Page 103 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106113128153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2545

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Wow,

very creepy story BellhopPrincess.

Do things like this add or detract from the mansion for you?

When riding in the stretching room with out the audio effects on you can hear a whining noise. Some say it is the horse ghost from outside pulling the carriage. I didn't believe that, but now I'm thinking its Timmy!

Or it could just be the grinding of the elevator components.

Speaking of which...

Does anyone have any blueprints for it? Maybe we could also determine its relative distance to the carriage outside?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Drum-&-Train View Post
    When riding in the stretching room with out the audio effects on you can hear a whining noise. Some say it is the horse ghost from outside pulling the carriage. I didn't believe that, but now I'm thinking its Timmy!
    The stretch room ghost is named Otis.

On the topic of Timmy, etc., I'm a Fortean. "Science" (and all of its siblings, "rationality," "skepticism," "materialism") can't do anything to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts, since "ghosts" are apparently independent, volitional beings and therefore not predictable. No matter what kind of experimental "trap" you set to catch them, you can always say that they saw it coming and chose not to show up. No matter how irrational their reported behavior (i.e., haunting a big, mechanical, theme park ride when there are so many perfectly usable suicide scenes and battlefields available), you can always respond that we, on our side, can't possibly expect to know why they do what they do.

There are some reports of ghostly manifestations that strike me as credible. Doesn't mean they're true. The reports of the HM being truly haunted (by Timmy or anyone else) strike me as weak. Doesn't mean they're false.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

On the topic of Timmy, etc., I'm a Fortean. "Science" (and all of its siblings, "rationality," "skepticism," "materialism") can't do anything to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts, since "ghosts" are apparently independent, volitional beings and therefore not predictable. No matter what kind of experimental "trap" you set to catch them, you can always say that they saw it coming and chose not to show up. No matter how irrational their reported behavior (i.e., haunting a big, mechanical, theme park ride when there are so many perfectly usable suicide scenes and battlefields available), you can always respond that we, on our side, can't possibly expect to know why they do what they do.

There are some reports of ghostly manifestations that strike me as credible. Doesn't mean they're true. The reports of the HM being truly haunted (by Timmy or anyone else) strike me as weak. Doesn't mean they're false.

Very nice post.

So there is another besides Timmy? :-P

Anyone have a list of of "real" ghosts of the Haunted Mansion?

In all seriousness though...

Lets not touch on the existance of ghosts...that might be too off topic in a Haunted Mansion thead. I would hate to see The Thread 2 shut down on my account.

About this grinding in the elevator though...

Is it the horse, a "ghost" or simply the mechanisms of the elevator?

Anyone with any blueprints or knowledge of the proximity of the area?
    Last edited by Bubbadunne; 02-24-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: to appease the Mods...

• Animatronic

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbadunne View Post

About this grinding in the elevator though...

Is it the horse, a "ghost" or simply the mechanisms of the elevator?

Anyone with any blueprints or knowledge of the proximity of the area?
    I thought that when the elevator audio was off, you could hear the audio track of the carriage outside, which has an invisible horse gag and horsey audio track.

I will say it is most likely the grinding of the elevators. But it has an eerie distinct whiny sound like a horse neighing. I have heard it. It is very faint but not coming from outside. I have rode HM many a times during my lifetime. Not once had I had an "experience" with something other than the attraction effects. I have had experiences before but thats not relevance to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I thought that when the elevator audio was off, you could hear the audio track of the carriage outside, which has an invisible horse gag and horsey audio track.
    Right. This is the rumor.

I was wondering if anyone could get evidence to back this up though.

Proximity of the structures...decibal levels of the carriage audio...etc.

• =)

No way are you hearing the carriage outside. You're 46 or 63 feet away from the carriage when you're in the middles of the two stretching rooms, respectively, in their "up" positions. You then descend 20 feet below ground level. You'd have to be hearing the sound effects through the walls of the elevator, the walls of the foyer, the exterior walls, and the earth itself. Must be the elevator sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2
    Nice. I pride myself in getting that joke.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Nice. I pride myself in getting that joke.
    Hahahahaha I get it. My great great uncle died in an elevator of the same company, and I laugh about going on Tower so much because that's basically how he died (again, same elevator company).
    No, it doesn't really do much to the ride. It's something I've accepted as part of the ride, and as part of my daily life. It's very difficult for me not to go places and feel that there is someone there who very plainly isn't, and it's also difficult for me to prove it to people who don't have these abilities that what I experience is, in fact, real. I often look to the science of it first--am I feeling a strong EMF (there's a few in HM that I know of, where I feel 'watched' and uncomfortable every time I go on, and if it's consistant it's not paranormal), did that sound come from something explainable, etc--but I don't discount anything. It's why I write about the paranormal and about psychics in my novel: yes, it's based on HM, but how Leota is is based on me and part of my personality.
    From my experience, there are four or five spirits in the DL Mansion. One generally in the elevators--you'll know when he's there because no one will stand in that area, and he gets really miffed when the HMH overlay ges in; the old man in the worksuit in the CoD; "Timmy" is really everywhere, though his common spots are next to the coffin and at the end of the exit ramp; a woman, a sad soul who doesn't know where she is or how she got there (I don't generally get information like this but it's been happening more frequently in the past six months) and she's usually in the attic or the balcony above the ballroom; and there is sometimes a playful spirit in the graveyard.
    I know how crazy I sound. I do. But there is nothing I can say to prove it. I have a lot of stories, mostly experiences in my own home, but I won't go into them to conserve posts
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Hahahahaha I get it. My great great uncle died in an elevator of the same company, and I laugh about going on Tower so much because that's basically how he died (again, same elevator company).
    No, it doesn't really do much to the ride. It's something I've accepted as part of the ride, and as part of my daily life. It's very difficult for me not to go places and feel that there is someone there who very plainly isn't, and it's also difficult for me to prove it to people who don't have these abilities that what I experience is, in fact, real. I often look to the science of it first--am I feeling a strong EMF (there's a few in HM that I know of, where I feel 'watched' and uncomfortable every time I go on, and if it's consistant it's not paranormal), did that sound come from something explainable, etc--but I don't discount anything. It's why I write about the paranormal and about psychics in my novel: yes, it's based on HM, but how Leota is is based on me and part of my personality.
    From my experience, there are four or five spirits in the DL Mansion. One generally in the elevators--you'll know when he's there because no one will stand in that area, and he gets really miffed when the HMH overlay ges in; the old man in the worksuit in the CoD; "Timmy" is really everywhere, though his common spots are next to the coffin and at the end of the exit ramp; a woman, a sad soul who doesn't know where she is or how she got there (I don't generally get information like this but it's been happening more frequently in the past six months) and she's usually in the attic or the balcony above the ballroom; and there is sometimes a playful spirit in the graveyard.
    I know how crazy I sound. I do. But there is nothing I can say to prove it. I have a lot of stories, mostly experiences in my own home, but I won't go into them to conserve posts
    Thats cool and is all very interesting. A testament to the charm and intrigue the mansion and all of Disneyland posses. I'm glad to see that the mansion inspires creativity and stimulates the mind of all that visit.

And you don't sound crazy Perse'. I've posted elsewhere my stance on the topic of ghosts, and we won't go there here...but trust me. You don't sound too off the wall.

• Inhospitable about happy

You all definitely want to check out GRD's latest blog, if you haven't done so:

http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.c...name-game.html

You remember that wedding certificate we posted and talked about earlier, the one that told us Constance's full name, as well as the Marquis'?

Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Well, it seems there are certificates for all the others, too. They're in the WDW attic.

Constance Hatchaway married...

Ambrose Harper (1869)
    Frank Banks (1872)
    The Marquis de Doom (1874)
    Reginald Caine (1875)
    George Hightower (1877)

There's a little more info that can be gleaned from the certifs too. Go and read. Nice scoop by GRD.
    Last edited by HBG2; 02-24-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: better linkage

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    You all definitely want to check out GRD's latest blog, if you haven't done so:

http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.c...name-game.html

You remember that wedding certificate we posted and talked about earlier, the one that told us Constance's full name, as well as the Marquis'?

Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Well, it seems there are certificates for all the others, too. They're in the WDW attic.

Constance Hatchaway married...

Ambrose Harper (1869)
    Frank Banks (1872)
    The Marquis de Doom (1874)
    Reginald Caine (1875)
    George Hightower (1877)

There's a little more info that can be gleaned from the certifs too. Go and read. Nice scoop by GRD.
    George Hightower? Any relation to the Mr. Hightower of the Tokyo Tower of Terror?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

I kinda doubt it. George is from Newport Beach, Harrison is from New York City. While both are wealthy, there is no real linking between the two. If there were letters or something addressed from Harrison to George, then yeah, but otherwise, no real link.

• Grumpy old man

That really as an interesting blog post, GRD, thanks. Surprising they used "fake counties" I remember when were discussing the Marquis certificate here we couldn't decide if it was Marin or Monterey county and it ends up being "Money County"