Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: ureka!! if you were in charge of DL, what would you do?(regardless of time or mon

Change FNSV back to its original format, as a simple trip through liquid space.
    Move Red Rockett to where Starcade is.
    Replace HISTA with the Timekeeper.
    Take out innoventions.
    Use the Red Rockett building for Mission Space queue, build bridge to Carousel building, use Carousel building for actual Mission Space.
    Spruce up Autopia.
    Find some space to cram in Inner Space.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Fancy that...

Re: ureka!! if you were in charge of DL, what would you do?(regardless of time or mon

o wow I forgot Advertureland!! ok, so

Advertureland
    1. make the tree house Swiss family Robinson again(but updated and still has the instruments at the end)
    2. update indy
    3. put in an aladdin ride were the aladdin show is(it'd be small but has to be an E ticket)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I would make sure that we got the necessary money for new things and leave the imagination to the real Imagineers such as Tony Baxter. I would also have Gregg Emmer walk the parks and mingle with CM's and guests. Basically what Ed Grier is doing already. I like it so far.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

If I were in charge of Disneyland, I would restore the Electrical Parade by bringing back units such as Small World, Pleasure Island, Seven Dwarfs' Mine, Briny Deep and the Toy Soldiers/Flags as well as restore the six royal pages of the Blue Fairy.

I'd bring back the PeopleMover, America Sings and Adventure Thru Inner Space (with new effects but original show and a Monsanto tribute.)

Give hourly Cast Members better wages. promotions and benefits to show my appreciation for their hard work.

Lower admission/parking prices so that more people can afford to visit.

Bring the Country Bears back and have three theaters running (orginal/vacation hoedown/holiday special on Holiday Season)

Make Disneyland more show than a mall and give the guests the best.

Rebuild the Space Stage and bring concerts featuring top-name stars

Overall, make Disneyland DISNEYLAND again.

• Golden State of Mind

yes, if only money wasnt a factor
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I'd move DL closer to me
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Okay, I have listed the ideas for redoing MSEP in the "DreamLights" formatting, but I'd make some minor changes based on some of the ideas given:

• First and foremost, change back Main Street USA back into a early 20th-Century town, not a glorified strip mall.
    • Update the Pooh ride to have Hunny Pots like TDL.
    • The idea of a "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" theatre in the Village Haus would be great for the pre-schoolers. Not only would the live Clubhouse shows run there, but also other Disney short subjects as well. Just imagine real, live Mouskatools!
    • Change Redd Rockets Pizza name to Pizza Planet so it ties in seamlessly with Tomorrowland being near Buzz Lightyear's game.
    • Don't Close the Snow White Ride. Even though it was updated, it was one of the original rides when it opened in 1955. And while we're at it, close Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and turn it into an badly-needed updated Alice ride that follows the plot of the movie, and maybe convert the second level into a Wacky Croquet game or Wonderland-themed miniture golf area and for the love of Peg Leg Pete, put a roof on the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
    • I wholehartedly agree with the idea of merging the two parks into one and making annual passes more valuable, and charging, say $59.95 for adults and $34.95 for kids 2-13 (taxes included) would be the best way to go, but make at least an biannual ticket price increase of no more than $3.
    • Upgrade the cast members pay to at least 25% above the current minimum wage.
    • As for everything else, such as new holiday parades and a new parade once the current PoD ends, I'm willing to listen to all ideas, even from guests.

I'll worry about DCA later.

• Golden State of Mind

forget that i'd move to disneyland
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Oh the possiblilities:

