Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Go see Golden Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Go see Golden Dreams.
    How much are you willing to pay me?

I've seen it once. Being made to sit through it again would require serious dollar negotiation.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Personally I love Golden Dreams. It actually has been known to bring a tear to my eye. If it's a choice between a FL Dark Ride, BTM and Golden Dreams, GD wins.

To me, Disney is fantastic in the Edutainment department (and Epcot is one of my favorite places on the globe). To that end I love GD. The Circle of Hands AA show would have been my preference, but fwiw, I feel a great sense of pride as the great great grandson of an italian immigrant that came through the Golden Gate in his quest for gold. The rest as they say is history.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    I really, really enjoy Golden Dreams. I've probably seen it a dozen times and I am always moved. Maybe it's because I am a third generation Californian and have a lot of pride in my state - or maybe it's because I'm the kind of guy that cries at Hallmark commercials!
    I'm with Rixter, I actually like GD too. It's historical with typical Disney schmaltz, but a lot of people like that kind of stuff. I wish more people saw it. But I'm also a third/fourth generation Californian and my grandfather emigrated from Japan in the 1920's... so maybe it's personal for me too. It's very nice to see the racial diversity that made California depicted in such a heartfelt way... this was very rarely done when I was in history class growing up. And it always gives me chills in the montage at the end of the film when I see Harvey Milk, the nation's first openly gay elected official (who was assassinated ), rightfully depicted alongside other heroes from California's history. And the song makes me cry (well on the inside at least).

Long live Golden Dreams!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 07-31-2007 at 02:12 AM.
    --Jonathan

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I'm with Rixter, I actually like GD too. It's historical with typical Disney schmaltz, but a lot of people like that kind of stuff. I wish more people saw it. But I'm also a third/fourth generation Californian and my grandfather emigrated from Japan in the 1920's... so maybe it's personal for me too. It's very nice to see the racial diversity that made California depicted in such a heartfelt way... this was very rarely done when I was in history class growing up. And it always gives me chills in the montage at the end of the film when I see Harvey Milk, the nation's first openly gay elected official (who was assassinated ), rightfully depicted alongside other heroes from California's history. And the song makes me cry (well on the inside at least).

Long live Golden Dreams!
    Agreed. I think it resonates with those of us who know our roots. And I do not mind saying GDs has made me cry on the outside, and on more than one ocassion!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

I personally don't think Golden Dreams is that bad. In fact, I enjoy seeing it when I go to Disney's California Adventure if I have time (usually I go only to the Resort for one day and I'm sometimes Park Hop and let's just say you don't have time for everything).

It's a good show, with a really good ending. Now, could it be a lot better? Absolutely. I like the premise of the show, it just could be so much better.

Just an idea...

I think they should move Golden Dreams up to the front of the park in a smaller theater and have a new film/new actress (with the Califia idea - I like the idea of a goddess ruling over California [kind of adds a backbone to the park]) in it.

But also actually have a grand entrance into the theater itself. Have a lobby displaying the history of California/the States, very much like the lobby at the Opera Hall displays Disneyland's History, before going into the film area itself.

I also think dance performances could happen somewhere around the vacinity as well that relate to California.

Just my two cents. Golden Dreams, in my opinion, has a lot of potential to be great.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

I saw the movie for the first time last april. It was okay. I wont miss it. But how about this for a replacement:

• DCA lover

That bug in your sig is EVIL

• In Mouse We trust

I saw Golden Dreams and felt even though in some ways it was warm and fuzzy.

It was, at the same time, very patronizing, condescending, and made me feel guilty for history's mistakes real or perceived.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234