Page 5 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

I swore this has already been answered in the first thread

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    quick question, is the host the guy who died in the portrait gallery or the crow, or did he come back as a crow or raven or w/e or was the raven/crow originally going to be the host but imagineers changed there minds?

also whats the problem with constance?

ay i guess i have alot of questions.
    The crow and the hanging fella, I believe, are elements from different plot ideas. One vision of the ride's story had the crow or raven being the narrator, but I don't believe that had anything to do with the hanged man in the gallery scene. I'd be willing to bet that, when conceived, the hanging man gag wasn't particularly intended to be the ghost host, and that that decision was made after it was decided which gags would be included in the ride.

I can't say for sure, but it would seem to make sense, given the way the elements were put together.

• Minion

does constance mess things up for people? or is it a nice addition? just wondering because to me its cool except i miss the ghosts coming out of the little boxes but i dont remember the hat box ghost.

• Minion

oh ok thanks for answering my questions so fast!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    I swore this has already been answered in the first thread

I think so too.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Since it is technically just speculation, wouldn't it really just be the five husbands? I mean, unless you are using the term "attic bride" to cover any bride that has resided in the attic? I'm just confused as to how saying 'five husbands and one suitor' is correct due to only five wedding portraits and no man other than the shadow pianist with her in the attic.
    One reason why I added the question mark in my original post. The HBG is 'officially' named as the suitor of the "Mansion's Bride", though he is now removed from the attraction. The Bride is not specifically referenced as Constance or not; were the many incarnations of the 'Bride' merely less-realized versions of Constance? Are all these many 'Bride' versions different individual entities?
    This has never been resolved to my knowledge (for the DL property's 'storyline', in any case). Though, there is strong evidence, some feel, that HBG may make his triumphant return in the not too distant future, and if this is the case, he will definitively be Constance's suitor. All is speculation in most 'Mansion matters, it seems!!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    One reason why I added the question mark in my original post. The HBG is 'officially' named as the suitor of the "Mansion's Bride", though he is now removed from the attraction. The Bride is not specifically referenced as Constance or not; were the many incarnations of the 'Bride' merely less-realized versions of Constance? Are all these many 'Bride' versions different individual entities?
    This has never been resolved to my knowledge (for the DL property's 'storyline', in any case). Though, there is strong evidence, some feel, that HBG may make his triumphant return in the not too distant future, and if this is the case, he will definitively be Constance's suitor. All is speculation in most 'Mansion matters, it seems!!
    Personally, I think that the company is intentionally vague about such things, since so many people enjoy the ride in so many different ways. Of course, it's also possible that they just don't care to be bothered with such details, since the ride's popularity has done just fine without having to explicitly spell things out. However, I suppose the arrival of Constance, along with the rumored return of the HBG, contradicts this possibility.

Oh well, just thinking "out loud," as it were.
    Last edited by Ttubretep; 07-30-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: My poor grammar!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

The insides of the facades aren't all that impressive. Pipes, wires, exposed beams, etc. Pretty unexciting.

BellhopPrincess, send me a message on AIM when you have the time and we can discuss artwork.

• =)

The insides of the facades aren't all that impressive. Pipes, wires, exposed beams, etc. Pretty unexciting.
    Pretty unexciting in and of itself, yup...but pretty cool when you consider how impressive the facades are from the outside.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Touche.

• Minion

remember the old hat box ghost? theres a good spot for it in the dineing hall..theres a veranda thats empty..you know the one right below the duleing ghosts? i think it would be cool to bring back that creation and put it in there.....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I don't think they're pirates. Two of them are wearing old-fashioned military uniforms, but they're not pirate outfits.

Oh, and doombuggy driver, Constance has five husbands.
    Those are not the costumes I saw last Tuesday though. The guy in the middle has a different hat. More like one of the pirates in PotC.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I was trying to figure it out according to the present attic situation.
    Back to the whole story thing....aside from writing my own, I've given up on the whole 'HM storyline' thing...
    dreams. come. true.

• Inhospitable about happy

Popeye the sailor was originally in the Coast Guard. Then, in the 50's, they suddenly put him in a Navy white sailor suit. Nobody claims there are "two" Popeyes. Same with the attic bride. There is only one HM attic bride ghost, but she's been revised twice. Connie is actually closer to the original bride than any of the others (including the movie version and PM's Melanie). The original bride was spooky, ominous-looking, and her groom was standing on the other side of the room--beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Those are not the costumes I saw last Tuesday though. The guy in the middle has a different hat. More like one of the pirates in PotC.
    Pix, we need pix.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I'll let you know what I think when I go again on Sunday. I hope to make it there sometime this week -- maybe. If I do I will post what I see.

Page 5 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast