Blackout Day Tix!?!?!?!?!?

I'm getting alot of different reports from different threads about the avalalibility of AP blackout day tickets for July 17th.

Will they be available? And if they are, is there a certain cutoff?

I'd really like some answers from cm's (I know you're on here)

I also don't want people telling me to go upgrade my pass or buy a full-price ticket before the day of. I already know all about that.

So cm's (or Matt O. if you're reading this), I'm begging for some good information!

• Minion

Re: Blackout Day Tix!?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    I'm getting alot of different reports from different threads about the avalalibility of AP blackout day tickets for July 17th.
    I want to preface this with I am not a CM and nor do I play one on MiceChat. But, what I have heard is there is a possibility they may not sell blackouts and they may not even sell 1 day tickets, depending on the crowd when they open. Unfortunately, your question may not be able to be answered until the morning of 7/17.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I am NOT a CM, but I know a few of them... the latest CM reference guide talks about the Blockout Pass...

They are only available on the day of use, and that they will no longer be offered if they stop selling one day tickets... so get there early (my guess around 8 AM or so).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• People move me

What is the cost of Black out day tix normally, Say for anyday other thatn whatever is happening on the 17th. Just curious. Also what is the importance of the 17th? is that the official 50th celebration day ??? Sorry for the questions but was wondering, Thanx
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

• Defeats the Huns

I have the answer! Actually, the Disney portal has the answer for you. Here's the spiel that we're giving regarding Blockout Tickets:

We anticipate that due to the launch of our 50th anniversary celebration that our Theme Parks will be extremely popular with our Guests. Therefore it may become necessary to stop admitting Guests into Disneyland park/Disney's California Adventure park. For this reason, we are unable to guarantee the availability of a Blockout Day Ticket offering on July 17, 2005. We understand that this may cause you some disappointment and inconvenience; however, the comfort and well being of all of our Guests is extremely important to us. We encourage you to arrive at the Resort early in the day.

• Defeats the Huns

The Blockout Ticket will be the same as any other day: $30

I forgot to mention that I will be in line at the security checkpoint (east side) between 3 and 4 am.

Will getting there that early practically guarantee me getting a blackout ticket?(if they even sell them, that is)

• Defeats the Huns

Actually, I have an answer to this too... but I'm not sure if you're like it:

Guest who wish to arrive early inthe day are welcome to do so. The Pumbaa Parking Lot will be open for those Guests who wish to arrive early. Guest will not be permitted to "camp out."
    So i guess you'll be confined to that lot until they deem it time for you to move on to the Main Esplanade.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Actually, I have an answer to this too... but I'm not sure if you're like it:

So i guess you'll be confined to that lot until they deem it time for you to move on to the Main Esplanade.

I'm getting dropped off and we were planning on waiting at the security checkpoints til they open the main esplanade at 7am.

• Banned User

you know what will happen.. enough people will camp outside the check point they will give up and keep you blocked there.. lol

oh and i love how they mention DCA.. like that park will close due to capacity... lol not untill they figure out what is wrong..

• Rainicorn.

"We can't give you black out tickets, but go to DCA today!"

I have a feeling that will happen.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    "We can't give you black out tickets, but go to DCA today!"

I have a feeling that will happen.
    not funny

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    I'm getting dropped off and we were planning on waiting at the security checkpoints til they open the main esplanade at 7am.
    Sounds like you have it down. We will see you there!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote from this week's cast reference guide:

Q: Will blockout day tickets be available to Annual Passholders wishing to visit the Resort on July 17?
    A: Due to anticipated attendance, we are unable to guarantee the availability of Blockout Day tickets on July 17. We encourage Guests to arrive at the Resort early in the day.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I am NOT a CM, but I know a few of them... the latest CM reference guide talks about the Blockout Pass...

They are only available on the day of use, and that they will no longer be offered if they stop selling one day tickets... so get there early (my guess around 8 AM or so).
    That's exactly what my wife (CM at Main gate) says too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.