Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fancy that...

if you were in charge of DL, what would you do?(regardless of time or money)

ok, so some of these ideas could be from other people, but im not going to put in any names as to who's it was but just tell you if it wasn't mine(some of them were . because if it's in here and someone else already said it, it just means i agree with it-ok?-so heres my list
    Rivers of America

Fronteirland
    1. bring back the old Golden Horseshoe revue show
    2. put 2 E tickets in the BTR area(out of control wagon ride, mabye- thats not my own idea)
    3. Make an expantion of the BTMRR around big thunder trail and make it dip in the rivers of america and go around the pond near BTM trail(make a new walking place around the pond that goes into a cave and into the line of a new ride(creepy mine shaft-tot like ride- not my own idea)
    New orleans Square
    1. make the HM have a more obvious plot(bring back the AA bride)
    2. give POTC pirates fighting w/ swords(its in paris sopposedly)
    3. update TSI w/ a spanish fort w/ air cannons and a Cracken underneath it(this would be were the old fort was)
    4. fix the cracks in pavement near the french market
    Critter Country
    1. update the Pooh ride to being more like the one in WDW
    2. add a phocahontos(sp) dark ride- ok so i thought of something that will be friggin awsome- the outside would have the Tree from the move that actually talks to guests(like Turtle talk technology/ Roz at the end of Monsters ink.) ok so this would be sort of like POTC because the ride vehicles would be over size canoes on actual water and would have 2 or three mild drops and of course would have scenes from the film- although there isn't much room for this it would be cool.(this fits in critter county because critter country is not a specific setting but just a woodsy american place for animals)
    Toon Town
    1. The House of Mouse Resteraunt(like the TV show)
    2. Mickeys Phillar Magic(it would replace gadgets go coaster)
    3. new E ticket near Town Square
    Fantasyland
    1. A fine dining place in the old skyway station(it would be expanded)
    2. A little mermaid ride somewhere
    3. castle walk threw reopen
    Tommorowland
    1. replace HISTA w/ Alien encounter(not stich)
    2. replace innoventions w/ an E ticket ride(mission Space or Test track or something totaly new/ no pixar or cartoon theme exept Wall-e or Meet the robinsons mabye)
    3. re open the people mover and make it high tech w/ tv's and audio in the cars-the whole tour would be directed by the tv and would be full of old clips of tommorowland and would have the video from the old space mountian line(the fashions on the moon thing)the whole thing would be much more coordinated, funny, and exiting.
    4. re paint Space mountian and have it glow very faintly circut panels a night(very faintly/ nothing contriversial) and have a seasonal thing that makes it play the old soundtrack every year for a limited time
    5. Totaly redo Tommorowland to make it much more intricate and detailed and futuristic replacing the bronze w/ silver and blue(sort of like WDW's w/o the identity crisis)
    6. Make Autopia Solor Powered(not my idea)Autopia is fine as it is on the outside but just re paint it silver and blue and make the cars more futeristic
    7. along with the whole redo of tommorowland id place the astro orbitor back on top of the loading station of the PM and put the decoration that is there now and place it at the enterance(jusy paint it silver nd blue and place solor panels around it)
    Main st.
    1. bring back Lincon
    Adventureland
    1. put a ride in based on Aladdin in the theater (it would be like crush's coaster in paris and you'd board magic carpets)the outside would be the cats head from the movie and you'd go thru the cave until you got to the loading station and once you got on the carpet the ride would start out going thru the cave with mountians of teasure until you got to the scene were Abu .. well you get the idea(it would all be about the adventure of them getting out of the caze and mabye meeting the genie.
    i would totaly remove any corny/ inspirational music from the park like the parade of dreams soundtrack(i hate tha music)

GASP!! the end, so now that you've seen my idea tell me yours
    Last edited by pianoman13; 07-29-2007 at 12:57 AM.

• Wassabi!!!!!

Re: ureka!! if you were in charge of DL, what would you do?(regardless of time or mon

Close it, sell the property and invest in WDW???

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: ureka!! if you were in charge of DL, what would you do?(regardless of time or mon

Reimagine Eureka!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MA Reader Since 2003

I really like the "creepy mine shaft" idea that would be a great addition to FL. Your ride vehicle would be a dilapidated old mine car or one of those shaft elevators and instead of going up you go down. They would have to come up with something clever so that it was not too much like TOT (that would be kind of lame). But wow it would be nice if they did something like this.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Diznyfan View Post
    I really like the "creepy mine shaft" idea that would be a great addition to FL. Your ride vehicle would be a dilapidated old mine car or one of those shaft elevators and instead of going up you go down. They would have to come up with something clever so that it was not too much like TOT (that would be kind of lame). But wow it would be nice if they did something like this.
    alright that is cool, but just remember that i didn't make that idea

• Inhospitable about happy

Bring him back.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Bring him back.

wow yeah i heard of that its cool but wasn't he soposed(sp) to be master Gracey?

• Fancy that...

Hello!! anyone!!! (cricket chirps)

• "I Break Things"

I would have four pictures in my office. One of Walt, One of Eisner, One of Pressler and One of Harris. The first to remind me of what Disneyland means and what it stands for. The other three to remind me of what can happen when you lose sight of what matters most.

Aside from that I would have specific departments of WDI to live at and develop each park in it's own unique way. No more cookie cutter carbon copied transplants from ANYWHERE to ANYWHERE. I would also increase labor wages, cut back on profit over people, to ensure that those who worked at the Happiest Place on Earth were truly happy.

Sorry I took it a step further and thought you meant Disney Company.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Sorry I took it a step further and thought you meant Disney Company.
    thats ok(i just wan't someone to resond)

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

Keep the park open 24/7

• Wassabi!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
    Keep the park open 24/7
    I like that idea...

• Banned User

First, I'd reduce the price of one-day passports to a much more reasonable level that's commensurate with the Park's historical price, adjusted for inflation. Like around $30, instead of $63. I'd also quadruple the price of Annual Passes so that visits to the Park are valued more and treated less like "just another mall," and so the Park isn't as crowded as often.

I'd increase Cast Member wages across the board, so that Disneyland can once again attract the best and the brightest. I'd encourage CMs to make careers of working for the Park. Sufficient low-cost company-owned apartment housing would be available nearby for any Cast Members interested.

I'd close the Park on Mondays and on Tuesdays as well during the off-season (hey - gotta make you appreciate it more, and it provides time for regular needed maintenance). Summer hours would be 8am to 1am, outside of summer the Park would be open 9 am to 9 pm.

I'd bring back the following Tomorrowland attractions, but update them:

The PeopleMover
    The Rocket Jets
    The Carousel of Progress
    Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars
    Adventure Thru Inner Space
    CircleVision 360 (with a newly photographed high-definition America the Beautiful movie, as well as other titles)

I'd also bring back (and update) the Skyway (and the holes thru the Matterhorn), and update the Autopia so that it was quieter, more stylish, and less cartoony-looking, as well as based on newer automotive technology.

I'd work with the City of Anaheim and OCTA in making the Monorail an actual working mass transit system beyond the Park boundaries. The Disneyland Monorail System would be extended, first to the hotels surrounding the Park, then Anaheim Stadium and the Metrorail station further east on Katella. There would eventually be connections to OCTA monorail lines to South Coast Plaza and John Wayne Airport.

I'd move Star Tours to DCA and the Hollywood Backlot, and give it a whole new adventure - and a new pilot.

I'd bring back nightly big bands & dancing and Carnation ice cream treats to Carnation Gardens.

I'd bring back the Tahitian Terrace and Polynesian stage show to Adventureland -

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwQVTlHyiyI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwQVTlHyiyI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]I'd also make Tarzan sell his treehouse back to the Swiss Family Robinson.

I'd bring back the Golden Horseshoe Revue, ensure that the Frontierland shops sold only theme-appropriate Western items, and stage the occasional cowboy stunt gunfight or Buffalo Soldier troop detail in Frontierland.

I'd expand Frontierland, turning the Big Thunder Ranch area into a Spanish California-style hacienda and village, where Zorro might show up, or so might Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata. Authentic Mexican food, as well as Tex-Mex cuisine, not to mention Walt's favorite chili, would be featured amongst the dining options here.

I'd rebuild Fort Wilderness using fiberglass instead of wood (as was done in Florida), and find a way to get that settler's cabin burning again. Then I'd put the pirates back on their side of the river and give it back to Tom Sawyer and his pals.

I'd bring back Mike Fink's Keel Boats, built anew and with improved technology that can prevent any nasty spills.

I'd get rid of Pooh and build a whole new Indian Village, one that's more respectful and comprehensive of the various Indigenous tribal cultures in North America, and make arrangements with various American Indian drum groups and pow wow dancers to perform, on a rotating basis. Also, there'd be gift shops with authentic Native-made art, jewelry, and other items, as well as a restaurant and food stand providing real American Indian food, including frybread, buffalo burgers & steaks (from Native-owned ranches only), and other Native foods.

I'd remake the Village Haus back into the Mickey Mouse Club Theatre, and show Mickey Mouse cartoons and other Disney short classics there on a constant basis in air conditioned comfort.

I'd move Dumbo's Flying Elephants back to their original spot and bring back the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship restaurant and Skull Rock, and find those amazing tuna recipes that were used back in the day.

I'd bring back that big red neon to the Disneyland Hotel. I'd rebuild the monorail station in all its Googie wonder again (giant green banana leaves??? who thought that one up?). I'd rebuild the Wonder Bowl and the Dancing Waters.

I'd remake part of DCA into Chinatown, with a GREAT restaurant (no PF Chang's, though). I'd spruce up Soarin' Over California and maybe give it a new film or two, with different locations and smells.

Those would just be to start.

• Golden State of Mind

have MC deleted. . .
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

I'd leave everything the same, but I'd have the park picked up and moved to the property behind my house.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast