Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: I have no desire to see Golden Dreams at DCA

Exaxctly, KISSMan.

It's the attitude of "I really have no desire to see it" that led to the demise of places like the Disney Gallery, Tom Sawyer Island, and other formerly great attractions. And I'm not saying this is a great attraction: only that I can't understand this attitude of "I've never experienced it, and I don't want to."

I mean, geeze, you can't take 15 minutes out of your busy DCA day (that many of the APer's probably visit weekly) to see the movie? I promise--if you don't like it, you never ever have to go again. It's like asking my three-year old how he can't like something if he's never tried it.

• Minion

it is only 15 mins, its relaxing, and you get to sit down. Just go when your waiting for your fastpass time to come, its never crowded.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Exaxctly, KISSMan.

It's the attitude of "I really have no desire to see it" that led to the demise of places like the Disney Gallery, Tom Sawyer Island, and other formerly great attractions. And I'm not saying this is a great attraction: only that I can't understand this attitude of "I've never experienced it, and I don't want to."

I mean, geeze, you can't take 15 minutes out of your busy DCA day (that many of the APer's probably visit weekly) to see the movie? I promise--if you don't like it, you never ever have to go again. It's like asking my three-year old how he can't like something if he's never tried it.
    Because it's Icky ?

Seriously, just because people look like adults and can type on a computer keyboard doesn't make them capable of rational judgment. Prejudice (not the racial kind, just the concept in general) is so much easier on the intellect.
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 07-30-2007 at 12:11 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

It's like asking my three-year old how he can't like something if he's never tried it.
    LOL! But in order to get him to try it there has to some enticing, don't you think?

• Progressive Disneylander

Exactly, KISSMan.

It's the attitude of "I really have no desire to see it" that led to the demise of places like the Disney Gallery, Tom Sawyer Island, and other formerly great attractions. And I'm not saying this is a great attraction: only than I can't understand this attitude of "I've never experienced it, and I don't want to."
    That's actually very true. It wasn't until my DL visit last year when I finally went over to Tom Sawyer's Island for the very first time to see what it was actually like. Personally, I didn't care for it. Yet, last summer was also the first time I ever ventured into the Disney Gallery and I did enjoy that.

I'm glad I got to experience both of them so I knew how I felt about them. I've been to the Disney Gallery several times since and I will miss it.

I think, if anything, it would be nice to know what you might be missing out on before something gets changed for good.
    Last edited by KISSman; 07-30-2007 at 02:17 PM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    LOL! But in order to get him to try it there has to some enticing, don't you think?
    Hey--I've seen it twice--one with a friend who wanted me to see it, and the next time because I thought my wife might enjoy. I have absolutely no desire to go back, but at least I can say I've seen it, and now know why I don't need to see it again. But others here really like it, which is great.

I mean, it's a harmless bit of fluff. Even I didn't exit the theater vomiting into my hands--which I am wont to do any time I see Whoopie Goldberg.

Why are some here against experiencing something new (to them)?

• Circle of Ancients

Why are some here against experiencing something new (to them)?
    Did you ask your 3yo that question?

Seriously, I am not against trying things that are new. It's just that I haven't had the interest or desire to see Golden Dreams. That's all.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Hey, it's got a train in it. It's not all bad!
    LOL Yes.

A few months ago we were waiting for the ELP, so bored and with time to kill we went and saw this. The Whoopi part i the beginning scared the bejeebus out of me. Didn't like that. The film was ok. Not worth seeing again. I dunno if it was even worth seeing once

Keep trying Gina!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I think Golden Dreams is a great movie. it always brings tears to my eyes.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I will never, ever see it. I think it's a waste of space and I don't like whoppi at all. To those who say you should try something before you judge it, nice try! Most of you have never ate feces but wouldn't try it, right? Most of you have never stabbed someone but know it's not pleasant. That's exactly what I am comparing this little show, to feces.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Gina, just go see the darn thing.

I never got to ride Superstar Limo and I'm sure it was bad bad bad but I would LOVE to be able to say I actually rode it. Now I never will. Boo-hoo.

As an aside, I find that the Whoopi banners on the building outside really ugly-fy the whole area. But that's just me...
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Gina, just go see the darn thing.

I never got to ride Superstar Limo and I'm sure it was bad bad bad but I would LOVE to be able to say I actually rode it. Now I never will. Boo-hoo.

As an aside, I find that the Whoopi banners on the building outside really ugly-fy the whole area. But that's just me...
    I'd like to negotiate another ride with you, If you ride TOT with me I'll see Golden Dreams. Deal?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    I will never, ever see it. I think it's a waste of space and I don't like whoppi at all. To those who say you should try something before you judge it, nice try! Most of you have never ate feces but wouldn't try it, right? Most of you have never stabbed someone but know it's not pleasant. That's exactly what I am comparing this little show, to feces.
    Your logic is flawed! The decision not to eat excrement is not formed in a vacuum.

Most of us have had intimate experiences with "feces" beginning as children. We know it's odor, and we know where it comes from. This experience informs most of us in our opinions that it might not be too appetizing.

If Whoopie wasn't in the movie would you go see it?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    Thats a really affective argument ... comparing poop to a film. Takes me back to the 2nd grade.

Obviously, I like the film (I'm not from California). If the OP and everyone else has "no desire to see Golden Dreams at DCA", no one is going to say anything to make you see it. So just don't.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Your logic is flawed! The decision not to eat excrement is not formed in a vacuum.

Most of us have had intimate experiences with "feces" beginning as children. We know it's odor, and we know where it comes from. This experience informs most of us in our opinions that it might not be too appetizing.

If Whoopie wasn't in the movie would you go see it?
    You're actually helping my point! The older you get, the more familiar you are at knowing what you like, from how it sounds, smells, etc and this is definitely the case. It could have been any "actor" (sorry whoppi, but you're a wash out) and it just doesn't sound appealing. I'd rather watch mold grow.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast