Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

What would add/change in Toon Town?

It seems to me that Toon Town was built and left to lessen the crowds in Fantasyland. The only changes I know of have been the removal of Chip and Dales acorn play area.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• e komo mai

I would add the second story to the Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin attraction like they originally planned. You can see it when you look up near the fireworks factory. It would be neat to see the cars spinning above you.

I'd also add a not so intense E-Ticket for kids and adults. But that's just me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I would add the second story to the Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin attraction like they originally planned. You can see it when you look up near the fireworks factory. It would be neat to see the cars spinning above you.
    Was it suposed to be like Alice where you see the cars outside for a few seconds or was it going to be a window to the outside world that would be enclosed?

Either way it would make a good ride better.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    Was it suposed to be like Alice where you see the cars outside for a few seconds or was it going to be a window to the outside world that would be enclosed?

Either way it would make a good ride better.
    Yep. Correct me if I'm wrong, but budgetary constraints stopped that part of the project. So the platform area is just sitting there as empty as Tomorrowland during Xmas break.

youknow actualy I think the Roger Rabbit darkride is pretty fun as is (I'm not really upset about anything that might've been left out, all in all it's a great ride that's alot of fun why tamper with it?) the Baby ride doesn't sound all that great and neither does that whole simulator ride thing

I guess I've been ok with the idea of putting Philharmagic in some sort of opera building

I've already said that it'd be neat to have Duckburg be a transfer out of Toontown and have a Duck Tales darkride there , or maybe Cape Canard (is that right?) were Darkwing duck lives and have a darkride for him

all in all though Toontown really accomplishes what it needs to and isn't a crowd problem but is great for the rides it does have

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I guess I've been ok with the idea of putting Philharmagic in some sort of opera building

I've already said that it'd be neat to have Duckburg be a transfer out of Toontown and have a Duck Tales darkride there , or maybe Cape Canard (is that right?) were Darkwing duck lives and have a darkride for him
    I'm really intrested to see Philharmagic.

I would LOVE to see Duckburg somewhere...maybe DCA. That would make a lot of Donald fans happy.
    Last edited by Retlaw Yensid; 02-09-2005 at 09:52 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket

I'd also add a not so intense E-Ticket for kids and adults. But that's just me.

Good Call Gemini Cricket!

Kyle

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Exclamation Realization

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider

all in all though Toontown really accomplishes what it needs to and isn't a crowd problem but is great for the rides it does have
    You mentioned an extension to TT before and I think you just tapped into one of the most potential nightmares of this summer.

Since last year's numbers were so low (I still think because everyone was waiting for the refurbishments to finish) that crowd control is going to be a complete and total nightmare this summer, especially with 2 dead ends (TT and CC [I'm detecting a pattern here ]). I hope there's a plan in the making.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Magical Memories fanzine

Philharmagic would be good. I would love to see the ORIGINAL toon trolley idea.

I would DIE to see a Scrooge Mcduck bank vault attraction/ride that would be awesome! Scrooge is my favorite character, it would be great to see him more prominantly in the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    You mentioned an extension to TT before and I think you just tapped into one of the most potential nightmares of this summer.

Since last year's numbers were so low (I still think because everyone was waiting for the refurbishments to finish) that crowd control is going to be a complete and total nightmare this summer, especially with 2 dead ends (TT and CC [I'm detecting a pattern here ]). I hope there's a plan in the making.
    well Disneyland has had this problem for years so I can't see how the 50th will be too much different

the real key is getting Space Mountain open again, not only will that bring more people in but it will draw more people to the other side of the park (to counterbalance Fantasmic and all the offerings on the Western side)

I remeber going to Disneyland back when TL98 was new, Fantasmic wasn't nearly as crowded and iddn't have all the traffic issues it does now, I think that's mostly because people who might otherwise by in TL are now in the western side of the park since that's were all the best rides are (hopefully once Space is up Buzz and Star Tours will be able to take in their share of the park too, just like the old times, heck maybe HISTA will even get a few more people then normal)

• Minion

I've always thought Scrooge's Money Bin was consipcuously missing - - love to see that with a Carl Barks-style Duck adventure dark ride.

A Mickey and the Beanstalk dark ride would be cool too, especially with the scale changes! With the cottage and stalk as exterior.

Even cooler would be a psychedlic The Three Caballeros ride, with live-action projections amongst the animation (like those old WDW rides). This would also be a good transition area to Frontierland.

I'd like to see them add something back there for adults - or rather, people of all ages - not just kiddie rides. Roger Rabbit barely counts. It's one of the coolest looking areas of the park, yet there is nothing much for adults without kids to do back there.
    Last edited by mickhyperion; 02-11-2005 at 04:28 PM.

• My Children's Father

I would add big cartoony-looking trees for shade. And a ride that links Toontown to Critter Country .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

Duckburg would be awesome in Toontown, although they don't really have the spac for it. Right behind it is where they store all the extra ride cars, do repairs, etc. etc. Honestly Toontown has the best atmosphere and scenery than the other lands, but the rides are poop. Kind of a wasted trip when the only thing worth the trip to the back of the park is Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin... I remember being to big for all the kids stuff when the land opened and I was all bummed out lol, so an all ages ride sounds great too.

• Baybeh!

Duckburg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast