Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Main Street, Not Disney, Main Street Electrical Parade

They would never remove fantasmic from DL. If they did I would scream, fly over there, and stand in the river!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if DCA is the only themepark to still have the Electrical Parade??? I know TDL has the updated Dreamlights electrical parade, but does DL Paris still have their??? Also is HK DL going to get an electrical parade

Blog Entries

Dl paris has fantillusion, and WDW has spectromagic

~

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

[ silly suggestion, not to be taken seriously ]
    How about marching it through Downtown Disney? I mean, there are points against bringing it back to DL or keeping it in DCA, so here's one in the middle. Or through the parking lot. I don't know.

[ / silly suggestion ]

• Desert Disney Guy

The electrical parade in Tokyo Disneyland is very similar to the original Main Street Electrical - but the floats are a bit larger (seemed larger) and the lights much more intense. The lights are so tight together and bright that they almost hurt the eyes at times. And the parade is so popular that they have a special ticket distribution for people to get a spot to watch it.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Hong Kong Disneyland is getting the other copy of the MSEP.

DL will never get the MSEP, though rumors are slowly surfacing that a new parade will be on the way several years down the road (and, if it's anything like DreamLights or Fantillusion, I would welcome that), but it won't happen until DCA gets its own nighttime show, likely over Paradise Bay. I personally like seeing DEP w/ Paradise Pier's lights in the background...they complement each other well. POD will not leave DL lol...it's the 50th anniversary parade and clearly does not belong at the 4-year old park in the DLR. Moving the MSEP to DL would be an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. It is already horrible trying to find a place for Remember since people stake out a place before the POD...if they moved MSEP back to DL, it would only get worse, so it's absolutely out of the question until Remember concludes its run next year (and, DL reverts, inevitably, to its own version of Wishes).
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    I know they have it in DCA bc no one likes DCA and everyone likes the parade, but shouldnt they put it back where it belongs? It has zer0 to do with cali anyways.....why not swap it w/ the parade of dreams? Why even have it in DCA to begin with other then the crowd likes it so they go to DCA? They might as well take out the castle & space mountain and rebuild space mountain over Screamin' and put the castle over the golden gate bridge.....

BRING THE MSEP TO ITS RIGHTFULL PLACE MAAN!
    It will always be MSEP to me.

That said, I think there is already too much "going on" on Main Street to bring back MSEP. The parade route for Parade of Dreams is pack with 2 showings a day. If they dropped to 1 showing a day during peak season, there would be fist fights over viewing spots.

So, what would you have them do? PoD at 3 and 6, MSEP at 8, Fantasmic! at 8 and 10, and Fireworks at 9:30.

Leaving DCA with Block Party Bash?

Moving MSEP back to DL is just way too much for Main Street. Way too much for Disneyland night-time entertainment. DCA needs a bone, and MSEP is it.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    It will always be MSEP to me.

That said, I think there is already too much "going on" on Main Street to bring back MSEP. The parade route for Parade of Dreams is pack with 2 showings a day. If they dropped to 1 showing a day during peak season, there would be fist fights over viewing spots.

So, what would you have them do? PoD at 3 and 6, MSEP at 8, Fantasmic! at 8 and 10, and Fireworks at 9:30.

Leaving DCA with Block Party Bash?

Moving MSEP back to DL is just way too much for Main Street. Way too much for Disneyland night-time entertainment. DCA needs a bone, and MSEP is it.
    noope i'm talking about DCA swapping Disneyland parade of dreams for MSEP. It would be more of a tribute then parade of dreams is to the 50th

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

noope i'm talking about DCA swapping Disneyland parade of dreams for MSEP. It would be more of a tribute then parade of dreams is to the 50th
    And it has already been stated that that will never happen...PoD is the 50th anniversary parade, and will obviously, therefore, stay at DL. DL is not about to go without a daytime parade.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Keep the parade at DCA and bring back the Pinocchio and Small World units and bring the Swans from TDL! DCA should keep DEP since there is no way of knowing if they'll put DEP back to DL!

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind if DL got a version of fantillusion, that's a very cool parade... I hope when remember ends, they bring a new show, with fireworks all around you like this one, and tinkerbell on her flying mechanism so she can still move around like that... I don't want them to take it away, and leave us with a zip line for tink, and the same old fireworks.... Once we go high tech, we don't go back!

~

• Minion

In regards to the Pinochio, Its A small world, and Swan and the floats from the MSEP that are no longer in use from TDL, Paris, and WDW. Where are they now. Did they dismantle them or are they stowed away in storage. If they are in storage why haven't they brought them back to DCA? I especially miss the Pinnochio Pleasure Island floats along with the music as well as the IASW floats which i vaguely remeber from the late 80's-early 90's.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MSEPForever
    I'm just happy its back in california after a 4-5 year hiatus

Although it is different having it over at DCA...
    I do agree with this statement 100%!!!
    I'm just glad it is back!

Ah! The memories... just hearing the music on my old
    record brings goose bumps!

• Banned User

Well, moving PoD to DCA (I agree it would never happen).... doesn't solve the problem of too much going on at DL at night. Fantasmic! and a fantastic fireworks show that must be seen from the hub to get the full effect..... Add MSEP to that and it would be too much night time activity for DL.

And, as much as I associate the parade with the name "Main Street", there are no aspects of the parade that make it better on Main Street than on the parade coridor at DCA. It isn't like dropping Pirates into Redwood Creek.... It is like dropping a parade onto a parade route, just a different parade route than the one it was originally named after.

MSEP DOES desperately need NEW floats! Right after they add 3-4 more floats to PoD and then turn Block Party Bash into a real parade.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I wouldn't mind if DL got a version of fantillusion, that's a very cool parade... I hope when remember ends, they bring a new show, with fireworks all around you like this one, and tinkerbell on her flying mechanism so she can still move around like that... I don't want them to take it away, and leave us with a zip line for tink, and the same old fireworks.... Once we go high tech, we don't go back!
    I highly dobt they spent all the money on all the new gadgets without expecting to work them into every fireworks show in the future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast