Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Why don't you guys want to Boo Eisner on the 17th?

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    C'mon "The Bob", come over to the dark side. We will accept you with open arms.
    Well, the Gilligan's Island avatar is tempting. But no, I must resist....

• Minion

Well, if you don't mind me saying so ... it seems there's a bit difference between one of Tim's "montras" that goes on for a couple paragraphs .. and single boo that will go on for 10 seconds.

But you know ... He may not show up.

Beleive me ......

people at Disney read this forum stuff.

Maybe they'll make a last minute decision .. and have Iger come instead .. which is what should happen.

But if he does show up ... and he gets booed ...... it ain't going to be just a few here from Miceage who have had the opportunity to engage in this conversation. Really though ... are we going to turn to those people as if every single one of them knew this conversation .. and the points given?

No .. they aren't going to know.

So ... an offense to those around you who will end up booing is not going to help much.

I hope no one minds any of my discussion on all this ..... this is a subject of high interest .... and if I may offer one little tid-bit here .......

just tune out for that brief moment if booing generally makes you upset.

I get the feeling those who "boo" will out number those who don't. Maybe 5 to 1.

So .. I say ....... lets just suck-it-up .... let people boo all they want ....... I don't think it's going to ruin it for anybody ...... except for whatever Eisner tries to say, as it will drown him out. But who cares what he has to say anyway?

We just want to enjoy the rest of whatever ceremonies will take place/other people speaking .. and the rest of our day.

A "boo" to Eisner represents like .00001% of our time there ........ I think we can manage to get past the moment ..... and get back to our wonderful day.

• Sock Puppet

Also as another added thought, wouldn't it be funny if people started booing Eisner and he just turned around flipped them all off? Now that would hilarious in the middle of Disney's 50th.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Zedisdead didn't really make any good points in this thread, wow, lol. All he said was were disrepecting DL over and over again when we werent, Haha, good job Zed. Your points really helped us alot. LOL.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• me

Well, if you don't mind me saying so ... it seems there's a bit difference between one of Tim's "montras" that goes on for a couple paragraphs .. and single boo that will go on for 10 seconds.

But you know ... He may not show up.

Beleive me ......

people at Disney read this forum stuff.

Maybe they'll make a last minute decision .. and have Iger come instead .. which is what should happen.

But if he does show up ... and he gets booed ...... it ain't going to be just a few here from Miceage who have had the opportunity to engage in this conversation. Really though ... are we going to turn to those people as if every single one of them knew this conversation .. and the points given?

No .. they aren't going to know.

So ... an offense to those around you who will end up booing is not going to help much.

I hope no one minds any of my discussion on all this ..... this is a subject of high interest .... and if I may offer one little tid-bit here .......

just tune out for that brief moment if booing generally makes you upset.

I get the feeling those who "boo" will out number those who don't. Maybe 5 to 1.

So .. I say ....... lets just suck-it-up .... let people boo all they want ....... I don't think it's going to ruin it for anybody ...... except for whatever Eisner tries to say, as it will drown him out. But who cares what he has to say anyway?

We just want to enjoy the rest of whatever ceremonies will take place/other people speaking .. and the rest of our day.

A "boo" to Eisner represents like .00001% of our time there ........ I think we can manage to get past the moment ..... and get back to our wonderful day.

and with that close down this thread!
    help save Uncle Walts legacy!!

"God created man becuase he was dissapointed in the monkey"-Mark Twain

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Also as another added thought, wouldn't it be funny if people started booing Eisner and he just turned around flipped them all off? Now that would hilarious in the middle of Disney's 50th.
    Where did they get these writers?
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Minion

Some Basic Etiquette For Audience Members

I think a few reminders of basic manners and civility are required reading for a few of the chatters in here.

When you sit in an audience, you become part of the show. Your reaction to whatever happens on stage gives feedback to the performers. Since the actors can see and hear you, please be kind.

We like to think we've evolved since the sometimes stuffy Victorian era. But their rules for behavior in a theatre can guide us today - unless the performance is a wild and wooly rock concert, wrestling match, The Jerry Springer Show or some sporting event. In that case, you already know what to do.

Eternal Rules

Dress appropriately. Don't wear jeans and a T shirt to a Broadway-type show. "Sunday best" is always appropriate.

Refrain from eating onions or garlic, which will taint your breath. Always carry a mint of some sort.

Be certain to bathe immediately prior to attending the show. Be judicious in the application of cologne or perfume because you will be sitting in close proximity to a sweetheart, a loved one or stranger, all of whom deserve pleasant, but not overwhelming surroundings while they enjoy the entertainment.

If you must pick up your ticket at the theatre prior to performance, give yourself 30 to 45 minutes before the show starts in case there is a long line. Have your method of payment ready so as not to stall the process.

Should you be fortunate enough to receive a complimentary ticket but be unable to use it, give it away or send it back to the theatre so it can be presented to someone else.

Keep your party together and allow the ushers to direct you to the proper seats.
    Be in your seat at least five minutes before the performance begins. Some theatres will not seat latecomers until the interval between acts or intermission.
    Be willing to change seats with others in your party as necessary so everyone can see over the person in front of them.

Attend to the necessities prior to the performance and at intermission. Should you be unable to wait until intermission, leave the auditorium or room as quietly as possible.

Recording a performance in any fashion without permission is always prohibited.
    Total silence, except for an unexpected sneeze or cough is required. Anyone experiencing a coughing or laughing jag should immediately remove themselves to the lobby so as not to cause the loss of a single word of the performance to their neighbors. Should talking become a necessity, it is to be done in the briefest of whispers. Be certain cell phones, pagers and the often forgotten chiming watches are all turned off. Do not make excessive noise with your program.

Completely refrain from singing along with performers – unless you actually hear the words, "Everybody sing."

If eating or drinking is permitted (dinner theatre), do not crunch, slurp or rattle the food, wrapper or silver excessively. Hint - Quickly unwrapping a cellophane candy wrapper is quieter than doing it slowly. The noise level is the same, but the duration is shorter.

If the play is a bore and the songs sung off-key, refrain from booing.

Be well rested when attending the theatre lest you fall asleep and, worse yet, snore.

Enthusiastic applause is appreciated, but going overboard with silly antics detracts from the dignity of the performance.

If you are so moved you want to jump from your seat and stand, wait until the end of the performance unless the entire audience gives a standing ovation during the show.

Don't exit the auditorium while the curtain calls are on going in order to "beat the traffic." It is an affront to the actors.

Most good rules are common sense, but in this day of informality, “the me first attitude, rudeness and just plain ignorance of the rules of civility and good manners, it can be a joy to attend the theatre for a special occasion that requires you to dress and play the part of a dignified audience member.

Happy theatre going!

• me

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Where did they get these writers?
    know that right there that is untolerated i will not be disrespected at this cermony, not me!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Zedisdead didn't really make any good points in this thread, wow, lol. All he said was were disrepecting DL over and over again when we werent, Haha, good job Zed. Your points really helped us alot. LOL.
    Dude, debate, don't ish talk on people when they are away from the computer. And I seriously doubt ANYONE's point would change anyone's mind on this topic. All of us just have different opinions, just a bunch of stubborn people who don't like it when people don't agree with us. Either we are for it or aganst it and nothing will change our thoughts on the topic.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I'm making a snackbar run, anyone want anything?
    What an idiot....

• Puppy Cuddles

Thank god, Tui, I wanted you here four pages ago. Did you bring me a diet coke? Didja, didja, didja?
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• me

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I'm making a snackbar run, anyone want anything?

pick me up a latte, im sure that those have infested theaters already!

• me

Dude, debate, don't ish talk on people when they are away from the computer. And I seriously doubt ANYONE's point would change anyone's mind on this topic. All of us just have different opinions, just a bunch of stubborn people who don't like it when people don't agree with us. Either we are for it or aganst it and nothing will change our thoughts on the topic.
    That is excactly what the crowd is going to be at the cermony and if people boo let them its just a noise directed at a person of dislike its not like im running up to the guy and punchin him in the right arm............or am i??????

• Puppy Cuddles

I think he's already kinda done that to us in interviews lately, at least it's been implied. Oh, wow, I would be so sorry to miss that though. My opinion of him would actually go up a notch if he flipped the crowd off.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Here you guys go. Anyone want a milkdud?
    What an idiot....

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast