Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trip Report 7/20-7/23

Good Evening Everyone!

This is my first trip report, so bear with me as I try and figure out this whole picture business.

Anyways! - My trip started in San Francisco at about 2:00am. My two friends and I jumped into an over packed Ford Focus and headed over the 580 to the 5, where we sleepily treked our way to the happiest place on Earth.

I will spare you pictures of this as it wasn't a pretty sight!

About 7 hours later, we found ourselves exiting Harbor, and pulling into our Hotel (The Tropicana). After a quick check in, we headed across the street, and were greated by one of the best sights in this world.

After a quick line at the gate, we scampered down Main Street to my favorite ride at the resort, Space Mountain. Needless to say I was very excited...can you tell?

While in line I managed to grab a few shots of the trademark dome, and it looked fairly clean.

If you really zoom in your can see some faint dirt lines, but you can't see that with the naked eye. Also the queue was very clean, and I didn't notice any gum. I didn't get any pictures of the outside queue, but here are a few from the inside.

Also since I have SO MANY pictures of Disneyland, I tried to get pictures from different angles than I am usually used to, so sometimes there are pictures of random things.

After we conquered the mountain, it was about time to head over to one of my favorite areas of the resort...

Yeah that's right I said it, I like DCA!

I didn't get too many more pictures though on our first day, because we were so busy trying to run around and hit everything. We are those people that rack up as many fastpasses as possible, and hit every ride as many times as possible from park open to close. Needless to say it was a great night.

Now Saturday was my favorite day of the trip.

We had early entry, and headed from our hotel room at 6:30am to the Esplanade. I had to stop for a minute to show how close we were to the park.

Our hotel...

The view from the front gate.

(On a side note, I really enjoyed the Tropicana, and would stay there again in a heartbeat.)

The very first thing we did was head over to Nemo, and try and beat out the rest of the guests to what was easily the most popular ride in the park. We waited literally about 10 minutes, (at which point I took this shot, I still don't get what this thing is supposed to do/be)

...and were on the second load of subs leaving the station.

I have to say that while cute, Nemo was a real snoozer. I would say it was a solid D-ticket attraction, but the story was really lacking, and it really isn't something I felt the desire to ride again that trip.

One thing that Nemo DID do, was direct all of the early entry guests to it's line. So once we were done with Nemo we were able to hit Both sides of the Matterhorn, and nearly every dark ride in Fantasyland without a wait!!

We don't go on the Teacups though because they make us sick, so we decided to fake it on the one in the middle of Fantasyland.

After our ride marathon, we headed over to Cafe Orleans for breakfast, where one of the other patrons was nice enough to take our picture. I think this is the only pocture with all three of us the whole weekend.

I LOOOOOOOOVE Cafe Orleans. Their Creole Eggs Benedict is by far one of the best breakfasts at the entire resort, and I get it every time I go there.

After breakfast we headed to Splash, where we witnessed something we wouldn't see the rest of the weekend.

While the lines in the park were pretty manageable all weekend, the standby line for Splash Mountain hovered around 60 minutes almost the entire time we were there...luckily we didn't wait in many lines Saturday!!

Why you ask? - Well after I took that picture, we ran over to DCA to ride the TOT. After exiting the ride we ran into someone handing out these little beauties!

WOOOOO!

I have been wanting to win something for so long, and hadn't even SEEN a Dream Squad Member anywhere on three separate trips. I was frankly shocked, and crapping myself with glee!

The rest of the day was a blur, as all we did was hit rides all day, and into the night.

We took a break in there somewhere to go eat at the Blue Bayou. It was a GREAT meal. One thing was strange though.

That...is the weirdest salad I have ever seen in my whole life.

Finally around midnight we dragged our bodies back to the hotel. On the way back I snagged some night shots of main street. It's so pretty at night time.

Sunday was really nice, and here are a few pictures from that day.

Love me some watermelon.

*Excited that we are going to get a drink*

LOVE the Cove Bar!!!

And of course....what better way to end a trip, than with one of the best firework shows on Earth.

Ok guys...that was my trip. It was my first time in July, and I have to say I probably won't be back. The lines were nothing compared to Christmas, but LA is just too hot, muggy and gross in the summer for this SF boy. My next trip is scheduled for the beginning of February.

WOOO!

Thanks for sitting through my report!
    Last edited by DCAFTW; 07-25-2007 at 08:47 PM.

• For You!

Re: Trip Report 7/20-7/23

Great report - I really enjoyed it!!!! Sorry about the heat - but at least you got to go!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Awesome Pix. Good old Disneyland. It sure brings out the smiles in everyone.

Chad

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    (at which point I took this shot, I still don't get what this thing is supposed to do/be)

It's called an "Observatron". It is suppose to go on and move every 15 minutes to "send" messages in sync with music. What a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    After exiting the ride we ran into someone handing out these little beauties!

WOOOOO!

I have been wanting to win something for so long, and hadn't even SEEN a Dream Squad Member anywhere on three separate trips. I was frankly shocked, and crapping myself with glee!
    You are so lucky!! I am so jealous!! How did you get it?? They go up to you and aks you if you want the Dream Fast Passes or you ask them for it??

Yeah...not a fan of that thing.

As for the fastpasses, they were being handed out at the Bathroom by the Cruella Trailer at around 11:00am. We say a crowd of people gathering, and we went up to the group and were handed the passes. They handed out maybe 50 or so of them, and there were definitely not enough to go around to all of the people in the group. We were rather lucky.

• For You!

Yeah you were!!!!! I'm jealous!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Awesome TR man!
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Cool pictures. I love the one in the Teacup and the fireworks look so neat with Walt Disney there, as if he's standing and supervising.

Thanks for the compliments! - and yeah I love the way that worked out.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

LOved the TR!
    agreed on So Cal inthe summer LOL!!
    congrats on the FPs
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

That is one awful salad. Looks like the person who made it was in a hurry.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Looks like we have another emerging trip report artist in our midst....very well done! Thanks for sharing your happiness with us!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    That is one awful salad. Looks like the person who made it was in a hurry.
    disneyland has the most HORRIBLE sit down salads. i was very disappointed with the one i got at the Cafe Orleans. Thank god my dad and i shared a monte cristo with it. Supposedly its called a fine dining salad...looks like half a head of luttue to me, but eh, thats disney for you.

nice TR!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Whew! I'm tired from reading that - you got a LOT in on a summer weekend! Great job!

I love the "mock teacups" picture and am going to work on getting the same location next time I go for the fireworks -- the Walt silhouette in the pictures made me get a little teary.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Circle of Ancients

Nice trip report! I really like the shots you took from unique angles. And I love the night shots of Main Street. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast