Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   

Re: If you could make a new DLR attraction what would the attraction be?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Do you think WDI ever reads these boards and just says "Well crap. Now we can't build that one either!" Because we keep coming up with all these awesome ideas that they probably have on the drawing boards, but for legal reasons (like us sueing them for stealing our ideas) they have to abandon every good idea because of us.

I'm not being serious, that scenario just makes me laugh.
    I've wondered that myself.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^They shouldn't worry about us suing them. I mean, if they actually use our ideas, then we should be jumping for joy, not suing them.

Just my two cents.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Just because someone says an idea does not mean it is protected legally.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    When I took a Theme Park & Design course at ArtCenter taught by someone at WDI many many years ago, I created a ride called Kilauea, but in reality, it was just a way for me to make Fire Mountain.

The premise was that it was a dormant volcano (i know i know... kilauea isn't dormant) and two brothers discovered it and turned it into a tourist trap, offering off tours of the inside caverns. The queue would be filled with factoids about volcanoes around the world, the distruction it can cause, etc.

The onboard pre-recorded audio (with variations) would play at the early part of the ride as if a tour guide was with you, and it would be done in a way that it didn't sound like an actor was doing it.

After you pass by some magnificent structural rock work, an earthquake can be felt and the track that you're on actually shifts... as lava blasts through the walls ahead to reveal a face resembling the goddess Pele. The ground beneath you catches onto another part of track as you stumble through the volcano in hopes of barely escaping.

Yah, the story is something I find myself repeating a lot, but it was done years ago.
    That's an interesting idea. It almost seems like the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" attraction at Tokyo Disney Sea. Hopefully some original ideas like this will make past the development stages and get added to the park someday.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Oh, I'd make something with a poncho. Imagine that, all those people wearing ponchos and insanely happy. From there, we'd proceed into the belly of a great elephant. He wouldn't mind. He runs a small cooperative shop inside there where they sell all kinds of hemp clothing and knits. We'd all browse the various beads on display and soak up the ambiance and the incense.

By this stage, we'd all be so relaxed that we wouldn't notice the big drop that sent us splashing down into a pool of lemurs, gently playing in the sunlight. They'd be into dance music. It's not your scene, but you go along with it, because it's "fun".
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Master of Disaster

my ideas

A Viking boat ride sort of a combination of Pirates and the Canoes. Pirates in that the boat is in a track but Canoes in that the water isnt moving the boat. You are with oars each boat would sorta look like this

One of the show buildings would be a viking village in the middle of winter and it would be really cold in there. I think you get the idea and could totally expand on it if you want.

I do like the idea of theming a drop ride to Mary Poppins. launch you out a chimney and parachute down with an umbrella. would be a totally cool and easy ride to pull off.

• Minion

uuhm maelstrom..?

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I love the idea of an Aladdin flying carpet rollercoaster, something themed the whole way through, on a smooth metal track, with heat emanating when the cave is collapsing, a huge animatronic of the entrance of the cave of wonders and then a burst of cool air when you blast out of the ground.

I know they did a virtual reality ride of the carpet ride, but I think a true metal coaster would be much more effective.

It could even have a loop

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

complain all you want. Question me all you want.

but I want a Dark ride on Hunchback of Notre Dame

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Megastrophy View Post
    I love the idea of an Aladdin flying carpet rollercoaster, something themed the whole way through, on a smooth metal track, with heat emanating when the cave is collapsing, a huge animatronic of the entrance of the cave of wonders and then a burst of cool air when you blast out of the ground.

I know they did a virtual reality ride of the carpet ride, but I think a true metal coaster would be much more effective.

It could even have a loop

Got ya covered! from a previous thread:

While it's fun to dream about the possibility (or impossibility) of Adventureland expansion, I made my ideas geared for Florida's Adventureland to replace the Aladdin Dumbo.

MAGIC CARPET: THE E-TICKET (replaces the carpet spinner ride)
    The queue for this attraction begins innocently enough.... in the Agrabah marketplace. Walk through assorted alleys and and displays of typical items found in Agrabah. Audio of merchants and buyers can be heard, making it sound like they're just on the other side of the wall.

By now, the guest has traveled indoors to Jafar's chamber where you see him (an animatronic) plot his plans to send Aladdin into the cave of wonders. The hourglass full of sand would be a cool effect with a projection of Aladdin onto it. And this is still the queue.

Agrabah soon becomes the dessert and the sky is certainly dark now. After you pass a dune, you see in the distance, the entrance to the Cave of Wonders. The queue leads you downwards as you continue to wait in line while passing mountains and mountains of gold and treasure. Audio of Aladdin and Abu wandering around can be heard echoing through the caverns. Most audible of course is "Abu, don't touch ANYthing!"

You board your coaster car (not suspended as you need to SIT into the magic carpet) and you go on your way. The first room you go into though is of course Abu grabbing the biggest gem ever. As he grabs it, that's when all hell literally breaks loose, the train zooms ahead (like ca screamin) as you careen through the cave of wonders escaping falling rocks, mountains of treasure, and exploding lava.

The climax of the ride is of course when the Genie is finally released from the lamp and he grants you a way out.

The End.

