Page 23 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526334873123 ... LastLast

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Thanks! I was never doubting you, I was just wanted to make sure that we weren't overlooking something. I knew you'd have evidence!
    No need for the apologetic tone! I thought it was a good question, and I have a lot of fun digging for evidence. You find interesting things along the way. For example, here's another photo of the ballroom, in this case a press photo that probably precedes opening day in 1969. It, too, shows the coffin.

But notice also that Pickwick is hatless. I notice that he's also hatless in Collin Campbell's artwork for the "Story and Song" album:

This is curious because Pickwick has his familiar hat in Marc Davis's original concept art, and Campbell generally follows the Davis artwork closely in his paintings for "Story and Song."

The press photo shows that not long before the August opening they decided Pickwick looked better without a hat, but then they changed their minds and went back to Davis's original costuming. He had his hat back on by the time the HM opened, as this photo shows:

I'm always surprised at how fluid things were, right up to the last minute.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Funny story about the hearse doors. The fronts of them have 3D elements, like molding around the glass, and even 3D door knobs... the back however...... plywood with duct tape holding the glass in... LOL

• A Honorary Autobot

But, isn't that like most of the mansion? Heck, your most recent blog proves that! (Which, by the way, is an awesome weekly ritual of mine. Keep up the good work!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    But, isn't that like most of the mansion? Heck, your most recent blog proves that!
    Probably why it's on his mind!

"Behind the scenes at the Haunted Mansion." Sounds so exotic, so...romantic, even. About as atmospheric as a two-by-four.

• A Honorary Autobot

Some people like hanging around plywood and trusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Some people like hanging around plywood and trusses.
    True.

• A Honorary Autobot

Wocka-wocka-wocka!

Pretty exciting eh!?

Oh, on the back of the hearse is a small tag. Its a tag for WED stating that this hearse is to be delivered to WDW HM - Ballroom.

Which, by the way, is an awesome weekly ritual of mine. Keep up the good work!
    Woo! Its good to hear that stuff. Before I put up the counter on my blog, I really didn't think that many people read it. But if you click my counter, you can see that the current number on there is only from May. Guess I'll have to keep working on it then.
    Last edited by GRD999; 08-15-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added quote

^ *Faints*

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Those pics were cool! Something I don't see every day. But I'm gonna have a 'Cat-like' moment and point out....
    Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    the orbs!!! Hahaha no it looks like dust, most of them anyway. That one with the trail, I dunno.....

I know, I keep talking about actual ghosts and then my story...can you guess what's drawing my attention seperate from the Thread [2]?? When someone who isn't there knocks on your door at two in the morning, you start thinking a lot about other things....

GRD, I really need to start frequenting your blog. There's some cool stuff, I'm just not there often enough
    dreams. come. true.

Whats kind of interesting is if you look at the Hearse photo, you can see the trail where CMs and such walk through on the other side of the hearse. The rest is just coated with dust.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Those pics were cool! Something I don't see every day. But I'm gonna have a 'Cat-like' moment and point out....

the orbs!!! Hahaha no it looks like dust, most of them anyway. That one with the trail, I dunno.....

I know, I keep talking about actual ghosts and then my story...can you guess what's drawing my attention seperate from the Thread [2]?? When someone who isn't there knocks on your door at two in the morning, you start thinking a lot about other things....

GRD, I really need to start frequenting your blog. There's some cool stuff, I'm just not there often enough
    Orbs = ghosts of dead bowling balls.

Bellhop, I normally don't care much about fanfics, but one character that intrigues me is Phineas P. Pock. He's the far right singing bust:

(<-- DaddyB)

Phineas Pock once had a headstone in the front queue, the only one that wasn't a sly tribute to an actual Imagineer:

He is the purported author of this book:

And he's interviewed in one of the old 1969 radio ads. Plus, I love the name. It's fun to say, especially when you're mad. Any storyline that could stitch all these elements together convincingly would be fun to read, I must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Whats kind of interesting is if you look at the Hearse photo, you can see the trail where CMs and such walk through on the other side of the hearse. The rest is just coated with dust.
    GRD, does your DL effects blueprint show the ballroom hearse like my blueprint or like the actual set-up?

I'll look for my copy. Then I'll get back to ya.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Orbs = ghosts of dead bowling balls.

Bellhop, I normally don't care much about fanfics, but one character that intrigues me is Phineas P. Pock. He's the far right singing bust:

(<-- DaddyB)

Phineas Pock once had a headstone in the front queue, the only one that wasn't a sly tribute to an actual Imagineer:

He is the purported author of this book:

And he's interviewed in one of the old 1969 radio ads. Plus, I love the name. It's fun to say, especially when you're mad. Any storyline that could stitch all these elements together convincingly would be fun to read, I must admit.
    Well, I have intertwined the lives of (at current count, and mind you almost all of these people have names) 34 of the Mansion's residents....I'm pulling in a LOT of refrences to the ride, though I have taken some liberties also, and I've written a good three biographies that aren't even important to the plot other than characterization (to be shown in flashbacks). My story isn't really a fanfiction aside from the fact that I using a few preestablished characters resulting roughly in what the Mansion is. I haven't even started on my first draft yet, I'm still outlining and doing research....
    Phineas is in it, but Phineas Pock is also reportedly the name of the Hitchhiking Ghost with the carpet bag. Not a terribly major character but present, as are the singing busts, and the other hitchhiking ghosts. And all the portraits. And a bunch of ballroom people. And all the people who represent them at least die in relation to the Mansion character.
    I've got pretty much everyone recognizable present, if only in backstory. This isn't just something I've decided to write on a whim, I've been working on the plot for about two years now. I have honestly put more thought into this than any other creative endeavor I have ever undertaken. I'm sorry if my chatter about it annoys you--and I'm not attacking you, HBG, I just read that statement and it sounded more harsh than I meant it--but I'm really proud of it, and extremely dedicated to finishing it.
    That ended up WAY longer than I meant for it to be. Thanks HBG for the tibit on the magic book, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    dreams. come. true.