Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• rebmeM roinuJ

Mary Poppins in the park?

Im surprised there isnt more Mary Poppins stuff/things to look at in the park. For being such a great film its pretty under-represented. Anyone else feel the same?

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Mary Poppins in the park?

As fun as that would be, it would be kind of hard to work that into such a cartoony Fantasyland... I think that it would be really really fun though

• Minion

I have always thought the practically perfect place for Mary Poppins at Disneyland would be Carnation Plaza Gardens. That area could easily become the Jolly Holiday tea garden seen in the film. Add some willow trees and grassy areas. Keep the bandstand and retheme it to match a Penguin-run coffee/tea/desert house (the tables and chairs already match). A tiny four-horse carousel (the horses from the film) for formal photo ops with Mary and Bert. Chalk pavement artists on the winding paths. Pearly Band.

The perfect themed segue between Main Street and Fantasyland - and that area is rarely used now.

• rebmeM roinuJ

yeah, i dont really want anything too big like a ride, id be afraid of it being "spruced up" and have something added to capture a new audience.

carnations plaza is an alright idea. something simple like the snow white area fountain thing (does it have a title?) near the castle would even be enough for me.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I have always thought the practically perfect place for Mary Poppins at Disneyland would be Carnation Plaza Gardens. That area could easily become the Jolly Holiday tea garden seen in the film. Add some willow trees and grassy areas. Keep the bandstand and retheme it to match a Penguin-run coffee/tea/desert house (the tables and chairs already match). A tiny four-horse carousel (the horses from the film) for formal photo ops with Mary and Bert. Chalk pavement artists on the winding paths. Pearly Band.

The perfect themed segue between Main Street and Fantasyland - and that area is rarely used now.
    You have all the qualities of a good imagineer! Would be a great asset at the park. Are you listening - Bob and Ed?
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Fancy that...

i realy like merlinjones idea for the plaza gardens but either way Mary can go in fantasyland or main street and possibly toontown because she went into the drawings and one of the amazing things about the movie is that it was incorperating Cartoon and live action

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

At the WDI inservice last week, Tony Baxter showed CMs some ideas he pitched for rides when he was trying to get hired into imagineering, and one of his very first ideas was a Mary Poppins dark ride. It looked pretty neat, but I could see why they passed on it.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Minion

there are alot of underused disney films, and there will be as long as theres another pixar movie to slap somewhere.

mary poppins should get the carnation plaza gardens or build a smaller tea cafe up in the skyway building

• Minion

Plaza Gardens seems like the ideal place to apply a sponsorhip for Mary Poppins. Starbucks? Peet's? Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf? Tetley? Lipton? Or would it have to be Nestle?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post

Practically perfect in every way. Well begun is half-done.

• SpitSpot!

I would love to see a "Burt" artist scribing chalk drawings in Carnation Gardens - or rather outside to lure you in.
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I think Merlin's idea is great.

I also like the idea of the chalk drawings, but I'd be a dork and try to jump into all of them.. and be greatly disappointed when I find out that all I did was smudge the drawing.. darn..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Cool Re: Mary Poppins in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    At the WDI inservice last week, Tony Baxter showed CMs some ideas he pitched for rides when he was trying to get hired into imagineering, and one of his very first ideas was a Mary Poppins dark ride. It looked pretty neat, but I could see why they passed on it.
    Why? What was wrong with it? (I would KILL to see some pictures!)

Originally Posted by MerlinJones; I have always thought the practically perfect place for Mary Poppins at Disneyland would be Carnation Plaza Gardens. That area could easily become the Jolly Holiday tea garden seen in the film. Add some willow trees and grassy areas. Keep the bandstand and retheme it to match a Penguin-run coffee/tea/desert house (the tables and chairs already match). A tiny four-horse carousel (the horses from the film) for formal photo ops with Mary and Bert. Chalk pavement artists on the winding paths. Pearly Band.

EXCELLENT idea; is certainly measures up since that is where Bert and Mary usually perform their sets (near and around), it would be perfect for a seldom used area, would Theme beautifully (as you said, a nice blend between Main Street and Fantasyland), and would bring some "life" - and penguins! - to that area...

the drawings that tony shared looked like everyone would board ride vehicales themed to the carousel that they ride in the movie while taking you thru scenes from the movie, there was one taht looked like you would also be in the horse race as well.

• Closed Account

I agree that there should be more Mary Poppins around. It would be neat if they had a Jolly Holiday ride on Carousel horses or something like that. Replace Snow White with "Mary Poppins' Jolly Holdiay".

I really don't think they have enough of the Mary face character either. All the years I've been to the park I've never seen her except in the pictures of other MCers. I think the only solution to this problem is for Disney to hire me as a face character and let me be Mary Poppins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast