Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• me

Re: Why don't you guys want to Boo Eisner on the 17th?

Oh come on we all now the truth when we are in the crowds that day we aren't going to have little avatars next to our names or little sigs underneath us nope its just us out there not Escape, or THE BOB, or disNeytEen its just us, and when we hear one guy in the back boo and then another and then another whats saying one of us chimes in just for the hell of it, who gives a rats arse if we start booing he deserves it and if we clap for him he'll think heck i guess i didn't do that bad people still care. NO! He knows the risk of going in public and i personally will catch that Boo bug that day and make him regret taking that risk and then heck im not going to listen to a darn word he says at all!!! if he says anything that is!
    help save Uncle Walts legacy!!

"God created man becuase he was dissapointed in the monkey"-Mark Twain

• Hooterville, USA

Ok for those that want to be silent when they introduce Eisner, I say yea. You are now expressing yourself. I won't call you wrong or immature. So how is that any different than booing . How is that immature and the silent treatment isn't? That seems to be the problem here. I love all MiceChatters here, but don't label me classless because my expression doesn't coexist with yours. I just have passion for this subject.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

One major point that does need to be understood .........

Eisner did a great job of pulling the company up (1984-1994)...

but .. unfortunately ...... he's done a good job of pulling it back down (1996-2005).

Too bad it wasn't the other way around ......... he could be retiring on a good note.

But because the second and MORE RECENT half of his tenure has some ugly black marks ............ we have a large group of fans who love and care for everything Disney .. and are QUITE UPSET with the main guy who has seemed to lost heart.

WHILE WE HAVEN'T.

• me

Your darn right we haven't lost heart, sure this man did great things, save disney if you will, but he also did many bad things and is retiring on a terrible note, i would never look at this guy as the savior know but as the torturer of the park. And he deserves to be booed, silenced whatever.

But if you have a passion for disney like so many people on this board do then you wont let this man walk without a proper display of your emotions weither you boo or not but to clap and respect this man for his last seconds of fame only means one thing.....you can talk the talk on the boards but you can not walk the walk.........

• Minion

It does strike me so odd ... that Eisner does not let Iger begin taking Center Stage ...

Really ... the new CEO in the works ... taking complete control by the Fall ..just a few short months from now ........ and you'd think Eisner would do the smart thing ... let Iger make a "Grand" (and good impression!!) for the whole Disneyland Going Crowd to see.

You have a major announcement (DL 50th Anniversary date) .... To coincide with ANOTHER major announcement ... as it is not every day a major conglomerate gets a new CEO.

Eisner's ego that huge?

I like the silence idea. Before, during and after. It would speak volumes!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

No one is losing their dignity by doing this. It's not like you havent heard it before. You know this man deserves it. Be silent if you want to but youre not letting your voice be heard, many of you are simply holding in your anger towards Eisner. I say let it out. I mean, I know it's Disneyland, but you cannot let this man come in and try to look good for the 50th anniversary, he is not even Disney blood, he chased Roy out of the picture. If it was me, I would let Roy do the 50th dedication, he deserves it, not Eisner. Please, don't let this man off easy, he doesn't deserve that. Just show him how you feel, be heard.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Puppy Cuddles

Okay, all this talk of silence reminds me of my high school rallies. Our class got extremely screwed and after that we decided that at any and all spirit events where the class is supposed to cheer as one, we all sat in silence. It took a year to organize the 250-300 or so people to sit in silence as one in protest. I would love to see everyone just sit on their hands when Eisner got out there. But look how long it took us to organize, and you want to get 60,000 people who've never met to stand in solidarity. It's not going to happen. But you'd probably get more satisfaction out of it than we did. Even though it showed more solidarity for our entire class to not cheer, than the junior class having a few people cheering loudly, they still won.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• me

^ That right there is the excact thing you sat on your hands and the junior class "won" What if every member booed as loud as they could you would've still won and showed your true emotions silence is just that no noise Eisner hears that everytime he sleeps at night come on booing is loud abnoxious and gets the point across quicker and clearly

• Puppy Cuddles

Actually, part of the reason we got screwed in the first place was because we booed (we were justified and later pardoned, but the ruling stood. Too long to explain the whole story). I just wanted to show that silence isn't really possible. But I do think it would be satisfying.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Several months ago, the annoying actor Tim Robins had a perfect opportunity to spread his left-wing agenda in front of a mass worldwide audience. The Academy Awards. This guy takes every opportunity to spread his liberal message. It’s his right to do so.

When he made his appetence at the Academy Awards he said nothing. Why? Because even he understands that it was inappropriate. Not the place for that kind of thing. And instead he showed class.

I view the events of the 17th sort of the same. It’s clear you could care less about the people around that are trying to have a good time so instead I ask this. Be like Tim Robbins. TRY (and I know it’s hard) to have some class and show respect for the venue. I’m not telling ya’ll what to do, but I’m just saying. TRY.

• me

and while im at it i'll try and act like i like Eisner and try to forget what he has done in his recent years at DLR and while im trying all this why don't you try to block the sounds of my booing coming out of the crowd and we'll all be so happy that we tried

So you are going to disrepect DL just as he did? Sounds pretty selfish..

• me

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead
    So you are going to disrepect DL just as he did? Sounds pretty selfish..
    Disrespect DL, i believe Mr. Eisner has done that enough for all of us don't you?

The only person i will be disrespecting is the only person who deserves the booing and disrespecting that man that has burned dreams, torched imagination, and devoured magic, and if they only way i can hurt this man and seek my revenge is through my booing then hear me BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You know it’s funny. On these very boards over the past few weeks the topic of selfishness has come up in many different areas. From people yelling out the HM spiel in the elevator to the nerve of people of putting their child on there shoulders during the fireworks.

So here we got people complaining about these various selfish things that other people do, and are about to turn around and bring in outside politics (the outside world so to speak) into their beloved park. And commit a very selfish act. Kinda funny.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast