Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Why don't you guys want to Boo Eisner on the 17th?

When I'm there, I'm gonna boo the hell out of Eisner. I boo people I do not like and Eisner is at the top of the list. I mean, look at what he has done and you guys can't show the emotion that you feel towards him. Just like when I go to a Dodgers game, I boo whatever team is against the. Whenever I go to a wrestling event, I boo the guy with the totally big ego. I know if yo go to those things to, you would do the same. I dont really know why you guys are afraid to do it. You wont lose any respect, youre just showing him that he has done a terrible job with Disney. I know most of you micechatters do not respect what Eisner has done to the Disney company and Disneyland. So what can you do? BOO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please, You know he deserves it.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Why don't you guys want to Boo Eisner on the 17th?

Regardless of how I feel about Michael Eisner, booing someone in a public forum is impolite.

And since that day is meant to celebrate Disneyland and all of the wonderful things it means to Americans, booing one man who really is small and insignificant compared to what is being celebrated is not only impolite to that one man, but it's impolite to the celebration as a whole.

I won't be booing anyone on July 17th, even if Paul Pressler shows up in a Gap sweatshirt.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

He won't hear me from Minnesota and I'll look like a buffoon booing so loudly for no reason.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Hooterville, USA

We did this thread after the 5-5-05 opening. People are split on booing.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

I'd just get out an iPod with the Imperial March and a set of speakers, go out into the park and play it out loud whenever Eisner came around or I saw him. Of course I'm unable to go to Disneyland that day and do that because I'm too far away.

• Vehicle rotating backward

This is not a rock concert or a professional wrestling event. That's why I'm against booing. It lacks class. Many years ago, people stopped throwing fruit for the same reason.

You want to make a statement without looking like a fool? Organize with everyone you can for silence during the typical applause points. People who are against booing and might otherwise resort to polite applause are more likely to join in, and talking to a graveyard of stone faces is the most difficult thing in the world.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    This is not a rock concert or a professional wrestling event.

I was hoping to see Mickey smack Eisner with a folding chair.

If you can SMEEELLLLL WHAT THE MOUSE IS COOKING!!
    What an idiot....

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    This is not a rock concert or a professional wrestling event. That's why I'm against booing. It lacks class. Many years ago, people stopped throwing fruit for the same reason.

You want to make a statement without looking like a fool? Organize with everyone you can for silence during the typical applause points. People who are against booing and might otherwise resort to polite applause are more likely to join in, and talking to a graveyard of stone faces is the most difficult thing in the world.
    Get your tomatos here. Rotten tomatos for flingin'.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    I'd just get out an iPod with the Imperial March and a set of speakers, go out into the park and play it out loud whenever Eisner came around or I saw him. Of course I'm unable to go to Disneyland that day and do that because I'm too far away.
    that'd be great if TDA helluv plays it as he is marching down main street, followed by storm(management)roopers, and of course his apprentice Darth Iger

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

we should rename him something more sinister like..

Darth FIEND!
    What an idiot....

• done

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    When I'm there, I'm gonna boo the hell out of Eisner. I boo people I do not like and Eisner is at the top of the list.
    So do you randomly go through life just booing people you personally know and dislike?

I think booing in a public situation like that, one that's to CELEBRATE THE PARK, is very immature. Whatever you may feel about Eisner now, there's no denying the good he did for the company. So don't applaud - just don't do anything. Silence is a pretty good indicator of one's feelings as well, and as someone else said, displays much more class.

• Minion

The bands can alternate The Imperial March with The Phony King of England and Hellfire...

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Amen to Cstephens. Eisner didn't do much good (it seems) lately but still, booing him is VERY babyish. Seriously. Maybe you don't like him, but it's not like he's trying to be mean or anything, so give him a break. Don't boo him!

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    I think booing in a public situation like that, one that's to CELEBRATE THE PARK, is very immature. Whatever you may feel about Eisner now, there's no denying the good he did for the company. So don't applaud - just don't do anything. Silence is a pretty good indicator of one's feelings as well, and as someone else said, displays much more class.
    Exactly. I was there on May 5th, and I thought all that booing for Eisner was very impolite, rude, and un-called for. I actually kinda felt bad. I mean, c'mon, Eisner isn't all bad, he did some really good things to the company back in the 90's. If you don't like the people in charge, you don't have to go to Disneyland if you don't want to. Just show some dignity people, or at least stay silent.

• OM NOM NOM

We have already had this discussion, you know. It raised quite a few heckles last time.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast