Page 122 of 170 FirstFirst ... 227297112119120121122123124125132147 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2545

• is too darn hot.

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I wonder how true that is of the Indy motion program? Lots of people say it's been toned down considerably, but I've never heard it from a reputable source.
    I don't know about the Indy motion program, but one motion program that's been tampered with is Star Tours. They toned down some of the motion effects because of complaints of nausea... Ironically since the movements don't match exactly with the picture anymore, there have been more complaints of nausea coming off of that ride. Nice going, lawyers.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I don't know about the Indy motion program, but one motion program that's been tampered with is Star Tours. They toned down some of the motion effects because of complaints of nausea... Ironically since the movements don't match exactly with the picture anymore, there have been more complaints of nausea coming off of that ride. Nice going, lawyers.
    A nasty complication arises when the lawyers find that lawyers make people nauseous.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Okay, one of the weirdest Haunted Mansion collectibles of all time has come out: a hitchhiking-ghost-head, "hot wheels"-type toy car. No, I'm not kidding:

http://hauntedmansioncollectibles.bl...rchandise.html

Since it's Ezra they've selected, and since Ezra's head is the same as the Hatbox Ghost, I'm tempted to scratch together some kind of "Hatbox Cars" joke (get it? Hatbox = Matchbox... aw, forget it, it ain't worth it).

I suppose people are going to be looking for these on eeekbay in the future and paying $500 dollars for 'em, but I can't bring myself to buy one. Some things are too campy even for me.

• =)

That's...bizarre.

• Grumpy old man

Those Disney Racers are pretty cool. But then again I'm a Disney fan and a diecast car fan, so I guess I'm a bit bias.

• is too darn hot.

Yeah, the Disney racers are bizarre. They have them for almost any conceivable in park and animated character from Baloo to the Red Power Ranger.

This one seems to suggest that Ezra is a motor mouth. What crap! I've never heard him say a word.

• is too darn hot.

You'd prefer Gus?

Ball and chain bouncing along behind? Sounds dangerous.

• =)

Phineas might get better miles per gallon--I hear ectoplasm is an especially efficient fuel.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The urban legends about the HM being scarier at the beginning and then toned-down are just that: urban legends. They are entirely false. Take it from someone who rode it when it was brand new.

There are seven pop-ups in the graveyard, they've always been there, and they are pretty much the same as they've always been. There used to be five pop-ups in the attic, all gone since Constance moved in (May '06). About 1:46 into this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFlBHfMd5vU) you can see them working on one of the graveyard pop-ups, and that'll give you a good idea of their original speed. Sometimes they get pretty sluggish and need servicing. The blast-ups (a different design for a pop-up) were quicker. Two of the five in the original DL attic were blast-ups, and there is still one in the DL graveyard (in front of the teaparty, coming out of the same tomb as the wine-glass arm). About 10:15 into this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E60nt-_f6Sw) you can see one of the original attic blast-ups. You can also see a sluggish, regular pop-up shortly after.

As for the swooping effect you describe, it sounds like nothing I've ever heard of.
    Are you talking about Disneyland? I remember only one pop up in the graveyard at WDW's HM.

• is too darn hot.

This thread is generally concerned with the DL Haunted Mansion and it's generally safe to assume that unless stated otherwise, it is Disneyland and not the Magic Kingdom or any other park's Haunted Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Are you talking about Disneyland? I remember only one pop up in the graveyard at WDW's HM.
    WDW has always had the same set of pop-ups in its graveyard as DL. You can see them on 1970 blueprints and they're still there today. The main difference at this point is that WDW has a regular pneumatic-rod pop-up in front of the teaparty, where DL has a blast-up (the last one in existence, as far as I know). I don't know if WDW ever had blast-ups in its graveyard. It once had them in its attic (GRD has one of the WDW attic blast-up heads in his personal collection!).

Anyway, no, there's never been a time when a single pop-up was all there was, in any HM.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Okay, one of the weirdest Haunted Mansion collectibles of all time has come out: a hitchhiking-ghost-head, "hot wheels"-type toy car. No, I'm not kidding:

http://hauntedmansioncollectibles.bl...rchandise.html

Since it's Ezra they've selected, and since Ezra's head is the same as the Hatbox Ghost, I'm tempted to scratch together some kind of "Hatbox Cars" joke (get it? Hatbox = Matchbox... aw, forget it, it ain't worth it).

I suppose people are going to be looking for these on eeekbay in the future and paying $500 dollars for 'em, but I can't bring myself to buy one. Some things are too campy even for me.
    Looks like something from "The Groovey Goolies" or even "The Wacky Races" (both shows are now on DVD BTW). Do they sell them at Disneyland? I'm going in a couple weeks & would love to snag one myself. I assume they'll be in the Autotopia area...
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• =)

GRD has one of the WDW attic blast-up heads in his personal collection!