Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First time Nemo riders report/thoughts.

After waiting 2.5+ hours to ride nemo I have to say that there are some things about the attraction that are amazing to me! The sub lagoon looks beautiful under water (I have only experienced it during a sunny day) I sat in the middle right side but I still seemed to miss some of the show, I heard dialogue but missed the characters sometimes I think, I am not exactly sure. Some of the set pieces looked very cool, although I still do not think I am sold on the projections, I need to ride it a few more times from different vantage points to make my final judgment. I really liked the scenes that incorporated real props, I loved the jelly fish's the biolumenence blue scene. I had a great time on the attraction, although I was a bit claustrophobic especially being in the middle I felt a bit anxious that I could not get out if I needed to in a emergency. But I am a bit more anxious then most people regarding enclosed space. Overall I think there are some moments that the show scene has a cheap (just a projection) feel, but when they incorporated the projections with practical real set pieces and props it worked better in some scenes then in others. If there would have been a way to get the animations more 3d looking it may have helped. But overall I am happy with the attraction and will be looking forward to a reride (not with a 3 hour wait though, thats forsure!) but then again there are probably no rides on earth that I would RE-ride with a 3 hour wait, the first ride yes, but subsequent ride lines must be less 1hour and 15 minute wait or less otherwise I would rather wait till a later time.
    I am looking forward to a re ride sitting in different locations (left side, right side, front, back etc.) and taking a nighttime voyage as well.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: First time Nemo riders report/thoughts.

^ Ummm no offense but did you just copy and paste this from another topic??? Because this looks VERY familiar...

EDIT: Aha! I went to your previous post and it says it was edited a minute before you started this topic, all it contains now is a PERIOD! Beat that, Zurg!!!

Ok so my feelings, I personally agree with what you said, it's a good ride but nowhere near an E ticket. More of a D ticket.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    ^ Ummm no offense but did you just copy and paste this from another topic??? Because this looks VERY familiar...

EDIT: Aha! I went to your previous post and it says it was edited a minute before you started this topic, all it contains now is a PERIOD! Beat that, Zurg!!!

Ok so my feelings, I personally agree with what you said, it's a good ride but nowhere near an E ticket. More of a D ticket.
    Hi, I did copy and paste my post since I originally posted this in the wrong location

As for if the ride is a D or E ticket, it is absolutely 100% a E ticket, come on. You get in a SUBMARINE for Gosh sake, and go through a coral sea, through two waterfalls and go on a journey that lasts 15 minutes! That is absolutely a E ticket regardless of if we like it or not! (also from a historical point of you It would have required a "E" ticket in the ticket days, hence it is a "E" ticket)

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^I'm afraid I don't see your reasoning. Let's face it, the ride itself isn't great. Just because it utilizes technology and lasts a long time doesn't mean that it is great.

In my mind, FNSV should be considered the best of the 'dark rides', not considered one of the park's leading attractions.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Circle of Ancients

I loved Nemo the first and only time I rode it.

I thought the diving effect was cool , Darla cracked me up ,and I loved suddenly seeing and hearing all the Nemo charcaters after the second dive.

I kept thinking that a kid would love this ride more than an adult beofcause not looking at it with such a critical eye, but maybe I'm wrong.

I want to go on it with my niece and nephew and see how they react to it!

Kids will love it I am sure (as long as they are not scared of the dark I did think that there were more then a few moments when I could not see Nemo or anything out of the porthole, I am not sure if that was just because I was sitting in a bad location (middle right side) or if it was just the way the ride works.
    Either way it is great to have the subs back!

It was ok....my first thoughts exactly.

• Minion

the ride was fun dont get me wrong,seeing darla with that poor fish was a great lead in,the only real problem i had was theray singing the zones of the open sea..it looked transparant...but over all the ride was blast to see,the E.A.C. was really cool,and so was the volcano scenes,the part where it gets dark and those ugly fish with the lights are(i cant remember what they are called) scared a little girl so bad she couldnt watch the rest of the ride...now the only part of it to me that didnt mesh well was the ending..i understand that dory and marlon got eaten by a whale..but their whale didnt have teeth..so im guessing we got swallowed by monstro? or another whale with a big enough blowhole to spit out a sub...
    as i said great for kids..great for die hard nemo fans..well worth a re ride when the wait time is far far.....far..really far.. less..

• Winter in Oceanside...

I've been on Nemo 3 times, all with little kids near by. Very young kids were scared on parts. Some parents even turned on their cell phone back lights to try a get some light in for the crying kids. But the older kids LOVED it. Comments heard were "That is my favorite ride!" and "Let's go on it again!" (Parents weren't too keen on waiting for another 2 hours to do it again).

Last trip, I waited 2 and a half hours to get on. When we finally got on board, they closed the hatch and started the spiel. A lady then started frantically shouting - STOP! I have to get off! Let me off! And she was pulling on the CM skipper's pant leg. He stopped the sub and got her off. Imaging waiting in line that long only to have a claustrophobia attack. (It kind of panics me too, but I force myself - I don't want to become that phobic.)

•   

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    After waiting 2.5+ hours to ride nemo I have to say that there are some things about the attraction that are amazing to me! The sub lagoon looks beautiful under water (I have only experienced it during a sunny day) I sat in the middle right side but I still seemed to miss some of the show, I heard dialogue but missed the characters sometimes I think, I am not exactly sure. Some of the set pieces looked very cool, although I still do not think I am sold on the projections, I need to ride it a few more times from different vantage points to make my final judgment. I really liked the scenes that incorporated real props, I loved the jelly fish's the biolumenence blue scene. I had a great time on the attraction, although I was a bit claustrophobic especially being in the middle I felt a bit anxious that I could not get out if I needed to in a emergency. But I am a bit more anxious then most people regarding enclosed space. Overall I think there are some moments that the show scene has a cheap (just a projection) feel, but when they incorporated the projections with practical real set pieces and props it worked better in some scenes then in others. If there would have been a way to get the animations more 3d looking it may have helped. But overall I am happy with the attraction and will be looking forward to a reride (not with a 3 hour wait though, thats forsure!) but then again there are probably no rides on earth that I would RE-ride with a 3 hour wait, the first ride yes, but subsequent ride lines must be less 1hour and 15 minute wait or less otherwise I would rather wait till a later time.
    I am looking forward to a re ride sitting in different locations (left side, right side, front, back etc.) and taking a nighttime voyage as well.
    I totally agree!
    I finally got to go on it for my first time last night. I waited about 2 hours but was surprised to see that the line kept moving and it went by fast.
    The ride is really a great ride but there were some parts where the projections were just so so. 3D projections would have been awesome though! I was in the same exact spot as you and I felt like I missed a lot of what was shown. It seems like the front or the back on either side is a better place to be. My daughters liked it. They were scared on some parts but kept watching so that made me happy.
    For some reason I don't remember seeing so much of nothing on the original ride. When I say nothing I mean the reef right up on the sub. That surprised me because I don't remember it like that.
    Another thing that REALLY bugged me was that they didn't use the original voice for Marlon. Dory sounded like Ellen but if it wasn't it was still better than Marlon's voice......

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    I thought the diving effect was cool , Darla cracked me up ,and I loved suddenly seeing and hearing all the Nemo charcaters after the second dive.

I will never forget hearing the laughter erupt in the back of the sub from you after seeing Darla! It was so great!

I saw it only in the dark, and only on the dock side. I wish I was able to get in during the day, and to see if from the lagoon side as well. However, I will say, that for the roughly 40 minutes I waited I absolutely thought the attraction was worth it. Was it a bit overhyped? Yes. Were there parts that where the technology wasn't very beleiveable? Yes. But overall, I think it was an enjoyable experience and definitely worth experiencing. I am glad I got to ride it twice, and look forward to riding it again in the future.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

I thought it was OK. Some of the projections were a little off, which irked me a bit. But I think that was because our sub was waiting for another sub to dock properly before we could move forward. I don't know if I'd wait another 3.5 hours to ride it again. The landscaping was really pretty.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I rode it for the first time yesterday!

It was a spontaneous "we have a couple hours to kill.. let's go to Disneyland" trip with the intent of getting on those blasted subs.. also visiting the Gallery one last time (but that's a whole other topic)..

We waited for 2 hours to get on those things.. but we were prepared.. with a Nintendo DS.. haha..

Anyway.. I personally liked it. I had seen the videos on youtube and wasn't really impressed.. I always figured I'd wait for the hype to die down.. and stuff like that..

But to be on the actual ride.. a whole different story.. I liked it a lot.. there's just an obviously different feel actually being on the ride instead of watching all those YouTube videos..

I did find myself looking at my friends window more than mine.. for some reason I felt like he was getting more of the show than i was.. like I was missing out on some of the animation.. even tho' we were right next to each other.. I think that is just all in my head...

I hadn't been on the subs since I was pretty young and I remembered being much more cramped.. had the subs been extended or is that all in my mind???
    Last edited by Giddy4Aladdin; 07-31-2007 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added stuff about looking at the window next to me..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

[quote=The Disneylander;2006745]^I'm afraid I don't see your reasoning. Let's face it, the ride itself isn't great. Just because it utilizes technology and lasts a long time doesn't mean that it is great.

quote]

Perhaps you don't think its great. That is your opinion. (I haven't seen it yet myself, so I won't have an opinion of it until September :-) But that doesn’t take away from the fact that, due to the size, scope, and running costs of the attraction, it is an E ticket. It was in it's previous incarnation, so there is no reason to think it would have been downgraded to a D after a 175 million redo.

I know there are people who don't care for It's a Small World or think of it as a kiddy ride. That doesn't erase the fact that it took an E ticket to board it back in the ticket book days. And so did Submarine Voyage.
    How much you like a ride is subjective. It's size, scope and cost (which is what the different ticket prices were based on) - not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    ^I'm afraid I don't see your reasoning. Let's face it, the ride itself isn't great. Just because it utilizes technology and lasts a long time doesn't mean that it is great.

In my mind, FNSV should be considered the best of the 'dark rides', not considered one of the park's leading attractions.
    The reasoning is simple. Under the criteria for old ticket system, the ride would be an E ticket. Therefore, it is an E ticket ride. One's subjective opinion of whether the ride would be worth an E ticket or not doesn't come into play much.

As to my opinion of the ride itself, I thought it was great. kids will absolutely love it and it is well done over all. It's nice to see them up again. Though It certainly wasn't my favorite, It was solidly in the top 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast