Page 4 of 170 FirstFirst 1234567142954104 ... LastLast

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

47?! Jeez, she's up there with Liz Taylor! He-he! How'd ya figure out the 47 weddings? Did I miss something?
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

nah I just threw that number out there, its really 4 or 5

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I don't think they're pirates. Two of them are wearing old-fashioned military uniforms, but they're not pirate outfits.
    I think HB's got the right idea here--tri-corn hats do not a pirate make.
    Oh, and doombuggy driver, Constance has five husbands
    ..and one suitor??

HBG2, having trolled the original thread, I figured if anyone could help me with my facade question, it would be you. Any thoughts?

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    *Please insert Mormon joke here*
    I have nothing against the Latter Day Saints, they just have a bad history.

Though I don't know if remarrying is poligomy.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Ttubretep View Post
    HBG2, having trolled the original thread, I figured if anyone could help me with my facade question, it would be you. Any thoughts?
    Sorry, I don't know about any interior shots of the WDW facade. Maybe GRD knows about some.

Swab is right: She's had five husbands, and one "suitor."

• Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    EDIT: Speaking of Pirates--I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I never saw it, so...does anyone else find it amusing that Disney changed POTC to better reflect its wildly popular film spinoffs, but changed HM so that it deviates even further from its not-too-popular film spinoff? Constance's murderous insanity is not even remotely similar to the movie's plot involving a racist white butler with amazing cheekbones killing his master's would-be black fiance in order to avoid interracial marriage. Then again, the changes to Pirates don't so much line up with the movies as they give Depp fans a chance to swoon.
    Not sure I would find it amusing, the thought is terrifying. It was my understanding that plans were in the works had the movie done better. The Leota character in the films voice was to replace the current voice. Thank goodness it didn't do better at the box office.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I've only been checking subscribed threads for the past couple days, and I panicked at seeing that The Thread had been resurrected and I missed it!!!

Since it is technically just speculation, wouldn't it really just be the five husbands? I mean, unless you are using the term "attic bride" to cover any bride that has resided in the attic? I'm just confused as to how saying 'five husbands and one suitor' is correct due to only five wedding portraits and no man other than the shadow pianist with her in the attic.

On a completely unrelated topic, I have a habit of making large icons when I get extremely bored. Does anyone have any good HM art (I'm looking at you, GRD) that I could use to make some avies? I will gladly share any icons I make with anyone who wants them (and if you want to see my other stuff, just ask).
    dreams. come. true.

• Minion

so does anyone know if there is an actual storyline for the mansion as a whole or is there like 6 intertwined leaving me clueless and confused? i remember on the first thread someone made up a story and it soudned ok, something abouut the owners dying leaving it to the servant boy or something and he got it and after witnessing murders after murders he would paint creepy stuff and began to build all the wacko stuff in the mansion and he would never leave the home, and then he married constance? i really cant remember the story that well.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    so does anyone know if there is an actual storyline for the mansion as a whole or is there like 6 intertwined leaving me clueless and confused? i remember on the first thread someone made up a story and it soudned ok, something abouut the owners dying leaving it to the servant boy or something and he got it and after witnessing murders after murders he would paint creepy stuff and began to build all the wacko stuff in the mansion and he would never leave the home, and then he married constance? i really cant remember the story that well.
    MY story is the actual story!!!!
    I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm not that original.
    I don't remember that story....maybe it was from that period of time when I wasn't posting.....But I haven't heard that version before.
    dreams. come. true.

• Minion

i probly got it way wrong lol but is there an actual story?

Based on Jason Surrell's book, and Chef Mayhem's website, I've come to the following conclusion:

The ten-peso version is that the Mansion was originally an amalgamation of gags and scenes cooked up by a variety of Imagineers. Various storylines and themes were suggested (the sea captain and his bride, etc.), and in the end, the elements and characters that have become familiar with us were plucked from these themes and lumped together, with no real story to unify them, aside from the narration. This accounts for what some people consider a sense of inconsistency in the theme and feel of the ride.

Since then, lots of people have found "evidence" of an intentional theme, but these have more or less either been A) leftover elements from discarded themes, or B) coincidence. Of course, that was before HMH and Constance showed up, which altered things considerably.

Which isn't to say that it isn't fun to look for "clues" in the details! I'm just of the opinion that some people see certain possible interpretations as being the only possible explanation.

Anyway, being nothing resembling an expert on the matter, I'll not attempt to claim absolute knowledge of such things, and the latter half of my little rant is certainly intended as opinion, and nothing more. Just my two cents...or ten pesos!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Technically, the house as a whole there is no plot. It's just fans gave it a plot to tie in all the ghost. Constance I think is the only one with a true plot.

• Minion

quick question, is the host the guy who died in the portrait gallery or the crow, or did he come back as a crow or raven or w/e or was the raven/crow originally going to be the host but imagineers changed there minds?

also whats the problem with constance?

ay i guess i have alot of questions.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

quick question, is the host the guy who died in the portrait gallery or the crow, or did he come back as a crow or raven or w/e or was the raven/crow originally going to be the host but imagineers changed there minds?
    The raven was supposed to be talking. The ghost host I think (I know it was said somewhere) is the guy swinging from the noose. You can see a picture of him in the hallway later.

also whats the problem with constance?
    What do you mean?

ay i guess i have alot of questions.
    That's what the thread is for, you might want to check our lovely Index that we put HB has put up .