Grand Californian Hotel

I am planning a trip again in July 2009 to Disneyland. Every visit we stay at the Disneyland Hotel and I thought that since we would not be able to make a trip next year to Disneyland, we thought we might like to try the Grand Californian Hotel. How far in advance can you book and what specifically do I need to tell the travel people at the Disney Travel Company concerning room view (we want a Downtown Disney view preferrably)?

• Princess at heart

Re: Grand Californian Hotel

Requesting DTD view is good but when we went in January they were booked on teh DTD view (I was looking forward to this) so they "upgraded" us to a theme park view which was pretty nice (we could see the GRR and the Monorail) but the walk to and from the room was a killer! My suggestion is to check in as early as possible before the DTD view rooms have all been taken.

We've been 4 times in the last 5 years and have stayed at Disneylad Hotel twice and Grand Californian twice. They're both great hotels and I don't think anything can compare to staying on property! You never have to leave the "magic" and it's so convient for mid-day breaks.
    ~ Tami

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

My vote would be for you to call Walt Disney Travel Company and ask them how far in advance you can book. You can also log onto the Disneyland Resort website http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...?name=HomePage and see if there is availability already for 2009.

As far as what to tell the travel rep regarding a room view, when you call to book you should request what view you prefer. My favorite is the Downtown Disney View (DTD), or the Theme park view.

The GCH, it's my favorite hotel at the DLR hands down! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

The Downtown Disney view is on the north side. If you love the sun like I do, and you live in Pacifica (like I do) so you normally don't get much, you might prefer the theme park side. Also, why do you want to use the Disney Travel Company? You can see if you get significant savings through them, but it's not likely especially since they have early payment demands and cancellation penalties. I just reserve through room reservations. You can get your tickets through them too, I think. Or even get your tickets on the internet. You probably could reserve now without a price guarantee, but why so early? One last thing, my favorite hotel is the Disneyland Hotel, by far!