Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: I have no desire to see Golden Dreams at DCA

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    It's the perfect compliment to extreme amounts of beer... as others have mentioned sobers you right up and bores you out of the buzz!
    Hmmm, I'd like to keep the buzz though.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    All this Golden Dreams bashing! Just because it is not particularly exciting does not mean it should be taken out.
    I don't see the bashing DIP. I just want some convincing that's all.

• Comin' at ya!

Me too. I've never had the desire to see it.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    I don't see the bashing DIP. I just want some convincing that's all.
    OK. I guess I was a little bit overly dramatic there. I guess I am trying out for a role in the remake!

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Me either Gina. We can just skip it together next time we're there. lol

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Minion

Yeah, I'm with you - no particular desire to see it.

Documentaries can be great, but I don't go to a theme park to see them, especially not to a Disney theme park. I go there to experience things I can't experience anywhere else. Make it a Circle-Vision documentary on California history and you'll have my immediate interest .

Should we remove the cars and the horse drawn trolleys from Main Street because those are boring?
    I hardly ever ride them, but they add infinite visual interest and kinetics to Main Street. I don't think Golden Dreams does the same to the "Bay Area" (even if the theater itself is visually interesting, anything else could be in there and the exterior would be just as visually interesting.)

This is a bit of a tangent, but I think they should bring back the keel boats in Frontierland and the Jolly Trolley in Toontown, for visual interest/kinetics reasons, even if nobody rides them.

• Minion

since golden dreams is supposed to be the palace of fine arts why not move the gallery there?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Never seen it, nor do I want to. Just the fact that I can't escape Whoopi at either DLR or USH, I REALLY don't want to see it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    It's the perfect compliment to extreme amounts of beer... as others have mentioned sobers you right up and bores you out of the buzz!
    That's right, spipper. Golden Dreams is a cheap mway to sober up - cheaper than a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I saw I once only during the DCA preview and found it to be a thematically muddled, politcally-correct tract out of character with traditional Walt Disney entertainment and theme park experiences but not offering anything fresh or compelling either. It's a self-serious, progressive social studies film (not that there's anything wrong with that) masquerding as a California history lesson (it isn't) that belongs in a social history museum for school field trips, not at Disneyland. Not a fun way to transcend the real world nor a technically dazzling lesson in inspirational ideals - such as Lincoln. It's just preachy and reminds me the sad world outside (there is a lot of negativity and oppression and even the death of a child in the original cut). It's the sour side of learning, not the optimistic and I have never been back.
    Exactly .. it's nothing more than a bunch of left wing propoganda and banter, Somebody compared it to the mainstreet horsedrawn carrage. All kinds of people enjoy the horsedrawn carrage, whereas they do nor, Golden Left Wing "Wet" Dreams. This attraction could more accurately be compared to the horse manure left behinf by the horses on Main Street.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Never seen it, nor do I want to. Just the fact that I can't escape Whoopi at either DLR or USH, I REALLY don't want to see it.
    Hope you don't watch The View because she's supposed to be one of the new co-hosts!

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    since golden dreams is supposed to be the palace of fine arts why not move the gallery there?

OOOH, there's a good idea. Something to just walk around and take your time with.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

• Minion

and keep it VERY air conditioned, it wouldnt be as intimate and pretty as the NOS gallery though but at least it would go somewhere kind of nice.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    Now, there's the best suggestion yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Hope you don't watch The View because she's supposed to be one of the new co-hosts!
    Thanks for the warning.

• Progressive Disneylander

I'm not really into trying to convince anyone to venture into Golden Dreams. However, I do feel that people should find out for themselves if they might enjoy something -- or not -- and not pre-judge it due to other people's opinions.

Personally, I'm not a fan of it, but I went in to find out what it was all about. I think everyone should do that before they cast judgement on it. I don't consider my opinion of Golden Dreams to be any more valid than anyone elses.

Have you ever liked a song, a musician/band, a movie, TV show, etc. that a lot of people don't like or don't get? I know I have. We might just miss out on things we may actually like when we don't experience something for ourselves.

There are certainly some folks who enjoy Golden Dreams and you never know if you might just be one of them.
    Last edited by KISSman; 07-30-2007 at 11:57 AM.

• California Golden Bear

For a long while I felt the same way, but on my last trip to DCA I took the time to see the film and while I'm glad I did I agree the film is disapointing. It's not that it's a bad film, because it isn't, it's disapointing because it could have been so much better but isn't and because of the glaring omissions (how can you have a film about the the historyand people of California without including the Bear Flag Revolt? How can you present the story of the California entertainment industry without telling the story of midwestern farm boy who grew up to make his dreams a reality?). California has such a rich and interesting history which I have no doubt could be presented in an amazing and entertaining attraction. Hopefuly some of the rumored $1 Billion for DCA improvements goes to building a new attraction that uses AA's as well as the other technologies pioneered by Disney to present the story of California.
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast