View Poll Results: what type of third gate themepark would you like?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Westcot

12 30.77%
  • Disneysea

16 41.03%
  • Animal Kingdom

1 2.56%
  • Discovery Kingdom(my idea)

1 2.56%
  • other-explain

9 23.08%

• Fancy that...

third gate?- westcot?-disney sea?-Animal Kingdom?-Discovery Kingdom?-other(why)

you might of heard of my last thread started on this subject but tell me what you would like as a third gate at DLR

my (sort of) idea- most people would agree that we would like a TDS as a third gate, but i propose a park that can have plenty of original ideas while bringing some of the best things from other parks to here in DLR. you probaly aready heard my "Discovery kingdom" idea but this could definately work. this idea as i said before gives us a chance of bring the highlights of DAK into a TDS type park.

but i realy havn't worked out a name or made any details but whatever- just know that i want a TDS and since i love DAK i thought of ways to put these themes togother

i don't wan't a 3rd gate until we fix the other parks but this is just a way to anticipate a new park(im exited/if they would...hopefuly)

ive got a link to a pic of the place they could clearly put something
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...eryKingdom.jpg
    Last edited by pianoman13; 07-27-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Re: third gate?- westcot?-disney sea?-Animal Kingdom?-Discovery Kingdom?-other(why)

I've never been to the other parks and don't know enough about TDS to say if I like it or not. I do agree that they shouldn't actually build the third gate until the training wheels are off of DCA, although a little planning ahead never hurt anyone.

You stated that you have a pic of where the third gate could go....lets see it.

• Fancy that...

Re: third gate?- westcot?-disney sea?-Animal Kingdom?-Discovery Kingdom?-other(why)

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
    I've never been to the other parks and don't know enough about TDS to say if I like it or not. I do agree that they shouldn't actually build the third gate until the training wheels are off of DCA, although a little planning ahead never hurt anyone.

You stated that you have a pic of where the third gate could go....lets see it.
    yep i posted it and then forgot to put in the link-sorry-it should be at the top now and the spot is near the bottom on the right.

• Minion

we have enough zoos in so-cal so no to animal kingdom

how big is the strawberry field?

• Banned User

Whatever the third gate is, I hope they include an option to get an AP for individual parks. I don't want to be scammed into buying an AP for a park I don't like just to get my AP for Disneyland. I have a feeling they were going to pull that with DCA until they realized it was a failure and just tacked it onto DL's AP for free.

• MA Reader Since 2003

I chose other. I would like to see something new and innovative, no more clones and no Pixar in the third gate.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Diversification of assets (in this case attractions) would, to me, be a prudent business model. Why build a second AK, or 'Epcot', when there is one people can visit in FL? Why build a DisneySea when there is one already in Japan? The world is becoming smaller and smaller (please no singing), and travel easier and cheaper. It would seem smart to build a unique Park with its own attractions to further monopolize the market, attracting foreign longer-term guests and offer a new experience you can get nowhere else.
    Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 07-27-2007 at 03:26 PM.

• MA Reader Since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Diversification of assets (in this case attractions) would, to me, be a prudent business model. Why build a second AK, or 'Epcot', when there is one people can visit in FL? Why build a DisneySea when there is one already in Japan. The world is becoming smaller and smaller (please no singing), and travel easier and cheaper. It would seem smart to build a unique Park with its own attractions to further monopolize the market, attracting foreign longer-term guests and offer a new experience you can get nowhere else.
    Well said.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

I know this won't be a popular idea, but how about.........

NO THIRD GATE.

While I don't mind DCA or DTD, the more they add the more DLR will become WDW west.

While I know we can't go back, I much prefered DL when it was just DL. If I want the WDW experience I'll head East instead of West.

Before you know it APs will be more expensive, you'll have to make hotel and dinning ressies way in advance, they will remove tram service to the hotels, they won't add stops on the Monorail to new hotels..... oh wait, those things happened already. See what I mean? Next we'll see busses arriving to shuttle us all around and AP prices that willl require 2nd mortgages to afford.

And yes, I know DL is a business and the third gate most likely will happen. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. LOL

dsny1mom

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
    I know this won't be a popular idea, but how about.........

NO THIRD GATE.

While I don't mind DCA or DTD, the more they add the more DLR will become WDW west.

While I know we can't go back, I much prefered DL when it was just DL. If I want the WDW experience I'll head East instead of West.

Before you know it APs will be more expensive, you'll have to make hotel and dinning ressies way in advance, they will remove tram service to the hotels, they won't add stops on the Monorail to new hotels..... oh wait, those things happened already. See what I mean? Next we'll see busses arriving to shuttle us all around and AP prices that willl require 2nd mortgages to afford.

And yes, I know DL is a business and the third gate most likely will happen. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. LOL

dsny1mom
    although your completely right with the how the upgrade did all that ,but the great thing about DLR is that it's all in walking distance, WDW is all HUGE and spread apart and I think that if they did it right it would be worth all these inconvieniences,not that i wan't any, and i'd hope that there won't be, but if DLR got a 3rd gate you could do more to do at Walt's original place(and it would be as huge as WDW but all in walking distance)

• Infinitized!

I think my mythologicaly themed park idea could rival DisneySea and it would give Disney an area where they could expand more on in live-action and animated movies. Thy could have something themed to Hercules in this park an also maybe finally gve us the Little Mermaid ride, since mermaids are considered part of mythology.

• Golden State of Mind

I would prefer WESTcot over a repeat park

California Misadventure/The Demise of WestCOT
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I think my mythologicaly themed park idea could rival DisneySea and it would give Disney an area where they could expand more on in live-action and animated movies. Thy could have something themed to Hercules in this park an also maybe finally gve us the Little Mermaid ride, since mermaids are considered part of mythology.
    could Jules verne be considered mythology?(i feel stupid for asking this)

• Minion

Even though Tokyo DisneySea is by far the most elaborate and beautiful theme park on Earth, I would like to see something unique. Besides, I just don't think that WDI could pull off another DisneySea without the proper budget or the mentality of favoring creativity over cost. Tokyo DisneySea is the only Disney park built after Disneyland Paris where creativity was the number one factor and the only park not to suffer budget cuts. Because of this, Imagineers were allowed to show off their maximum potential with no limits whatsoever. Imagineers were pushed harder during the creation of Tokyo DisneySea than any other Disney park, creatively speaking that is.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 07-28-2007 at 04:20 AM.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~