This would be the final stretch of the ride where you are confronted by tidal waves of lava, exploding balls of fire. A massive Genie comes alive (part animatronic part animated) that shoots a blast of fog and smoke against what appeared like a solid wall. You fly on through a tunnel of smoke (escaping the near head on collision with the wall) and you escape the cave of wonders and exit back into the saftey of Adventureland.

I can picture the exit spiel now.. "exit here, here or here or here or here... anywhere!"

And for those who missed it, my hope of a Rocketeer ride. (and I also want to see a South Seas Club dining facility)

THE ROCKETEER ADVENTURE
    Being a fan of the film, I've always wanted a roller coaster that allowed you to fly like the Rocketeer. Now with coaster technology, it's actually DOABLE (see tatsu at six flags in california, and stealth at great america in northern california).

The vehicles: Sit in a chair with shoulder restraints in a row of four. Maybe sixteen people per vehicle. The seats then lie backwards as you now bcome parallel with the track (on your back). The backs of the train behind you resemble the rocket packs. Speakers are on each seat for some onboard sound effects (the sound of the jet pack, etc)

The queue: Wandering through the airplane hangar, you read on newspaper clippings that the Rocketeer is back (the rocket pack was destroyed in the film) framed on the wall. You also hear some popular tunes from a jukebox nearby. A plane belonging to Cliff Secord is just around the corner.

As you near the load station, you hear a radio news flash report that the gangster thugs are at it again, stealing millions worth in jewels (or whatever). They're calling for the Rocketeer for immediate help.

The ride: The ride begins as you travel (on your back) around the corner. You go up a lift track and stop when you're completely perpendicular to the ground (standing straight up). An animatronic of your pal Peabody (alan arkin) gives you a funny or serious comment (different everytime). "you look like a hood ornament"

At that point you launch straight up (like the maliboomer) and continue on your journey through the clouds as your vehicle eventually turns towards the ground as you fly like the rocketeer on a thrilling coaster journey.

You fly through 40's hollywood between buildings, chasing cars, and witness thugs firing at you with dazzling visual effects and sound. The bullets seem to miss you as you fly by. Eventually the chase comes to an end and the finale shows the thugs being cuffed by the cops.

You saved the day! Another radio report can be heard as you exit, detailing the daring and courageous adventure that you just experienced. Purchase your picture from the ride, resembling the front page of a newspaper with the headline "rocketeer saves day" or something like that.

This could go in MGM Studios or DCA.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   

I like the way you think Coheteboy! Great ideas!
    I would love to just sit with you and spit out ideas for new rides. You pay attention to the little details too which I like. You think along the same lines as me so it's good to hear from someone else. Everytime I talk about rides like this with my friends, they just don't get it........

I have never been to DCA (though I have been to Walt Disney World many times), but I have an idea for an attraction that could fit in well with the victorian theming planned for the Paradise Pier section of the park.

Donald's Duck Tours
    Located along the boardwalk in DCA is the Paradise Pier Yacht Club. The Victorian era club's members include Scrooge McDuck, who has allowed his nephew Donald to provide "duck tours" of the area in amphibious vehicles, using the club as a base. The tour begins in the lower floor of the yacht club. As the vehicle heads out onto the boardwalk, with Donald directing the vehicles via remote control, something goes wrong. The vehicle is redirected up the ramp which traditionally serves to transport food to the club. It then travels through the kitchen, the formal ballroom, and other areas of the club, causing mayhem as the "duck boat' makes its way through the confines of the building. The dark ride style adventure ends with a trip down the main stairway of the club, through the front door and out into the lake.

I am not certain where this would fit in the park, but I would imagine a bridge would be required so that the amphibious vehicles would have access to the lake. A humorously themed stop/go sign on the bridge could be modified to warn passerbys of the potential splash when a vehicle was about to emerge from the Yacht club and splash into the lake. I see this more as a dark ride then a coaster, with an ending reminiscent of a shoot-the chute. The Yacht club would fit in with the upgraded theming of the area, and the ride itself would be an enhanced version of an attraction that was developed during that era. I am not certain if the ride building, animatronics and other theming will fit into the proposed budget, but I think this could be a very popular attraction for the upgraded park.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I like the way you think Coheteboy! Great ideas!
    I would love to just sit with you and spit out ideas for new rides. You pay attention to the little details too which I like. You think along the same lines as me so it's good to hear from someone else. Everytime I talk about rides like this with my friends, they just don't get it........

Thanks! It's been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. My friends and I would just sit on the People Mover looking at 'yesterland' and trying to think of rides they should put in that would be cool. That's where it all started.

I heart the People Mover.

•   

Thanks! It's been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. My friends and I would just sit on the People Mover looking at 'yesterland' and trying to think of rides they should put in that would be cool. That's where it all started.

I heart the People Mover.
    Cool friends!

You said you took a class on theme parks or ride design before correct?
    How was that???

I know what you mean....
    I miss it too.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Cool friends!

You said you took a class on theme parks or ride design before correct?
    How was that???

I know what you mean....
    I miss it too.

It was the greatest class I ever took. It was an expensive course ($650 maybe?) and I learned more about drawing and perspective in that class than ANY other drawing class I took elsewhere.

The instructor encouraged us to go with original concepts and we storyboarded everything, built a model of it, the works.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast