Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs down No More Canoe Spiels

Yes, I have heard from reliable sources that the canoe folks will no longer be able to spiel as they'd like (just like what happened at Jungle) and they will have to row more and speak less. A spiel is currently being written. Some guests complained because they were told to "paddle harder" and now they're getting rid of the talking all together. Anyone else heard this or are irked by it?

• Minion

Re: No More Canoe Spiels

Quote Originally Posted by APL View Post
    Yes, I have heard from reliable sources that the canoe folks will no longer be able to spiel as they'd like (just like what happened at Jungle) and they will have to row more and speak less. A spiel is currently being written. Some guests complained because they were told to "paddle harder" and now they're getting rid of the talking all together. Anyone else heard this or are irked by it?
    Next step. AA rowers. No more of that union crap.

Disney loves to squeeze the spontaneity and enjoyment out their employee's day.

Still, they are consistent. They do stamp out the TDA managers from a mold.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Oh noes!!!! I love the canoe CMs...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• "I Break Things"

Well if they are as resourceful as their cousins in the Jungle then they will be fine. As to people being offended by "Paddle Harder" it was more likely that they were pissed that they weren't going anywhere because the CM's refused to pull EVERYONE'S weight! And yes... that's happened... usually when no one speaks English.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

off topic!! have the canoes ever flipped? lol

• Progressive Disneylander

I don't like the sound of this because it seems like the change came about due to a bunch of whiney canoers.

I mean, if you get in a canoe, do you not expect to have to actually paddle and possibly exert yourself a little bit??

If you are one of those lazy guests barely tickling the water with your paddle in front of me, I should also have the right to go to City Hall and complain about you for making us all have to 'paddle harder'.

Seriously though, this is a pretty irritating story.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    off topic!! have the canoes ever flipped? lol
    Depends on who you talk to but "yes" is a decent answer... also a few bumps, a damaged Tom Sawyer raft, and I think one hit the Twain once. I also know that the JC Crew almost got DQ'd from the Canoe races a couple years ago for our "playful" spiel as we went around! They neglected to inform us that "Mark & Brian" (local radio hosts) were having their "Pirate breakfast" on the Columbia that morning! Let's say the trip we took around the island wasn't exactly "Disney"... funny but not "Disney"... made a good time though.

One Skip yelling "Hey the water's warm!" Another yelled back "Sorry about that, I feel better now!"

It's always the ones doing the least work complaining the most. Don't go on the canoes if you don't want to paddle.

• Disney for life!~

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    Don't go on the canoes if you don't want to paddle.
    Thats what Im saying.

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

• A Forever Dancing Pirate

On the Black Pearl, Caribbean (close to DLR)

Agreed!

And I think it's silly that a complaint about being told to paddle is taking away the freedom of improvisation. You have to wonder what'll happen though. What if one of the boats was comign to close to teh Mark Twain or something, and they would get hit, since the poor CM couldn't tell them to: "GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! FASTER PEOPLE FASTER!!!"

Or at least that's how I think of it.
    ~Pearl~
    Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

• Kevin's a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    Third to agree.

I love what the canoe cast members say.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• ...lurks...

If you knew the Canoes really well, along time ago you only paddled. There was no 'jabbering' or 'spieling' around the rivers of america. If you did spiel, you were known as a slacker.

DC rocks! Feed da DUX!

Granted, managers do know exactly how to squeeze the joy out of the employees jobs and lives. Funny how they expect the cast members to be cheery, pleasant and helpful, yet they refuse to let the cast members enjoy their jobs, and in turn it would surely benefit all guests.

It really is sad the way the canoe leaders are no longer supposed to talk happy in the happiest place on earth. My family and I have always paddled hard, well, except for my oldest daughter, but hardly anyone else in our canoes ever have. They certainly didn't row any better recently, with this new policy. I rode the canoes in May and in July, and even though I love paddling, and I love the Rivers, and I have fond memories of the way the canoeists used talk and joke, I don't think I'll go again until I hear that there's been an improvement in this matter.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    If you knew the Canoes really well, along time ago you only paddled. There was no 'jabbering' or 'spieling' around the rivers of america. If you did spiel, you were known as a slacker.

DC rocks! Feed da DUX!

Granted, managers do know exactly how to squeeze the joy out of the employees jobs and lives. Funny how they expect the cast members to be cheery, pleasant and helpful, yet they refuse to let the cast members enjoy their jobs, and in turn it would surely benefit all guests.
    They've had their jokes about as long as the JC... you just made sure your paddle was always in the water and not in the air!

• Animatronic

Everyone should go straight to City Hall and complain about the complainers!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast