Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Halloween Parade @ DL

Let's say DL decides to take the plunge and have a Halloween themed parade next year. I suggest that there be a mix of some of the stuff used at other Disney parks around the world. Here's my take on it:
    • Opening: Three of the ghosts based on those at TDLR dressed as Flora, Fauna and Merriweather are on a float reading...here's the title of the parade: MICKEY AND STITCH'S KOOKY NOT SO SPOOKY HALLODREAMS KAVALKADE. The others are surrounding the centerpiece dancing.
    • Mickey and Friends with Stitch: Themed in a pumpkin patch, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Daisy are joined by Stitch with DLRP Pumpkin People along side the float dancing.
    • Princesses: Ariel (in her mermaid form) in front with the other princesses - Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Mulan, Pocohauntas, Jasmine and Belle (if there are others that would be added, they would be here) - surround a Pumpkin Coach with their princes at their side and support characters (The Seven Dwarfs, Fairy Godmother, Sebatsian, et al) along side the float.
    • Monsteropolis Power: Monsters Inc stars Mike, Sully and Boo are on this float.
    • Scarecrows:Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and Pinocchio characters are in a cornfield with dancing scarecrows and crows, the latter borrowed from TDL.
    • Villains Jam Session: All the bad guys from the Disney franchise - from The Wicked Queen (or her old hag alter ego) through the most recent entry are in a jam session with Ursula (a holdover from PoD) on percussion. They are joined by the Pink Witch brigade from DLRP.
    • Goofy's Candy Company: The finale features Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Woody, Buzz and Jesse at Goofy's Candy Company factory.

The music would be based on "It's Halloween-O-Ween" from DLRP in a more upbeat fashion while the "Shout and Scream" music from TDL's 2006 events would be used for parade stops.
    ---
    As always, comments and critiques are welcomed.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-10-2007 at 07:47 AM.

• Geoff London

Re: Halloween Parade @ DL

No Stitch! No Stitch! Did I say - No Stitch! He completely ruins the Halloween theme at DLRP. They have pumpkin men trying to paint everything orange - Frontierland becomes Halloweenland - The Molly Brown (Paris's riverboat) is draped like a mummy - it's all superb an dthen they go and add that dreadful Stitch.

If you've never seen WDW Halloween parade (Mickey's Not So Scary....) -
    you can get a flavour from this: (Ignore the forst 3 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAzslxJR1XQ

The parade starts with a headless horseman riding down Main Street. And you'll collect more candy than you can imagine.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Banned User

Yes, I have seen them all on YouTube. I was merely giving a suggestion of ideas from other Disney resorts (except Hong Kong).

And besides, Stitch is an ideal co-star. I'm not saying he should take over everything like at DLRP, he should have a minor role in the Halloween events at DLR.

• Banned User

*crickets* Uh, hello? Anyone there?

• Banned User

Yoo hoo! *more crickets chirping*

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I 2nd the no Stitch idea. I'm not sure how he fits into the Halloween theme. Villians on the other hand, I'm sold on a halloween parade with the bad guys.

Chad

• All You Need is Love!

I agree with Geoffa. NO MORE STITCH!!!!

He has to be the most over used annoying character in the parks! I used to like Lilo and Stitch until Disney started using him for EVERYTHING.

Ok, back on subject, I would love if Disney made a Halloween parade! BUT, I would much rather see it themed to the Haunted Mansion and (maybe) Nightmare Before Christmas. With a mix of "This is Halloween" and "Grim Grinning Ghosts" playing as the soundtrack. And no parade stops. A parade should just keep going so you have an equal amount of time to see each float. Also, I hate the Villians rock band thing. It is way too out of character and the music is horrible.
    (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

• Banned User

I should give you a bit of a backstory on the Villains Band story.

Over twenty years ago, Disney had a 30th Anniversary special for The Happiest Place on Earth(R), and David Hasselhoff, who was doing a show on NBC called Knight Rider (the one with William Daniels of John Adams in 1776 and Boy Meets World fame as the voice of a talking car named KITT) sang a cover version of The Contours' one hit wonder "Do You Love Me?" backed by the pre-1989 villains. I hope someone has a YouTube of this to further illustrate my point.

Bottom line on this is that it's Halloween, and they have a show at WDW during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party event. A show with them doing rock music (or even an original song) would be fun. As for Stitch, he's a protagonist, and he has a show during MNSSHP at the Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland dressed as Elvis. Here, he's doing a parade as a co-host. Why not add Lilo to them and make it better? As I stated earlier, he's not taking over all of the events at DLR, he's just the co-star with Mickey of a little Halloween-themed Parade idea.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Villains Jam Session: All the bad guys from the Disney franchise - from The Wicked Queen (or her old hag alter ego) through the most recent entry are in a jam session with Ursula (a holdover from PoD) on percussion. They are joined by the Pink Witch brigade from DLRP.
    This, I love. But I would love Pete to be included.

• Banned User

Well, Pegleg Pete would be in the band in some way.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

Well, Pegleg Pete would be in the band in some way.
    He could play the drums.

• Banned User

I've got Ursula down for the percussion. Pete could be the manager taking his cut.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

I've got Ursula down for the percussion. Pete could be the manager taking his cut.
    Good idea. My 2nd thought was singing. He does a awesome verison of "Boom da Boom". Maybe he can sing a awesome Halloween song.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 08-07-2007 at 05:30 PM.

• Banned User

Red Face Re: Halloween Parade @ DL

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    Good idea. My 2nd thought was singing. He does a awesome verison of "Boom da Boom". Maybe he can sing a awesome Halloween song.
    Great idea. But, don't let him wear a ballet dress. They're making him look gay.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

Speaking of Halloween Parade. I was listening to a podcast today. I just heard that bring out the Headless Horseman. That is so awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast