Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

What's up with the Bengal BBQ?

I was at the park yesterday and made sure to go to the Bengal BBQ. I asked the cm (I know they are not always reliable) if they were closing in Aug and he said he knew nothing about it and so he asked another cm. She also said that they were not closing, but the Riverbelle is.
    So, is the Bengal BBQ now not closing or ?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: What's up with the Bengal BBQ?

I haven't heard anything about Bengal closing, it would be really sad if it did, I love those skewers, even if they are grossly overpriced.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Fighter Pilot

this always comes up, Riverbelle is closing for a rehab, and Bengal has to be closed for good for the Riverbelle expansion. When it happens? no one knows

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^Why would Bengal need to be closed?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Fighter Pilot

its behind the scenes stuff. But since the kitchen will need to expand, it'll cut into the Bengal to where its useless there. This was supposed to all happen last year off season and to add a second story to the RB, but since then plans changed and they are just going to forego the second story

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    this always comes up, Riverbelle is closing for a rehab, and Bengal has to be closed for good for the Riverbelle expansion. When it happens? no one knows
    Supposedly they are closing RBT on Aug 15th or so, that is why I am wondering if the Bengal is leaving then as well.

• Fighter Pilot

thats what they said same time last year

• Nice ears dude. Thanks.

I'll tell you what is up with the Bengal BBQ, it is DELICIOUS, and I hope they never close it.
    Do you see the excellence of this invention?

• "I Break Things"

closing it would also require the relocation of the Westside Management offices... not really a big deal. The specific reason cited for closing it was that it created a choke point during peak attendence times. Personally I wish they would simply ditch the bar/table/chairs and make it specifically counter service only. They also wanted to cut back on the Treehouse planters to widen the Adventureland exit.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if it was counter service only. As long as that would allow it to stay.

After hearing last year about the closing, we doubled up our meals there. Usually we'd eat there once every other trip or so, but last year and every trip since then, we've always had at least one meal there.

All in the hopes that the increase in business might save the place.

• Disney Nerd

the original plans for a rehab of the whole area included the closing of bengal and a second floor at riverbelle for dining...

this plan has for the time being been pushed aside...

riverbelle will be undergoing it's own rehab to update the kitchen and redesign the counter and dining areas.....it will be more like the french market in style and have a new menu

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    closing it would also require the relocation of the Westside Management offices... not really a big deal. The specific reason cited for closing it was that it created a choke point during peak attendence times. Personally I wish they would simply ditch the bar/table/chairs and make it specifically counter service only. They also wanted to cut back on the Treehouse planters to widen the Adventureland exit.

The REAL choke point is IJA and the people hanging around waiting for their fast-pass times to come up! (That is as far as I am going to get into a fast-pass fight)

I really hope the BBQ does not go away totally. If they continue to serve the skewers somewhere else in Adventureland I would be happy.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I'd love to see the Bengal BBQ move to Aladdin's Oasis!
    <o>

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    The REAL choke point is IJA and the people hanging around waiting for their fast-pass times to come up! (That is as far as I am going to get into a fast-pass fight)
    Indy does what it can... during the height of the season they split Adventureland right down the middle... Indy chokes one side of the Treehouse entrance and Bengal chokes the other. The "plan" was to cut back on the Treehouse planter expanding that area by Indy and simultaneously close Bengal to eliminate that side as well. As I said making Bengal counter service would eliminate the bar, the tables, and all the chairs that magically move closer and closer to Indy throughout the day!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Disney Nerd

the tables aren't going away....if they did people would complain about not having anywhere to sit.....they still complain now, even with the massive amounts of tables on the river side.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast