Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

High School Musical Pep Rally at DCA cut back to just 3 days a week (Fri thru Sun)

Surprised to see the current TIMES Guide listing HSMPR only 3 days a week, looks like DCA is cutting back on entertainment again.

And with the premiere of High School Musical 2 movie coming out in just a couple of weeks...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Shubisha

Re: High School Musical Pep Rally at DCA cut back to just 3 days a week (Fri thru Sun

well seeing how it won't be running at all for now i'm surprised it's listed in the first place right now? :P

Re: High School Musical Pep Rally at DCA cut back to just 3 days a week (Fri thru Sun

actually, high school musical pep rally will have it's last performance this sunday, july 29th. that's why it's listed in the times guide as only being on fri, sat, sun... because that's all there is left.

the performers start rehearsals for HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 tuesday july 31st. it's going to be similar to the pep rally, but instead of cheerleaders and basketball players, it's going to have vacationers, more "teenage types" (preppy girl, sassy girl, rocker guys) and baseball players. in addition, there will now be 2 male singers and one female singer.

the new show is set to debut sometime mid-august when the movie debuts on the the disney channel.

and if you're wondering why i know this its because i have friends in the show

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Just when I thought it was over...
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by premier_rue View Post
    actually, high school musical pep rally will have it's last performance this sunday, july 29th. that's why it's listed in the times guide as only being on fri, sat, sun... because that's all there is left.

the performers start rehearsals for HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 tuesday july 31st. it's going to be similar to the pep rally, but instead of cheerleaders and basketball players, it's going to have vacationers, more "teenage types" (preppy girl, sassy girl, rocker guys) and baseball players. in addition, there will now be 2 male singers and one female singer.
    From their press release:
    And inspired by the sequel, a brand new High School Musical 2: School’s Out! show will spring to life in Disney’s California Adventure beginning Saturday, August 18.

"We've seen the amazing popularity of High School Musical firsthand as our guests enthusiastically participate in the Pep Rally," said Ed Grier, President of the Disneyland Resort. "Needless to say, High School Musical 2 now brings new opportunities for our guests to further engage in the High School Musical phenomenon.”
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72535
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

Dare I even say that again the Disney name be soiled by stuff like this?

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Just when I thought it was over...

Yeah me too. The torcher begins. lol
    Last edited by Rex Dopey24; 07-28-2007 at 12:08 AM. Reason: mistake

• Minion

At least it is at DCA. It would really pollute the atmosphere of DL.

• Shubisha

oh no the torture of spending 2 minutes to walk past something you don't like or letting it roll past you and then spending the next 5 minutes talking about how annoying it is even though it's already gone =P

the disney name most definitely not be soiled by this. the disney name be soiled by the crap they tried to put out on their own in theaters and on dvd the past many years. this on the other hand is widely enjoyed and makes a ton of kids happy to see.

• Up is Down

well said Matt I agree!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Banned User

High School Musical only three days a week? Oh the HORROR!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    High School Musical only three days a week? Oh the HORROR!
    I made a mistake...

It is going dark for 2 weeks starting Monday, go and enjoy the park without the loud music before it returns on August 18th
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks for the inside scoop.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I am going to be the person that everyone knows me to be:

It could be a lot worse! I am sorry but I was watching "Ice Princess" on ABC family and there's a lot of crap that Disney puts out. HSM is at least this positive thing. The music may not be everyone's cup of tea but the message is a decent one that can help kids. Be true to yourself and don't let people tell you who you are...

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I saw HSM on TV and I thought it was extremely cheesy but it had a good message about being yourself for kids. Saw the Pep Rally while at DCA and while I didn't like it I could appreciate the hard work the CMs put into it. I did love the fact that so many kids and their parents really got into it, both during the group participation part and not. While I am not a fan I don't think it should go away. An updated version for the second movie will be a nice change, I'm sure. For both the CMs and PAC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast