Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   

Re: If you could make a new DLR attraction what would the attraction be?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It was the greatest class I ever took. It was an expensive course ($650 maybe?) and I learned more about drawing and perspective in that class than ANY other drawing class I took elsewhere.

The instructor encouraged us to go with original concepts and we storyboarded everything, built a model of it, the works.
    That sounds amazing!
    I found a class that sounds somewhat similar to that. It was at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. I think it was $700-$750 a unit. I found this after I was married and had kids so it just wasn't going to work for me......

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

Tron. Enough said...

I just think that'd be cool, on the bikes and what not...

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    my ideas

A Viking boat ride sort of a combination of Pirates and the Canoes. Pirates in that the boat is in a track but Canoes in that the water isnt moving the boat. You are with oars each boat would sorta look like this

One of the show buildings would be a viking village in the middle of winter and it would be really cold in there. I think you get the idea and could totally expand on it if you want.

I do like the idea of theming a drop ride to Mary Poppins. launch you out a chimney and parachute down with an umbrella. would be a totally cool and easy ride to pull off.

Have you ever been on Maelstrom at WDW sam eidea really just executed poorly on their part. I liek your idea as opposed to WDW's tellign of some mythical creature.

"This guy!"

• What have I done?

For Disneyland: I would like to see the trasport-pods form the INcredibles.
    For DCA: Somethign unique and original. Not excited about the latest attraction going in PP.

"This guy!"

i have always wanted to see a family dark ride themed to mary poppins, you would ride in either kites or umbrellas ala peter pan, and would hop through paintings, probably done by projections to get from scene to scene.

• Minion

mary poppins is LONG overdue for an attraction

• Wonderful World

I would probably put something good on the people mover tracks. Or build a western theme ride in the big thunder ranch area.
    I'm back MiceChat

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I wonder why I'm never one for a Mary Poppins attraction. But if there was a Great Movie Ride DISNEY STYLE, with animatronics of the great disney live-action films, I think Mary Poppins would be an incredible set piece. (as would Pirates, Dick Tracy, Rocketeer, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, etc etc)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• or is it Namjij?

I would love to see the people mover tracks re-used. My family goes to WDW every year and the TTA is one of our favorite things to ride.
    A Disney-style Great Movie Ride would be a nice touch in DCA's Hollywood section.
    All I can say is, Faldric Nomjitch would be a killer nic for an HM fanatic on the DB (or any other) chat boards. Wish I had thought of it.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

My perfect SM:

The queue would remain the same until when you enter the building. After walking through the corridors of SS 77 for a while, you and a group of 10 people board a small elevator down to the 'loading dock'. The elevator descends smoothly, but all you can see in front of you are walls. Suddenly, the wall disappears, and you are treated to a birds' eye view of the hangar bay, where you can see other astronauts being cleared for takeoff. The elevator descends to the floor, and the gates open and you walk straight into the trains. You look above you; the ceiling is glass, and you can see meteors, galaxies, and planets. It looks suspiciously like a giant TV screen...

The train starts to move. In front of you are a huge pair of doors-the airlock. The doors whoosh open, and the train moves slowly inside. Ahead of you is another door; then space beckons. The doors behind you clang shut, silencing the sounds of the dock.

You can hear and feel the vacuum as you are acclimatized to the air in space. A line of red lights flashes green. You hear a voice filling the room: "Shuttle (insert random number), status is go. You are cleared for launch."

The second set of doors open, revealing the blackness of space. You can see galaxies, supernovas, planets, comets, and a variety of other space-faring objects. Hey! Did I just see the Voyager II?

The air is cold, due to the vacuum in space. Before you have time to digest all of this, however, before you are launched from 0-55 in 4 seconds into the universe. You hold on as the Shuttle buckles, narrowly avoiding meteors and flinging around planets (that are being projected onto glass walls). Suddenly, your engine dies; the Shuttle flips vertical, and as you look straight down, you realize that you are being drawn in by the gravity of a planet! (same tech as Spiderman at IOA)

You can hear your engines try to restart; finally, at the last moment, they ignite, and you veer across the surface of the planet and back out into space. (Spiderman tech used until here)

After a few more turns, your Shuttle suddenly brakes hard as you see SS 77 off to your right. You're almost home! The Space Station gets larger and larger, until...

BOOM! A flash of light, and you are disoriented to the 'n'th degree as blinking and whirling light spiral toward you. You feel as though your Shuttle is doing 100 heartline rolls a second. Before your eyes have time to adjust, you arrive at the unloading dock. The now-empty shuttle glides off to worlds unknown (separate loading, unloading [like Haunted Mansion]).

And that was my perfect SM.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234