Page 10 of 170 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060110 ... LastLast

• GastlyGrimm

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

im borred lol i wannnna hear myths of ghosts on the hm

• Bats in the Belfry!

I've always wondered what the reasoning was for not bringing back the tombstones. If they screwed something up in the area so that they couldn't be re-installed (not at all likely, I wouldn't think, as the pumpkins have come back), if they lost or (gasp!) broke them in transit someplace, or if they're too lazy/cheap to pay for labor to put them back...though none of those really are viable excuses. There's got to be some reasoning behind it though...right?

-Adam-

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyguitarist View Post
    I've always wondered what the reasoning was for not bringing back the tombstones. If they screwed something up in the area so that they couldn't be re-installed (not at all likely, I wouldn't think, as the pumpkins have come back), if they lost or (gasp!) broke them in transit someplace, or if they're too lazy/cheap to pay for labor to put them back...though none of those really are viable excuses. There's got to be some reasoning behind it though...right?

-Adam-
    I wish they'd bring them back, too. I don't know why they aren't there.... *is sad*
    dreams. come. true.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GastlyGrimm View Post
    im borred lol i wannnna hear myths of ghosts on the hm
    Well there are 999 so it shouldn't be too hard to hear of them.

• Stop That!

I have a question!

Just how many omnimovers fill the length of the track? And does anyone know the distance traveled from loading area to unloading?

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Length
    786 feet
    Ride Time
    8 Minutes
    Speed
    2.8 ft/sec
    Power
    Track is powered by ten 7.5 horsepower drive units
    Cars
    131 Doom Buggies; 2-3 brave souls per Doom Buggie

According to hiddenmickeys.org

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Well there are 999 so it shouldn't be too hard to hear of them.
    *rimshot*

Oh, you.
    dreams. come. true.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Whatever happened to the tombstones on the berm by the que? I allways thought those were cool.
    they were removed when they added fastpass (back when they did not know any better) to the ride before HMH (so don't go blaming it.)

I THINK!
    Last edited by AlexLoup; 07-31-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Okay since we have (in the old thread) talked about Phantom Manor and the HM movie, I thought I should bring this up.

I have the Haunted Hits CD, which has tracks from the movie, Dead Man's Party from Oingo Boingo(spelling) that stuff.

I was listening to the Main Title track from the movie and at the very beginning I heard chimes, wind chimes. Then the the organ for GGG comes up.

Music wise I have connected the wind chimes to PM, not HM.

So... is it possible since (if you listen to the commentaries) the movie references to DL and WDW, (and a bit of TDL) HMs, does it also make a reference to the French Cousin?

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup View Post
    Okay since we have (in the old thread) talked about Phantom Manor and the HM movie, I thought I should bring this up.

I have the Haunted Hits CD, which has tracks from the movie, Dead Man's Party from Oingo Boingo(spelling) that stuff.

I was listening to the Main Title track from the movie and at the very beginning I heard chimes, wind chimes. Then the the organ for GGG comes up.

Music wise I have connected the wind chimes to PM, not HM.

So... is it possible since (if you listen to the commentaries) the movie references to DL and WDW, (and a bit of TDL) HMs, does it also make a reference to the French Cousin?
    Well in the music (I have the CD also, I'm now listening to the score track) I hear a definite reference to PM. And, in my opinion, the music is the best part of the movie. I think the only ref--and this is if you're creatively looking for it--would be that they both involve marriages that an older male interfered in by death. A scary old man. *shudders*
    dreams. come. true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Well in the music (I have the CD also, I'm now listening to the score track) I hear a definite reference to PM. And, in my opinion, the music is the best part of the movie. I think the only ref--and this is if you're creatively looking for it--would be that they both involve marriages that an older male interfered in by death. A scary old man. *shudders*
    Yeah if you are really trying that would work.

It seems sets and background is very much HM, music is PM.

The music to it is lovely, the costumes are wow, the makeup is good...

I just don't like Eddie Murphy in that film. I wanted more Nathaniel Parker, and the ghosts, the family could have died, (not the wife I liked her) and I would have called that a happy ending.

• Inhospitable about happy

I now have good info that the original graveyard queue was removed sometime before 1978. The berm graveyard took its place and was removed for the first HMH in 2001, and did not go back in. Maybe a petty cost-cutting measure, typical of that petty era?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I now have good info that the original graveyard queue was removed sometime before 1978. The berm graveyard took its place and was removed for the first HMH in 2001, and did not go back in. Maybe a petty cost-cutting measure, typical of that petty era?
    I thought the Berm Graveyard was removed for Fastpasses? Or was that afterwards?

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

This is a picture that my sister took with the flash on. With the lighting, it is apparent how dirty the doombuggies are and you can even notice a fan and its cords.

• =)

It seems sets and background is very much HM, music is PM.
    At first glance/listen, yes. If you pay close attention, NO. The sets frequently bear superficial resemblance to their attraction counterparts, but a closer look will make you realize that very few sets are "inspired by" the ride, and nothing more. (The portrait gallery is one excellent exception--it's almost exactly copied from the DL queue.) The music is like PM's soundtrack in that it's orchestral and it uses GGG...but the resemblance stops there. PM's music is wild, passionate, flighty, and it relies on a female voice to symbolize Melanie's importance. Mancina wrote something a score for the movie that is alternately grimmer and more playful. He doesn't use 3/4 meter nearly as much, and his music doesn't take the "decayed elegance" approach that PM does. It focuses more on the creepy aspects of the visuals and the so-called funny aspects of the characters, whereas Debney's score for PM focuses on the twisted romance behind the attraction's story.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: BTW, is anyone else horribly offended by the subpar remix of the overture on the "Haunted Hits" album? The film version uses the choir differently, with surprisingly noticeable (and better!) results. The "Haunted Hits" release also needed the organ statements of GGG. Heck, the score should have been released on its own album, with some of the more repetitive cues omitted.