MAIN ST USA:
    • Retire Lincoln and in his place build an AA Walt.
    • Re-open The American Egg House as a Full Service Restaurant.
    • Open a new fine dining establishment where the old plaza pavillion used to be...call it "Auroras"
    • Re-open the Carnation Plaza Gardens food service window.
    • Bring back The "Main St." Electrical Parade with newer 21st century technology but also retaining its' original charm.
    ADVENTURELAND:
    • Bring back the Tahititian Terrace.
    • Slow down the Indiana Jones Adventure so it can be enjoyed by all kids from 3 - 103. This should actually help reduce crowds in AL a bit since there will be less people clogging the alley waiting for their loved ones to go on the ride.
    CRITTER COUNTRY:
    • Remodel the Hungry Bear Restaurant into a full service eatery featuring some of the AA's from the Country Bear Jamboree on hand to entertain.
    • Close Pooh and replace it with a more immersive dark ride based on Bambi.
    FRONTIERLAND:
    • Bring in a top notch show to the Golden Horseshow...maybe something like WDW's Hoop-de-doo.
    • Mike Fink KeelBoats to come back but with heavy modifications and a side-trip into a fully immersive show building(which will look/match Big Thunder to some extent...with a flat mesa on top) The trip will begin just as before with a journey around TSI....but then right around where Cascade Peak used to be(a similar peak will replace it btw) the boats will veer off the river into some rapids. The rapids will be seemingly taking you down, down, down but in reality thru the use of gravity hill illusions well place by our imagineers you will actually be going up. At the top you will journey thru various scenes of the old west(kinda like pirates of the caribean but western themed). At the end of the journey, you escape a terrible gun fight by plunging down a waterfall...which will be kinda shocking to some as no one will remember going up in the first place This attraction will be mostly built right behind Big Thunder Mt.
    FANTASYLAND:
    • Skyway will be returned to the Chalet.....Avalanche tunnel to be constructed in the Matterhorn for additional thrills.
    • Village Haus Restaurant to abandon its' fast food in favor of a full service experience featuring a menu with fare from Northern Italy, Switzerland, and Bavaria.
    • Little Mermaid attraction to be constructed just south of the Matterhorn(North of Buzz)
    • Beauty and the Beast attraction to be constructed where Videopolis once was....the thing that is there now will be moved to DownTown Disney.
    • Pirate Ship Restaurant and Skull Rock will return and be placed at the old Motor Boat lagoon launch.
    TOON TOWN:
    • New E ticket attraction to be built here....Mickey and the Beanstalk. Ride vehicles will be overhead Omnivores and guests will queue in what looks like not-so-happy-valley. How Mickey, Donald, and Goofy come by the beans will be explained while in queue. Once aboard the ride vehicles guests go up and up and up on the vines of the beanstalk; Journey thru the giant land to a Castle and then Encounter Wiley the Giant, and help Mickey and his friends escape....down, down and down the beanstalk. Just at they reach the bottom a giant shadow goes by and then we hear a big thud! Upon exiting the attraction will be a house where guests can see pictures of themselves on the ride.....and if they look up at the ceiling they will see a smiling giant lifting up the roof
    TOMORROWLAND:
    • Skyway Station re-built with two destinations available...Fantasyland or Disneys California Adventure ThemePark.
    • Peoplemover to return but with two destinations available in addition to a roundtrip option....Small World Plaza or the New Tomorrowland Hotel---which would be build accross the St. where the HoJo is now. The cars would all be seperate from one another..no trains...this way every car can be off line and would never have to wait. Look up PRT's to know my mind on this.
    • A state of the art AA show will be placed in the Carousel Theater.
    • Magic Eye Theater to lose HISTA and go with a more mystical 3-D journey thru the Cosmos.....based on the Carl Sagan Series of the same name.
    • Home of Tomorrow to be built on the second floor of the Starcade. Walk-thru a typical Lunar apartment in the year 2050.
    • Star Tours to get a major re-do with new side windows and two or three new destinations.
    • Autopia to go green. Solar Panals will be placed both on the cars themselves and along the side of some of the roads. Power will come from both. The cars will also join the 21st Century with heads up displays showing you speed, electrical consumption, estimated time left before destination, distance of car in front of you, traffic conditions and even how long the wait is at your favorite Esspresso Drivethru
    • Rocket Jets to be returned to their former High Position.
    • Mary Blair Murals to be showcased once again.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Oh the possiblilities:

MAIN ST USA:
    • Retire Lincoln and in his place build an AA Walt.
    • Re-open The American Egg House as a Full Service Restaurant.
    • Open a new fine dining establishment where the old plaza pavillion used to be...call it "Auroras"
    • Re-open the Carnation Plaza Gardens food service window.
    • Bring back The "Main St." Electrical Parade with newer 21st century technology but also retaining its' original charm.
    ADVENTURELAND:
    • Bring back the Tahititian Terrace.
    • Slow down the Indiana Jones Adventure so it can be enjoyed by all kids from 3 - 103. This should actually help reduce crowds in AL a bit since there will be less people clogging the alley waiting for their loved ones to go on the ride.
    CRITTER COUNTRY:
    • Remodel the Hungry Bear Restaurant into a full service eatery featuring some of the AA's from the Country Bear Jamboree on hand to entertain.
    • Close Pooh and replace it with a more immersive dark ride based on Bambi.
    FRONTIERLAND:
    • Bring in a top notch show to the Golden Horseshow...maybe something like WDW's Hoop-de-doo.
    • Mike Fink KeelBoats to come back but with heavy modifications and a side-trip into a fully immersive show building(which will look/match Big Thunder to some extent...with a flat mesa on top) The trip will begin just as before with a journey around TSI....but then right around where Cascade Peak used to be(a similar peak will replace it btw) the boats will veer off the river into some rapids. The rapids will be seemingly taking you down, down, down but in reality thru the use of gravity hill illusions well place by our imagineers you will actually be going up. At the top you will journey thru various scenes of the old west(kinda like pirates of the caribean but western themed). At the end of the journey, you escape a terrible gun fight by plunging down a waterfall...which will be kinda shocking to some as no one will remember going up in the first place This attraction will be mostly built right behind Big Thunder Mt.
    FANTASYLAND:
    • Skyway will be returned to the Chalet.....Avalanche tunnel to be constructed in the Matterhorn for additional thrills.
    • Village Haus Restaurant to abandon its' fast food in favor of a full service experience featuring a menu with fare from Northern Italy, Switzerland, and Bavaria.
    • Little Mermaid attraction to be constructed just south of the Matterhorn(North of Buzz)
    • Beauty and the Beast attraction to be constructed where Videopolis once was....the thing that is there now will be moved to DownTown Disney.
    • Pirate Ship Restaurant and Skull Rock will return and be placed at the old Motor Boat lagoon launch.
    TOON TOWN:
    • New E ticket attraction to be built here....Mickey and the Beanstalk. Ride vehicles will be overhead Omnivores and guests will queue in what looks like not-so-happy-valley. How Mickey, Donald, and Goofy come by the beans will be explained while in queue. Once aboard the ride vehicles guests go up and up and up on the vines of the beanstalk; Journey thru the giant land to a Castle and then Encounter Wiley the Giant, and help Mickey and his friends escape....down, down and down the beanstalk. Just at they reach the bottom a giant shadow goes by and then we hear a big thud! Upon exiting the attraction will be a house where guests can see pictures of themselves on the ride.....and if they look up at the ceiling they will see a smiling giant lifting up the roof
    TOMORROWLAND:
    • Skyway Station re-built with two destinations available...Fantasyland or Disneys California Adventure ThemePark.
    • Peoplemover to return but with two destinations available in addition to a roundtrip option....Small World Plaza or the New Tomorrowland Hotel---which would be build accross the St. where the HoJo is now. The cars would all be seperate from one another..no trains...this way every car can be off line and would never have to wait. Look up PRT's to know my mind on this.
    • A state of the art AA show will be placed in the Carousel Theater.
    • Magic Eye Theater to lose HISTA and go with a more mystical 3-D journey thru the Cosmos.....based on the Carl Sagan Series of the same name.
    • Home of Tomorrow to be built on the second floor of the Starcade. Walk-thru a typical Lunar apartment in the year 2050.
    • Star Tours to get a major re-do with new side windows and two or three new destinations.
    • Autopia to go green. Solar Panals will be placed both on the cars themselves and along the side of some of the roads. Power will come from both. The cars will also join the 21st Century with heads up displays showing you speed, electrical consumption, estimated time left before destination, distance of car in front of you, traffic conditions and even how long the wait is at your favorite Esspresso Drivethru
    • Rocket Jets to be returned to their former High Position.
    • Mary Blair Murals to be showcased once again.
    eh-well not sure that "Arauras" would make much sence, but i like the idea of a fine dining place on main street sound good- there's a nice sit down resteraunt at WDW called "walts" that coud go there. i like your Star tours idea but id add it mabye being in 3D. Just one big gripe- indiana Jones only goes an average of 12 miles an hour (it just has a motion thing that makes it feel like it's going fast and if they slowed it down it could very well just be a tour and not an exiting ride(it's already pretty kid friendly)

• Minion

to much, i dont even think i can type it out in less than 2 hours

• Minion

Frontierland:
    Build another E-Ticket (Indoor Wagon Ride is a good idea)
    Bring the Golden Horseshoe Revue back

In the Fesitival of Fools Arena area, make a new land with TDS's Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Critter Country:
    Replace Pooh with TDL's Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
    Squeeze the Country Bear Jamboree back in.

New Orleans Square:
    Bring the Disney Gallery back to it's proper place.
    Annex Tom Sawyer's Island to New Orleans Square since it has been taken over by pirates.

Tommorrowland:
    Make Nemo themed to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
    Bring the People Mover back.
    Put the Astro Orbiters on top of the PM loading platform.
    Move Starcade to Downtown Disney (and heavily update it).
    In Starcade's place build a new Adventures Thru Inner Space.
    In Innoventions or HISTA build a really souped up Alien Encounter that is an actual moving ride.

Mickey's Toontown:
    Build a dark ride based on classic Mickey cartoons.

Fantasyland:
    Put the Little Mermaid dark ride in the old motor boat cruise area.
    Build a Sleeping Beauty thrill ride/dark ride combo (ala Indy and TOT) where Princess Fantasy Faire is.
    Find a new location for an enclosed Fantasyland theater.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    have MC deleted. . .
    Yes because the Disneyland President will have total control over that! Freedom of speech is such a great thing...
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Fancy that...

id add on that there would be no more of the year of a million dreams logos inside the park and no cheesy shows(parade of dreams song-this is our family timei realy hate that song) a new parade would take its place w/ scenes from classic disney movies and no central song-just the movie themes(in their close to original form)

• Banned User

About some of your ideas:

*Close Lincoln and have a AA Walt.
    Not gonna happen. Not while his daughter is still breathing, and besides, I could have done the manditory freezer joke, but I digress.

*Reopen the Skyway.
    Again, will not happen. Safety, 9/11, the high cost and other reasons will make that impossible.

*Submarine (currently Nemo) rethemed to 20K Leagues.
    Chances of that are as impossible as the Tampa Bay Rays winning the 2007 World Series over the San Francisco Giants.

*Autotopia to go "green".
    Best. Idea. Ever. Make all of DLR "green".

*Plaza Pavillion to become dining establishment.
    And where Alice and Mad Hatter play Musical Chairs on hot or wet days?

Keep them coming...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast