Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

the ashburns invade Disneyland!!! 6-22-6-27

Day 1
    Our adventure began very early in the morning at the Tampa airport. The Us air flight was on time and we boarded a flight for phoenix that connected into john Wayne airport. We were able to use some about to expire flier miles and got three first class tickets. The only way to fly if you are going cross county.

We landed in Anaheim, got our bags and then called the limo service to pick us up. What a surprise to see what arrived !!!

We arrived at the Disneyland hotel and checked in. We had a room in the Bonita Tower. Nice view.

After we got settled and unpacked we decided to head over to the park we really had only one thing we really wanted to do that night… RIDE NEMO. I figured if we got that out of our system then we could enjoy the rest of our stay at DLR without too much trouble. We got in the wheelchair line and an hour later the kids rode the submarines while I saw the videotaped show. I didn’t want to try to get down those stairs and frankly according to my daughter, it was very tight inside and I would have felt claustrophobic. We really enjoyed the experience but frankly I wouldn’t wait for the four hour or more waits that were quoted on other days of our stay.

After the ride we decided to head back to the room and get some sleep. We were definitely feeling the effect of the time difference. And we still had 4 more days of exploring ahead of us.

day 2 coming soon...
    Last edited by Cmash95; 07-30-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: fixed photo

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: the ashburns invade Disneyland!!! 6-22-6-27

Can't wait to see more, great so far.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Cool report! Ahhh...does anyone miss those YOAMD decorations?

ME NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Nice trip report. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Just a quick correction. John Wayne Airport is not in Anaheim, and in fact it is not even in an actual city. It occupies unincorporated land surrounded by the cities of Newport Beach, Irvine, and Costa Mesa. But the jurisdiction of the airport itself belongs to Orange County. Technically its mailing address is Santa Ana even though it is not in the city of Santa Ana nor is it controlled by Santa Ana. This designation is because John Wayne airport is run by the County of Orange, and Santa Ana is the county seat.

OK. Now on with our regularly scheduled program...

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Who rated this thread 'one star'?! Kinda harsh--I'm enjoying it so far. Good job.

• Banned User

I really don't care about ratings they tend to be biased, and thanks for the correction DisneyIPresume. They do say it's in Santa Ana but it's the closest major airport to Disneyland I could find.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    I really don't care about ratings they tend to be biased, and thanks for the correction DisneyIPresume. They do say it's in Santa Ana but it's the closest major airport to Disneyland I could find.
    Not a problem!

(And that is the closest airport to Disneyland.)

• Banned User

Day 2 Saturday June 23

The day started off nice and early with breakfast at Goofyís Kitchen. We met several characters Including, Baloo, Alice, Donald, Chip and Dale, Jasmine, and of course the chef of the day, Goofy Himself Who I might add was in true form that day. Notice the picture of him locking poor Jasmine out of the restaurant.

After breakfast we headed over to Toontown and Roger Rabbitís Car Toon Spin.

I never see a lot of pictures of toontown so I thought I would post a few of my favorites. There are lots of little nooks and crannies all over the place and lots of bells to push and lids to lift as well as reading all the windows. It really is a crazy place to spend time in. we ended up spending most of our morning there and really enjoyed it.

There is one special window in toontown, as a matter of fact it is the only window dedicated to a human.

• Banned User

Day 2 Cont.
    We then boarded the train and headed to New Orleans square for a ride on Haunted Mansion. We donít have any actual pictures of this ride because I am a stickler for the rules and will not allow flash pictures to be taken when
    I am riding.

Next it was off to Adventureland and a visit to the Enchanted Tikki Room, followed by a trek through the jungle on Jungle Cruise. Listening to those Tikki birds sing brought back memories of watching Walt Disney on tv as a child. The music was straight from the 1960ís. Actually the host of our show mentioned that the day we were there was the 45th anniversary of the Tikki Room. Everyone gave him a hearty round of applause for that information.

Next it was on to hungry bear for a quick bite and then off to ride the canoes. Along the rivers of America and then took a ride on the Mark Twain. Oh and according to my dear sweet adorable daughter, the canoe guy they had was a hottie.

We caught the last show of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies and loved it so much we bought their CD. If you have never heard them they are a not to be missed attraction at the golden horsehoe saloon.

We finished the evening off with reservations at Cafť Orleans followed by fireworks at Itís a Small World. Needless to say by the time all that was done, I was pooped so I headed back to the room while the kids hung out at the lost bar for awhile. I have to admit this little hideaway became a home away from home for them while we were there.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great TR!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Oooooh, first class and limo, that would be the ultimate. Very nice report!

• Banned User

I have to admit it was such a special treat and I wouldn't have been able to do it but we didn't have to pay for the airfare so was able to splurge on other stuff.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see the rest!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Cool pictures. And you're right about ToonTown pictures, it was to see yours!
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

• Banned User

Day 3 June 24

We started the morning off with breakfast at plaza inn. Then decided to spend some time exploring the grotto and wishing well areas. I have always loved Snow Whiteís Grotto and the wishing well. Itís just a nice quiet area to relax and get away from the crowds. There were also two beautiful white swans swimming in the water. They seemed to glide along the water as they moved throughout the moat.

Before we realized it , it was time for the meet. So I headed over to the hub and said hi to several old acquaintances as well as some new faces I hadnít met before. It was so nice spending time with everyone and Please forgive me for not listing names but I donít want to leave anyone out. There was a wedding going on in the rose garden. Apparently they sell these to Asian clients and charge a lot of money for them and my daughter was so mesmorised with the goings on she forgot to take pictures of the meet.

After the meet we headed over to DCA to catch the Aladdin show because it was going to be dark the last two days of our stay and we didnít want to miss it. I know many Mcers donít like the show but I have to admit we loved it. and the genie was hilarious especially the joke about waiting in line for the submarine ride.

Then it was back across the esplanade and on to fantasyland. Where we rode alice, and mr toad, and then hooked up with our friends woolfy and mr lightyear for a ride on casey jr and Pinocchio . have to admit those dark rides were scary to me and I am an adult, not sure about taking little kids on them.

After casey Jr we said goodbye to our friends and the kids rode the canal boats. Luckily the scenery for the canal boats is the same as casey jr so I have a few pictures I can post.

We had to stop while my daughter rode the carousel. I canít believe that she actually fought a little girl in order to ride her favorite horse.

Ok more of day 3 to come!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast