Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: If you could make a new DLR attraction what would the attraction be?

or change jumpin jellyfish to marys parasols and haul it over to ontop of the hill by casey junior lol

•   

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    tim burton already hates the HMH layout doesnt he?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he does. It's not as dark as he'd like it to be I'm sure.
    So get him involved in the ride design. I'd love to see that!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I want to see a Nightmare Before Christmas ride but it won't fit anywhere.
    I'd like to see it be where Lock, Shock and Barrel help you escape from Oogie in their bathtub. Have it be like Splash Mountain. Go through the forest as a queue, get in the tub, go through Halloweentown, enter through the pipe that Santa's shoved through, see Oogie's lair, etc.

I think if Paradise Pier ever needs a "ghost house" type attraction, Nightmare Before Christmas might be a cool attraction to see there. Yah, the theme is all out of whack but I don't think we should see another attraction like that in Disneyland proper to compete with Haunted Mansion.

Tim Burton mostly doesn't like the layover because he has high respect for the original attraction.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think if Paradise Pier ever needs a "ghost house" type attraction, Nightmare Before Christmas might be a cool attraction to see there. Yah, the theme is all out of whack but I don't think we should see another attraction like that in Disneyland proper to compete with Haunted Mansion.

Tim Burton mostly doesn't like the layover because he has high respect for the original attraction.
    I agree with you there.

See, if that's true then that makes me happy. More respect to Tim Burton there.

• Minion

sorry the villains are taking residence at paradise pier before tim burton ever will.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    sorry the villains are taking residence at paradise pier before tim burton ever will.
    And you can picture that working at paradise pier?

• Blind to His Own Faults

An 'Adventures of Ichabod Crane" DR in Fantasyland, if I had to limit myself to one. I did concept sketches for this a year or two back, and it really got me interested in seeing it fully realized.

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Just something, anything, not based on a movie. When was the last time Disneyland got something original? The best rides in the park (except for Indy of course) aren't based on a film or book. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Matterhorn. All great, all original.

What have we gotten lately? Buzz Lightyear, Nemo, Pirate Island (with movie tie-ins galore).

Come on WDI, how about something completely original?

A western stagecoach adventure as some have suggested. An alien musical review similar to America Sings. A new motor boat ride in Fantasyland, maybe through an enchanted forrest or something. A realistic Arabian themed ride for Adventureland (no Aladdin stuff, real, human looking characters).

Any of this on the drawing board? Nope. We get Cars, Incredibles and Disney Villians. I think WDI is forgetting the what "Imagineering" is really supposed be just to keep the marketing people happy and sell more Buzz and Nemo plush.

I think Frontierland could use a western expedition type of ride and Adventureland needs to have some sort world travel sort of ride. Like Around the World in 80 days...

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

If i could make a new attraction...mine would be good. It would be really good. Fantastic, some would say

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Mine would be a new dark ride at dca but with a twist, it would be the new cars high speed roller coaster ride but fully enclosed like space mnt.!
    what would you guys do?
    I would build a simulator attraction where the guests would feel like they were being shrunk to microscopic size and and travel through a snowflake and call it "Adventures Through Innerspace" just thought it would be interesting to see old attractions brought back with new technology.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Just something, anything, not based on a movie. When was the last time Disneyland got something original? The best rides in the park (except for Indy of course) aren't based on a film or book. Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Matterhorn. All great, all original.

What have we gotten lately? Buzz Lightyear, Nemo, Pirate Island (with movie tie-ins galore).

Come on WDI, how about something completely original?

A western stagecoach adventure as some have suggested. An alien musical review similar to America Sings. A new motor boat ride in Fantasyland, maybe through an enchanted forrest or something. A realistic Arabian themed ride for Adventureland (no Aladdin stuff, real, human looking characters).

Any of this on the drawing board? Nope. We get Cars, Incredibles and Disney Villians. I think WDI is forgetting the what "Imagineering" is really supposed be just to keep the marketing people happy and sell more Buzz and Nemo plush.

When I took a Theme Park & Design course at ArtCenter taught by someone at WDI many many years ago, I created a ride called Kilauea, but in reality, it was just a way for me to make Fire Mountain.

The premise was that it was a dormant volcano (i know i know... kilauea isn't dormant) and two brothers discovered it and turned it into a tourist trap, offering off tours of the inside caverns. The queue would be filled with factoids about volcanoes around the world, the distruction it can cause, etc.

The onboard pre-recorded audio (with variations) would play at the early part of the ride as if a tour guide was with you, and it would be done in a way that it didn't sound like an actor was doing it.

After you pass by some magnificent structural rock work, an earthquake can be felt and the track that you're on actually shifts... as lava blasts through the walls ahead to reveal a face resembling the goddess Pele. The ground beneath you catches onto another part of track as you stumble through the volcano in hopes of barely escaping.

Yah, the story is something I find myself repeating a lot, but it was done years ago.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I'm not super creative when it comes to stuff like this (knitting, writing, and crafting I can do), but I would love to see an area that focused on creativity. Maybe an area where kids could create their own rides out of tinkertoys or toothpicks with gum drops but have someone fancy with Disney helping...And showing sorta' the science behind Imaginearing. That's what I would have loved as a kid. As an adult... I'd be thrilled if that was my future kids (note I don't have kids right now, ack!) favorite place. I think that'd be my favorite place.

• Inappropriate

Do you think WDI ever reads these boards and just says "Well crap. Now we can't build that one either!" Because we keep coming up with all these awesome ideas that they probably have on the drawing boards, but for legal reasons (like us sueing them for stealing our ideas) they have to abandon every good idea because of us.

I'm not being serious, that scenario just makes me laugh.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I want something like the Star Trek Experience, only this time it would be themed to simply outer space. You enter space station X-33, and your return shuttle to earth has been cancelled, so you have to take the maintenance shuttle back to earth. This simulator will use the tech used in Back to the Future, instead of individual sims like Star Tours.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast