think I heard March 08 somewhere.
    ~Pearl~
    Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

• Minion

March sounds right as they havent had auditons yet and in usually takes 6 months for a new parade. I've heard that there will be 7 flots and it will be a normal parade with no show stops.
    Jeff Wayne

• Cast Member

The BPB floats can't make the turn from Sunset on to Hollywood. Far the same reason major reconstruction of Disney-MGM Studios is going into a major reconstruction along its parade route. BPB leaving is already a done deal...no saving it.

• Lost in Wonderland

Besides the sharp turn, the parade floats cannot drive backwards. Monsters and the Tweeners can back up, but it would be difficult making the sharp turn backwards. And the floats with multiple trailers... try backing that up without jackknifing... no can do.