Page 54 of 170 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479104154 ... LastLast

• A Honorary Autobot

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Disney Imagineer's aren't anything if not detail-oriented.

I'll keep my eyes peeled tonight when I go.

• is too darn hot.

Hello threadsters.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• A Honorary Autobot

TRIP REPORT:

OK, last night my wife and I went to DL for a short Halloween and got to ride Nemo's Subs and the HMH. First, the Subs really aren't so bad, after all. I mean, there's a whole lot of digital projections, but the interactive (film and animatronic) portions are well done. And the kids on our sub loved the whole ride. So that, combined with the long lines, make the ride a success (more or less).

But back to my point: the gorilla bride is indeed tucked deep back into the corner behind piles of incandescently-painted gift boxes and such. Thankfully, a sole black light lights up the ape's gown and candle while a tiny red heart beats through the chest. It's tough to spot as you're passing through the window to the graveyard, but she is there.

And as for Bellhop's observations, the gingerbread people fleeing the haunted gingerbread house are a nice touch. We didn't see the legless gingerbread man crawling out of the house, but we did see one bending down to pick up his severed arm (re: Saving Private Ryan), and one decapitated gingerbread man. Additionally, Zero's nose is clearly visible in the turret above the mansion. In fact, much more than the wandering candelabra on the second level.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I was at a friend's house last night for Halloween, and her house is FILLED with Disney stuff--posters, figurines, stuffed animals, ticket stubs, calanders, pretty much everything you can imagine.
    With her dad's permission, I took some pictures of the interesting HM knicknacks that caught my eye.
    *after five minutes of sitting on photobucket.com with nothing to show for it*
    My internet decided to not upload the photos, but if BassBone will remind me annoyingly for the next few days to upload them, they'll come up soon.
    dreams. come. true.

• =)

Additionally, Zero's nose is clearly visible in the turret above the mansion.
    [emphasis added]

The correct term is cupola.

</nitpicking>

• A Honorary Autobot

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    [emphasis added]

The correct term is cupola.

</nitpicking>
    Francis Ford?

Oh yeah, Bellhop. Put up those pics!

• A Honorary Autobot

Refusing to let The Thread Pt.2 simply fade into obscurity, here's a short trip report:

I went back to the HMH a couple of nights ago after work just for a small release. Our butler, a short Harry Potter-looking little guy (who I've seen before) was sort of in character, but just more of a dick; unless his character is supposed to be a creepy dick. Then spot on!

Anyways, wanting to cram in the very last of the line's stragglers, he insisted on prodding more and more people into an already packed elevator howling, "MOVE TO THE FAR WALL! MAKE MORE ROOM!" which only infuriated the people pressed up against the back wall.

Noting that several people were more enthralled with the decor rather than allowing more people in, I started to chime in, making lighthearted jokes trying to encourage more people in; "C'mon folks, the quicker we get inside, the faster he can collect his minimum-wage paycheck!" and "Don't make Harry Potter mad, he still hasn't learned that Snape killed Dumbeldore..."

I got some laughs and people complied, but our little butler didn't take too kindly to it. He actually barked at me to "Shut up!" And stormed back into the foyer once the elevator operator, an equally surly maid, spat out her poorly rehearsed "Drag your bodies to the dead center of the room," which made no sense as we were smashed up against the walls.

What's up with these maids and butlers?

I mean, yeah, it was closing time, but it was a weekday and the park was closing at 8pm. It's not like it was midnight after a sweltering 90 degree day. I'd think HM CMs would be the most upbeat of all CMs.

You're encouraged to be creepy, kooky, and bizarre to people. You're wearing a pretty cool uniform, and the ride is generally well liked. It could be worse right? You could be wearing lederhosen and working the loading dock of IASM.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Well, clearly Jack needs to leave something special in THEIR stockings.

This isn't the first report like this I've seen; I'm starting to worry about my beloved Mansion.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• =)

Oh my...

Well, in any case, Rusty, poking fun at even the worst CMs probably isn't the best idea. I understand you were trying to keep things a little more cheerful, but still. Just get a name and report 'em to City Hall with a look of distraught fury on your face.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I think it's just the stress from this very busy time of year. Understandably, they've got it pretty durned good at the HM, but the standby line is extremely long this time of year even up til closing. I'm not jusifying what angry Potter did, but I can see how it could get to that point. The "shut up" demand was highly uncalled for, even under that much stress. But I guess they're only human.

Though, I will admit, if you get to go to DL every day and get paid for it, and deal with at least one good group a day, then there is no reason to be that "unjolly" about everything.
    I can't wait til I'm 18, driving, and working full time at the parks. It's gonna rock so hard.
    dreams. come. true.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Refusing to let The Thread Pt.2 simply fade into obscurity, here's a short trip report:

I went back to the HMH a couple of nights ago after work just for a small release. Our butler, a short Harry Potter-looking little guy (who I've seen before) was sort of in character, but just more of a dick; unless his character is supposed to be a creepy dick. Then spot on!

Anyways, wanting to cram in the very last of the line's stragglers, he insisted on prodding more and more people into an already packed elevator howling, "MOVE TO THE FAR WALL! MAKE MORE ROOM!" which only infuriated the people pressed up against the back wall.

Noting that several people were more enthralled with the decor rather than allowing more people in, I started to chime in, making lighthearted jokes trying to encourage more people in; "C'mon folks, the quicker we get inside, the faster he can collect his minimum-wage paycheck!" and "Don't make Harry Potter mad, he still hasn't learned that Snape killed Dumbeldore..."

I got some laughs and people complied, but our little butler didn't take too kindly to it. He actually barked at me to "Shut up!" And stormed back into the foyer once the elevator operator, an equally surly maid, spat out her poorly rehearsed "Drag your bodies to the dead center of the room," which made no sense as we were smashed up against the walls.

What's up with these maids and butlers?

I mean, yeah, it was closing time, but it was a weekday and the park was closing at 8pm. It's not like it was midnight after a sweltering 90 degree day. I'd think HM CMs would be the most upbeat of all CMs.

You're encouraged to be creepy, kooky, and bizarre to people. You're wearing a pretty cool uniform, and the ride is generally well liked. It could be worse right? You could be wearing lederhosen and working the loading dock of IASM.
    I think I know who you're talking about and he's usually very good. HMH is extremely busy and stressful and I think they are encouraged to cram as many souls into the stretching rooms as possible by management during this unfortunate overlay. He could just be affected by the stress of doing that all day and being forced to be rude to people when he'd rather just be creepy.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Wait wait was his name Joshua? If yes then I retract my Potter statement as I really like Joshua.
    dreams. come. true.

• A Honorary Autobot

Y'know what Bellhop, I think you're right.

Joshua does sound familiar as I believe he's the one who helped me take a picture of the sundial a couple of months earlier. He wouldn't let me hop the short fence and opted to do it himself. He was rather helpful.

Butler Joshua took this pic.

I understand that the end of the day you're tired, worn out, weary of herding droves of cattle...er, guests into the elevators and just want to punch out and go home, but hollering at everyone to get inside didn't seem very Disney-like.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Rusty I'm sorry I haven't posted the pics of my friend's stuff yet. My internet is really wonky right now and I don't even want to attempt wireless because of that. (My only accessable working memory card port is on my laptop.) But soon! I promise! Especially if I can convince my friend to take some and post them herself!
    dreams. come. true.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Y'know what Bellhop, I think you're right.

Joshua does sound familiar as I believe he's the one who helped me take a picture of the sundial a couple of months earlier. He wouldn't let me hop the short fence and opted to do it himself. He was rather helpful.

[pic snipped]

Butler Joshua took this pic.

I understand that the end of the day you're tired, worn out, weary of herding droves of cattle...er, guests into the elevators and just want to punch out and go home, but hollering at everyone to get inside didn't seem very Disney-like.
    Nice picture. And I'm not saying hollering is the right thing to do, but it may be that management is pressuring them to get as many souls onto the stretching rooms as they can and thus the tactics. It could be they're encouraging them to be loud and obnoxious in order to get the guests in. Though it is annoying when they cover up Corey Burton's amazing Paul Frees impression.