Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Candy Cane Inn VS. HOJO

I'm going to Disneyland in august and need to finalize the hotel part of the trip. Usually we stay at the CC and love it, however this time a few people we are going down with are staying at the HOJO. I was wondering if anybody has stayed at both and able to give a good pro-con review of each. Thanks in advance everyone!!

Wink Re: Candy Cane Inn VS. HOJO

I've stayed at both places and personally I prefer the Candy Cane over the HOJO. I like the atmosphere of the Candy Cane as well as the closeness to the park. The fact that they have their own shuttle helps too. I have not been to impressed with the ART service around the resort. Having a continental breakfast is a plus especially when you have young ones around who need a little snack in the morning to tide them over.

Lightbulb Re: Candy Cane Inn VS. HOJO

Another good website to check out is www.tripadvisor.com to compare hotels in the area. I've only stayed at HoJo and never had any problems. I really enjoy the "family/classic" feel of HoJo, but of course I can't really compare it to Candy Cane since I haven't stayed there.

I'm sure you'll get many more opinions here though!
    -Wes

• For You!

Re: Candy Cane Inn VS. HOJO

Candy Cane - all the way. Good breakfast and it's close. Hojo is okay too, but I prefer the look and feel of the candy cane - Hojo advantage, Mimi's in the parking lot.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Do they still have Howard Johnson's?
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post

Yep.

AKA HOJO's.

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
    But they don't have the HoJo restaurant anymore, just the hotel.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Red Face Re: Candy Cane Inn VS. HOJO

This is my first time on here and I saw that you were looking for hotel info.Well while you are waiting could you possibly give me the pro's and cons of CC,I have a trip planned for Dec.21-26(yes Christmas) with 3 Teens and Me and Hubby. I was looking at DoubleTree but looking for options, making reservations by end of Aug.

• For You!

Doubletree is very nice as well, just a little bit farther away. Candy Cane is next to a little convenience store, they have a great continental breakfast, close to the park (do they still have their own shuttle?) It's just a nice property with flowers everywhere and a nice pool.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

I know that the HoJo is right across from the park but is the walk longer than it seems? I'm used to the walk from the Candy Cane, is there much of a diff?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
    I know that the HoJo is right across from the park but is the walk longer than it seems? I'm used to the walk from the Candy Cane, is there much of a diff?
    It really didn't seem like a long walk to me at all!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Three hotels share the same distance from the Front Lobby to the Main Entrance Plaza, Paradise Pier, HoJo's and CCI, they are all about 6/10th of a mile. Disney doesn't offer any type of transporation and expects you to walk, CCI offers their own free shuttle, HoJo's is part of the ART system, but I prefer to walk.

As for the differences, HoJo's is a, HOTEL with interior hallways, rooms are large, and has nicer grounds, multiple pool areas and a large parking lot. Also their internet access works better, though it does require a wired connection that is provided in each room. WiFi is available in the lobby. Also, Mimi's restuarant is right across the street.

CCI is a 2 story MOTEL with cars parking in front of your room, but has nice grounds and a free breakfast.

It is harder to book and get a discount at CCI, since it has a lot less rooms.

HoJo's has some decent discounts, including a 15% discount for AP holders. Here is a link to the discounts.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

My preference is HoJo's.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 07-30-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
    The walk is about the same distance, just different directions. Also, between the Park and Hojo's is McDs (good for a parfait on the way back) or Mimi's (call ahead for take out dinner!)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I liked the Candy Cane Inn very much - more than I expected to, I was there a couple of weeks ago.

The breakfast was good, and the free wireless in the rooms was terrific! The grounds were beautiful too. There is a convenience store next to the CCI, but also a 7-11 right next to that.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Embrace the kitsch!

I've stayed at both and I much prefer the Candy Cane--when I can get in! They both cost about the same, but for me, the Candy Cane has a lot more value for the price.

1. The CC has two convenience stores and a couple fast food places nearby, whereas the Howard Johnson's is sort of isolated and back from the other hotels. This also makes the walk feel longer (even if it isn't).

2. Someone's already mentioned the CC shuttle.

3. I don't know the breakfast situation at HOJO, but the Candy Cane's is wonderful! Bagels (several types), cream cheese schmeers (ditto), cereals (ditto), orange juice, coffee, milk, all of it poolside.

4. Biggest one--the noise! The HOJO backs up against Interstate 5. That's right, you have the biggest, busiest freeway in California right outside your room. Sleep? What's that? Least, that's how it was for me.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast