Page 8 of 170 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Re: Son of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by GastlyGrimm View Post
    how come in surrells book it says theres a madam leota gravestone outside the mansion??? like where..i gone all around never seen it!
    he means the one at WDW. I have the book and unless you have a different version of it he does say it's from WDW.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    That's really the heart of the matter, isn't it, MasterGracey? It feels too much like a totally different ride that happens to be built in the same space. It's not so much a NBC-themed version of the Haunted Mansion as it is a NBC ride that seasonally evicts the original.
    Indeed. Haunted Mansion Holiday is to Haunted Mansion what Monsters Inc is to Superstar Limo - except its temporary.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is shouldn't soley be a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction. It should actually utilize the Haunted Mansion's space for a reason instead of simply just taking over. The current incarnation of Haunted Mansion Holiday shows a complete disregard for the original show and instead transforms the Mansion into nothing more but a cheap Fantasyland-style Nightmare Before Christmas darkride.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• GastlyGrimm

whoops im sorry... my mistake... ur rigth does say wdw.im and idiot no churro for me lol...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I too am upset that HMH doesn't help the original when it comes back. It seems like since they have to close it down for the layover that things would just get fixed. I don't mind HMH so much since I have an AP. If I went once a year and missed out on the original I'd be mad.

The thing that makes HM so amazing is the detail. HMH does not have the detail. This is so evident in the attic. In HM the attic is probably the creepiest of rooms next to the COD. It is now so incredibly detailed with the wedding scene, you can literally see something new each time you ride it. The Attic is horrible in HMH. There is no detail and the music isn't eerie or scary, it's flat out corny and annoying.

I'm OK with the HMH overlay but it seems every year is get extended even longer. The longer its there, the less I like it.

Chad

• GastlyGrimm

seriously! i hate the fact its there from like late september to feburary its liek half the year its lame... i hate it withj a passssion dude imiss the old hmh..

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I too am upset that HMH doesn't help the original when it comes back. It seems like since they have to close it down for the layover that things would just get fixed.

Chad
    I think they fix and add things while it's down. I think they were tinkering with the attic while it was down if I remember.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup View Post
    I think they fix and add things while it's down. I think they were tinkering with the attic while it was down if I remember.
    The pirate brings up a point well-worth repeating here: love it or hate it, the HMH overlay closure gives many opportunities for upgrades, enhancements, refurbishments, and general 'tinkering around' that other attractions do not enjoy every single year. They barely let Indiana Jones slow down long enough for Guests to board it!

• GastlyGrimm

cant wait for bats daylol!!! burry jack skellington!

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by GastlyGrimm View Post
    seriously! i hate the fact its there from like late september to feburary its liek half the year its lame... i hate it withj a passssion dude imiss the old hmh..
    It's about 1/3 of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    The pirate brings up a point well-worth repeating here: love it or hate it, the HMH overlay closure gives many opportunities for upgrades, enhancements, refurbishments, and general 'tinkering around' that other attractions do not enjoy every single year. They barely let Indiana Jones slow down long enough for Guests to board it!
    This has always been the way HMH-haters comfort themselves, and it's no small thing, when you contrast the general good shape of the DL HM with the run-down condition WDW HM fell into.

Getting back to the look of the Phantom Five, here's a fairly recent pic by Tim Devine, although I don't have any precise date:

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/photos/

I do like that HMH keeps the Mansion in a regular cycle of cleanup and refurb - but I don't like how much time it takes up. They cover the entire holiday season from October to January and then there's all the downtime while they're switching out. It's a bit of a pain. I live long-distance and HMH actually single-handedly affects my plans to visit - I don't particularly want to see it and I'm a huge fan of the regular mansion, so all the Christmas and fall holidays are out for me if I want to see my favourite attraction.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post

well most rides now get an annual referb to fix things like that, like the Matterhorn and Splash, HM can get that too. Think about it. One month HM is closed for overlay, then usually 4 months for HMH and then another month to take it all down (except this year it was a few weeks which was cool) thats 5-6 months down time for the original mansion. Total waste of time I think. If NBC is successful just finally give it its own ride somewhere, plans have already been made long ago. But I rather have one month a year down time for referbs then 5 months

• Minion

this year are they doing anything special? like an AA sally or something?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    well most rides now get an annual referb to fix things like that, like the Matterhorn and Splash, HM can get that too. Think about it. One month HM is closed for overlay, then usually 4 months for HMH and then another month to take it all down (except this year it was a few weeks which was cool) thats 5-6 months down time for the original mansion. Total waste of time I think. If NBC is successful just finally give it its own ride somewhere, plans have already been made long ago. But I rather have one month a year down time for referbs then 5 months
    (BOLD mine) 'Most' attractions do not get annual refurbs, including the two you mention by name. I suppose the solution to HMH-haters is just don't go during the Holiday Season--lack of financial support is really the most important factor nowadays in determining whether or not 'change' is called for.

• Fighter Pilot

th

• GastlyGrimm

quick question me and my wife argue over,,, the singing busts in the grave yard.... the one that is liek nocked over and cracked.. didnt they add that effect to it just recently

Page 8 of 170 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358108 ... LastLast