• Minion

Indy Queue Effects

I didn't realize that the queue to Indy had interactive effects until recently. What are all of them?

I know of:
    -Pulling the rope in the pit
    -pushing the sticks holding the spiked wall up

Will these be working when I am there (July 31st- August 8th) or do they just work during off seasons now?

• Minion

Re: Indy Queue Effects

those are it.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I didn't realize that the queue to Indy had interactive effects until recently. What are all of them?

I know of:

Will these be working when I am there (July 31st- August 8th) or do they just work during off seasons now?
    They SHOULD work all the time all year round.

Walt's love of Trains!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

You can be super geek and decipher every thing those words say.

<---
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Are there any Queue effects that are no longer in operation. I know that there are stones that you are not supposed to walk on, did walking on those stones use to trigger something?

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

^No there was just that writing on the walls that translated to don't step on the Eye, there were never any effects if you did.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Are there any Queue effects that are no longer in operation. I know that there are stones that you are not supposed to walk on, did walking on those stones use to trigger something?
    They triggered a loop. Where you ask? Doesn't matter. Just know they triggered a loop.

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post

I know of:

what happens when you do these?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• =)

Pulling the rope (which says "Do Not Pull On Rope") causes a man's voice to sound below, cautioning you to stop pulling on it. He talks about holding a vessel that claims to bring bad luck to whoever breaks it--and, of course, if you pull for long enough, he falls and breaks the vessel.

There's only one interactive stick holding up the spike room ceiling. It's a realistic fiberglass bamboo shoot, perhaps eight inches thick, and quite flexible. If you give it a gentle push at the right time, a very loud rumbling signals the ceiling dropping a few feet, causing the bamboo to bend quite a bit. Over the next few minutes, the ceiling slowly resets itself, bringing the bamboo back to being almost straight. The effect won't work again until this point. So if you see the bamboo looking very curved, don't try to make the ceiling fall! It won't work. If handled roughly, the bamboo can break, I'm told, which necessitates a replacement.

I've always thought the room with the diamond-shaped stones could use some interactivity...I mean, how hard could it be to install some pressure sensors in those parts of the floor?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    There's only one interactive stick holding up the spike room ceiling. It's a realistic fiberglass bamboo shoot, perhaps eight inches thick, and quite flexible. If you give it a gentle push at the right time, a very loud rumbling signals the ceiling dropping a few feet, causing the bamboo to bend quite a bit. Over the next few minutes, the ceiling slowly resets itself, bringing the bamboo back to being almost straight. The effect won't work again until this point. So if you see the bamboo looking very curved, don't try to make the ceiling fall! It won't work. If handled roughly, the bamboo can break, I'm told, which necessitates a replacement.

I've always thought the room with the diamond-shaped stones could use some interactivity...I mean, how hard could it be to install some pressure sensors in those parts of the floor?
    The only way to make the bamboo stick work is to pull or push on it hard. Gentle movement doesn't do anything to trigger the effect.

And the diamond shaped stones when it first opened did in fact at one time trigger an effect of the block shaped stones above moving or something. I think it only worked when the ride first opened but stopped shortly after that, never to work again.

• Premium Youngling and

I personally think that the only effect that works on a regular basis is the rope... but the bamboo pole is kinda sketchy sometimes

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    You can be super geek and decipher every thing those words say.

<---
    Or just download it off the internet and save yourself the headache and hand cramp from the flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The only way to make the bamboo stick work is to pull or push on it hard. Gentle movement doesn't do anything to trigger the effect.

And the diamond shaped stones when it first opened did in fact at one time trigger an effect of the block shaped stones above moving or something. I think it only worked when the ride first opened but stopped shortly after that, never to work again.
    Not sure if the stones worked (can't remember) but it was considered a liability by lawyers if someone somehow got their finger jammed in it. My question was... why jam your finger in it... and if it is such a big deal at least it's not spikes in the ceiling where you can impale your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Snowman View Post
    I personally think that the only effect that works on a regular basis is the rope... but the bamboo pole is kinda sketchy sometimes
    Bamboo pole is actually sensitive and is attached to somewhat delicate circuitry above the ceiling. The problem is that people are impatient and decided to abuse the crap out of it when it was resetting thereby breaking it. Part of the blame could fall on Disney for not making it more rugged... but the majority of it is abuse.

For a while I had experimented with motion censors, pricing them and figuring out angles of placement. The thought being that if someone sequentially stepped in a specific pattern it would set off a series of speakers along the falling columns. I also tried to convince them to put air blasts up there to create a "falling" effect when the noise went off. Management said "no". The other thought was to get a couple wooden blocks and a half smashed Mickey hat. Glue down the blocks on either side of the walkway and place the hat under one of the columns with "Round" the only visible part of the name.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Comin' at ya!

I've never heard of the diamond effect...Would have been cool tho
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I've never heard of the diamond effect...Would have been cool tho
    It was a suggested enhancement that I made... I am unsure if they had worked previously.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"