Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst 12345122752102 ... LastLast

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

How did I miss the other thread?

I love that sign so I hope they don't take it out but last time I checked Disney did not care what I think!
    Foolish Mortal

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Question about intellectual property...
    I noticed a recent blog from GRD that measurements of a tombstone were obscured to offset any complaint by Disney. These blueprints can be commonly found, so why the caution? Also, I came across a website selling replicas of practically everything in the Mansion, castings of plaques, stanchions, following busts, wallpaper, full size animatronics of the HHGs and the Caretaker, etc. and all at SUPER expensive prices. Wouldn't such a thing be a violation of Disney's intellectual property? I presume that "potential violation of Disney's intellectual property" would also be the reason no one has made a Demon Eyes wallpaper commercially available.
    I'll let GRD answer that one, if he's so inclined. I think that Disney looks at things on a case-by-case basis: Is it really worth it to go after this guy over here for copyright violation? Will it be bad publicity to go after that guy over there? There are lots of things out there that are technically illegal that the Mouse doesn't seem to bother with.

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    How did I miss the other thread?
    How indeed. You got some readin' to do, now.

• =)

Needless to say, I'm very happy to see The Thread return with a vengeance, and I'm hoping to be more active in its latest incarnation than I was in the first.

I just rode HM yesterday (I love being able to say that! ), and there's no hint of the exit sign. I don't remember exactly where that sign used to be in the exit area--one of you told me it was on a wall protruding from the end of the HHG crypt, and that wall was removed for accessibility. My memory of the sign seemed to be of it being on the wall at the top of the ramp, just before you turn right and then left and exit the crypt. Anyway, the area didn't seem any different to me, though I hadn't ridden HM in two years, so I could be wrong.

As I said before, I'm a bit indifferent about whether or not the sign returns. It always struck me as a little bit out of place, so things feel a little more cohesive now...but the sentimental value of the sign makes me want it back. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I don't remember exactly where that sign used to be in the exit area--one of you told me it was on a wall protruding from the end of the HHG crypt, and that wall was removed for accessibility. My memory of the sign seemed to be of it being on the wall at the top of the ramp, just before you turn right and then left and exit the crypt.
    It was on the inside of this little, extending wall:

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It was on the inside of this little, extending wall:

What is your pic from?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup View Post
    What is your pic from?
    http://www.grimghosts.com/secrets/SClayout.html

HBG2 thanks for continuing the thread! I love reading it! A wealth of knowledge you have!

• Genteel Amphibian

I'm glad to see "the thread" is back in the land of the living...

A little note on the "Witch of Walpurgis" Portrait:

I was looking around on Wikipedia and found this article it seems the name Walpurgis is derived from Walpurgisnacht (witches' night) which is celebrated in Germany and many other European countries... anyways here is the link to the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpurgis_Night
    Last edited by J Thaddeus Toad Esq; 07-29-2007 at 02:38 PM.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Question about intellectual property...
    I noticed a recent blog from GRD that measurements of a tombstone were obscured to offset any complaint by Disney. These blueprints can be commonly found, so why the caution? Also, I came across a website selling replicas of practically everything in the Mansion, castings of plaques, stanchions, following busts, wallpaper, full size animatronics of the HHGs and the Caretaker, etc. and all at SUPER expensive prices. Wouldn't such a thing be a violation of Disney's intellectual property? I presume that "potential violation of Disney's intellectual property" would also be the reason no one has made a Demon Eyes wallpaper commercially available.
    Ahhhh... so that was you who left that comment in my blog...

Anywho, heres the deal. A lot of the stuff that is sent to me is sent under certain stipulations. The person who sent me the scans of the blueprints, I won't say who they are in Disney, asked that I try and remove dimensions as much as possible from the prints that they had sent. A lot of the times with the artwork I post, I am also asked to change things up a bit. I was also asked never to post information about how to get places backstage at the mansion. Not only is it good to keep that for the security of CM's and the property, I think a lot of CM's would be upset with me if I did. Its best to be safe than sorry.

As for that website... Note that a lot of the items are just photoshopped pics. Not real items. There is also the disclaimer about how there is artistic liscence and what you see isn't exactly what you would get... Buyer beware.

Greetings,

I only recently discovered the "old" thread, and read through the whole thing in a few days, when time permitted. Awesome stuff, and I'm particularly impressed by the lack of bickering. In fact, I generally avoided forums such as these, as I have little patience for such nitpicking.

Anyway, I've got a question. Does anyone have any interior shots of the facade of the WDW mansion? The front door probably doesn't open, but there must be a way into there, as I'm sure they must have to maintain the "floating candle" gimmick. I've heard it's nothing special, but I've always been curious.

Thanks!

Yikes....did I kill the thread with my very first post??

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Congrats on joining Micechat!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The only thing that could kill this thread is a Wooden Stake, Silver Bullet and a bucket of holy water.

Welcome to MiceChat Tt!

Chad

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Got some trivia for you all.

How many candles are there in DL's stretching room?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Shot in the dark, but 12?