Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Why don't you guys want to Boo Eisner on the 17th?

Booing just shows immaturity and lack of class. It disrupts others' ability to enjoy the day. Personally, I'll be joining the group of silent people. Booing is disrespectful to all around you and to Disneyland in particular.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Malcon10t: Booing just shows immaturity and lack of class. It disrupts others' ability to enjoy the day. Personally, I'll be joining the group of silent people. Booing is disrespectful to all around you and to Disneyland in particular.

Well, no one is booing or disrespecting Disneyland, everyone loves Disneyland. We are booing Eisner and only Eisner, he's the main person that deserves it.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    Booing just shows immaturity and lack of class. It disrupts others' ability to enjoy the day. Personally, I'll be joining the group of silent people. Booing is disrespectful to all around you and to Disneyland in particular.
    Booing
    A sound uttered to show contempt, scorn, or disapproval.
    Informal. Any sound or word: You never said boo to me about overtime.

interj.
    Used to express contempt, scorn, or disapproval or to frighten or surprise another.

No where does it show immaturity?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    Eisner called Disneyland Cast Members "trained monkeys". Isn't that disrespectful to Disneyland, Walt, and the Cast Members?

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Grow up please.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    Grow up please.
    How ironic that you should grow up in a place that brings out your inner child!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

So do you guys think that all the students booing Arnold Shwatrzenagger is rude and immature too. Well it's not, becuase Arnold took all the money way from our colleges and hasnt gave it back. He is destroying schools and education all over California, my school almost lost it's very helpful summer bridge program becuase of him. All the students boo this man, do you think that's immature. No, it's not. This man deserves it, he is just like Michael Eisner, they are only in it for the money. He is destroying California Education just like Eisner Eisner is destoying the Disney compay. I am going to boo Eisner, as well as Eisner on the 17th, if you dont like like it, well, too bad, but as far as I know, booing is not rude or immmature, there both gonna get what's comin to them and they deserve it %100.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Thumbs down Bad Show

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    I express myself whenever I can
    Maybe that's the problem. You guy's that want to boo can't seem to control your emotions.

Look, the guy is leaving. Isn't that good enough for you. Why do you feel it's necessary to ALWAYS express yourselves, regardless of the situation?
    Did it EVER occur to you that going out of your way to muscle your way into the plaza just so you can boo Eisner is going to ruin the moment for many people who are there to celebrate Disneylands 50th anniversary.

But you don't care. Making sure that you "express yourselves" is so much more important then allowing others to enjoy themselves. I have a name for people like that... toddlers!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Sock Puppet

Now you really got to wonder if this thread is helping anybody at all? All it is doing is seperating the people who like to boo or express themselves from those who would rather stay silent and consider booing a form of immaturity like myself. But is there any point in argueing the point any further, there is some who will boo and some who will not. And I don't think either group will change their minds especially all of the attacks made from both sides. So is there any point to debating this any further?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    How ironic that you should grow up in a place that brings out your inner child!

tee hee hee

The Peter Pan in me NEEDS to boo Eisner!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    This is ridiculous. There are so many things that can go wrong at Disneyland on the 50th. The crowds will be huge, people will be arguing and fighting as a result. The firworks will be impossible to see. Lines for attractions will be long. Bratty annoying kids will be cry and whine. Teenagers will be causing trouble. Rides could shut down...
    So because the place is going to be miserable it's ok to make it more so
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

>>This was never about who wins or loses. This is about people showing displeasure with Eisner. If you don't like booing, great. But don't ridicule others. I wouldn't call you immature if you chose to applaud him. I want the same courtesy.<<

My exact same sentiment.

While we are having an intelligent discussion on this .......
    There are LOTS of other people who don't join in on these Disney fan internet boards who will be there on the 17th.

A bit of warning - Be ready for booing by a heck of a lot others.

BE PREPARED FOR IT.

Even though some here make some good points ... you can't deny raw emotion.

And you can't deny Eisner HAS made a major arss of himself not just in the eye of us hardcore fans who visit internet discussion boards .. but in the eyes of the financial community, (ie - stockholders). His failing leadership has been heavily in headlines of major media sources, for a few years now! The word is out on him in main stream society .. and not just us "underground" groups in these forums.

So ... when complete strangers who have nothing to do with these forums (Laughingplace, Micechat, Mouseinfo, Mouseplanet, [Link to unauthorized site removed],Jim Hill, etc) .. decide to let Eisner have it ........

Do yourselves the favor .. and instead of heckling or snickering to those who decide to "boo" Eisner ... just roll your eyes .. as the moment will pass quickly.

I guess the main thing I'm trying to get across here is ... Expect it. And then quickly forget about it .. and get on with your lovely day in Walt's Magic Kingdom.

Maybe some here will decide to be silent (me) ..... but when a loud "boo" goes off (much louder than May 5th) .... I think the best way to get through the moment is just say to ourselves ........ "Well, we knew this was coming .. and now lets get back to the celebrations of the park, and forget Eisner was ever there."

Just be ready ... as the park will have descending upon it .. the most loyal fans .. more so than the ones who showed up on May 5th.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

If clapping brings a fairy back to life, I don't want to take any chances with Eisner.

• me

Last edited by disNeytEen; 07-04-2005 at 02:05 PM.
    help save Uncle Walts legacy!!

"God created man becuase he was dissapointed in the monkey"-Mark Twain

• Puppy Cuddles

Am I the only one who sees the pointlessness of this discussion? Okay, maybe me and Escape. People will boo. There's nothing you can do about it and they're never going to see why you think it's wrong. And to the other half of this thread, people are going to call you immature for booing no matter what your reasons are. They are never going to understand why you feel that way.

And you can't control your emotions....that is the most unreasonable argument I've ever heard. I doubt seriously this is a control issue. If you're going to discuss this, then discuss it, but I don't think that calling someone Anakin Skywalker is helping anyone's argument.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast