Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool bars around Disneyland

We're having a "girls weekend" next week and I was wondering about bars/ fun places to hang out walking distance from candy cane inn. Is there anywhere good to go besides downtown Disney and the Disneyland hotels? We don't want to worry about a cab or driving and it's only a couple of nights so not really worth leaving the immediate area. Anywhere nearby CM's hang out?

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Re: Cool bars around Disneyland

Uva Bar in downtown Disney - It is outside and you can people watch.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

It's not walking distance (I mean it could be... like a mile-ish) but it's a great bar and you would get a good deal on a cab, Good Ol' Boys on Katella between Nutwood and Euclid. It's a dive, but the shots are cheap, beers are cheap, fun environment, there's pool, table shuffleboard, darts, dancing, depending on the night karoke... it's fun. I've seen people I recognize from the resorts there... but usually when I am there I'm in the process of having "fun" so I don't really notice people other than in my group.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Uva Bar is great and you can be loud since it's outside... well loud enough. The ESPN Zone bar is fun to watch people get messed up at... pretty much any bar you can find in Downtown Disney is within walking distance. I know of a few bars outside of the area, but I don't think that will help you.

Have a great time!!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The Lost Bar at the Disneyland Hotel.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Red Face Re: Cool bars around Disneyland

I like the Cove Bar (to people watch) at DCA and the Hearth Stone (to kick off my shoes and unwind) in the Grand. Not to mention that the bar backs are generous pourers.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

There is a small bar next to the Candy Cane in the Desert Palms hotel, I think it is called the Sand Box.

The Radisson on the oppisite corner (South East) of Katella and Harbor also has a dedicated bar in its lobby.

Those are the two closest until Garden Walk opens.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I really like the Cove Bar....try their Patron Pomarita!

• Family Man

Quote Originally Posted by luckyamber View Post
    We're having a "girls weekend" next week and I was wondering about bars/ fun places to hang out walking distance from candy cane inn. Is there anywhere good to go besides downtown Disney and the Disneyland hotels? We don't want to worry about a cab or driving and it's only a couple of nights so not really worth leaving the immediate area. Anywhere nearby CM's hang out?
    You have so very many really nice and different choices at the Disney Hotels and DTD, that it would not make much sence to go "off property" as you had asked. Every single one that has been mentioned is in such close proximaty of each other you can easily "bar hop" and experience more than one place.

Why are you interested in "off property" places more than "on property" may I ask?

• Canon DSLR Professional

1900 West Katella Avenue. Oops sorry wrong bars, this is the County Jail.
    Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
    OOPS.....

• Producer Extraordinaire

stick to dtd, the cove bar, and the lost bar in the disneyland hotel. i've seen some bad stuff go down in the local bars. they don't call it anaslime for nothing haha. i just checked the House of Blues in DTD and they have a live blues band sat nights. http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues...ockintheblues/

the doll hut is cool if you're punk rock, it's up lincoln a ways, kinda historic, kinda walking distance, total dive. if you're going to splurge on a taxi, you might as well head up harbor blvd. a few minutes to fullerton. there's stadium, back alley, front street, the alley, branigans, revolucion, the rockin taco, zing's, plush, florentine's, club tuscany, stubrick's, the slide bar, the brand new bar that's way too nice next door to slide bar, the continental room and heroes all on the same intersection (harbor and commonwealth). plus, if you run into me, i'll totally buy you a drink haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rmarino74 View Post
    You have so very many really nice and different choices at the Disney Hotels and DTD, that it would not make much sence to go "off property" as you had asked. Every single one that has been mentioned is in such close proximaty of each other you can easily "bar hop" and experience more than one place.

Why are you interested in "off property" places more than "on property" may I ask?
    I've hung out at the Disneyland on property bars before and just wanted to get a less touristy experience. (Even though I am a tourist) We wanted to meet some nice local people and not pay a ton for our drinks. (and maybe get some nice local boys to buy us some of those drinks)

• For old time sake

Lost Bar
    Uva Bar

My favorites
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    I really like the Cove Bar....try their Patron Pomarita!
    When I read this/skimming through the thread I read it like "I really like bars..." and I just started cracking up...

I'm sorry I'm weird and loopy.

Hahaha....well I DO like bars!

I actually live above a nice little jazz, wine and saki bar in San Francisco...I mean what's not to like?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast