Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Done waiting!!

What're your backstage and house lights pics?

I was just inspired by another thread. I just thought it'd be cool to see the pics you've managed to sneak of backstage at the DLR and when they bring up the house lights in attractions. Thanks!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: What're your backstage and house lights pics?

Very taboo....no I don't.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Pictures are not allowed backstage for a variety of reasons. For that purpose, they should not be posted online.

If someone's THAT interested in backstage pictures and the business of th resort, I would suggest either seeking a temporary job at the Resort, or praying for a ride to go 101 while they're on it.

• Banned User

Can you say "Litter Box" or "Close this thread"?

• Capt. Spanky

Sheeeze...Lighten up people. I work aound the clock and don't get to the park but once every few years. I would love to see some lights up pics.

Post em people!
    Oh Brother!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by circusfreak View Post
    Sheeeze...Lighten up people. I work aound the clock and don't get to the park but once every few years. I would love to see some lights up pics.

Post em people!

Considering that if you get caught doing it that I can get my AP revoked, I'll keep from doing it.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

CMs can and have been fired for it. I don't think people are being too uptight, they're just saying that it's a bit more than a "love of the magic" that keeps us from posting backstage pics.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Personally, I don't see why there would be a problem. I've seen these pics floating around on the internet, and not in obscure places, either. Why is this such a big deal? I personally would love to see some. And if nothing else, there's always YouTube!

And where does it say that your AP could be revoked?

• I'm not really here

Wow, a lot of vehemency here when there are countless trip reports posted on this very forum that include backstage, ride evac, lights on pictures, and yet everyone always says how wonderful these TRs are.

I can respect you voicing your opinion of this, but to insist that this thread be closed or moved to the liter box without also insisting that ALL other threads including this subject, either in written or pictoral form, be closed or liter-boxed is kind of wrong. You can't pick and choose.

As it is not expressly a banned subject in the rules, this thread has just as much validity as asking for pictures of the Mickey Floral in my opinion. There have actually been entire threads devoted to finding obscure or strange back stage pictures that we couldn't figure out what they were of. It was a lot of fun to try and figure it out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

I love seeing photos of the rides when they were being constructed and knowing how things work, but I would, personally rather not see current backstage photos posted of attractions with lights on, any more than I want to see photos of characters with their costume heads off. Just me, but I still would prefer to have that minimal level of magic left intact.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• A guy walks into a bar...

Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone, but here's a picture I snapped of the backstage area behind Space Mountain. I don't think I'll get in trouble, but NASA wasn't too happy when I re-positioned their satellite...

This internet message board posting does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either my company, my friends, or my cat; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; your mileage may vary; no substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; this message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Contest ends 12-31-2099.

• Closed Account

I agree with Mycroft.

Might I suggest starting with this article:

http://www.miceage.com/stevedegaetano/sd042307a.htm

I know that Disney doesn't particularly like people to take pictures during ride evacs and so on, but I find it very hard to believe that they would even bother to find out whether you're an AP. If they see you taking pictures, I can't imagine they'd pursue the situation further than simply asking you to stop. And if the pictures are posted online, I find it even more difficult to believe they'd go to the bother of finding out who you are, whether you're an AP, and then revoke it. Unless you signed an agreement when you bought the pass saying "I won't take pictures of off-limits areas"

For CMs, I grant that the situation may be different, I wouldn't know.

And for the rest, sites like Doombuggies are completely devoted to describing the nitty-gritty of how Disneyland rides really work and really look, and are chock-full of backstage and house lights photos - their relationship with the parks doesn't seem to have suffered. This seems like a perfectly legit request - if anyone personally prefers not to "spoil the magic" out of respect or whatevere, that's legit too, but there's no shame in asking.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Geoff London

To post # 11 - Never mind NASA - Google Earth are real naughty - they let you see the backyards of all Disney parks around the world.
    I did once have a load of pictures of POTC at WDW when they drained it all ready to do updates (Johnny Depp etc) but Disney insisted that the site that published them take them down so I deleted them as well.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

If people feel so strongly against this subject, why are they still looking in this thread? Doesn't that show an interest in seeing how Disney makes the magic happen? Because, if you're looking through here and keep following the discussion, you're bound to see some photos eventually. If you don't want to know, don't look. IMO, that's all.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast