• secure all cargo

question RE Peoplemover Song (6 CD set)

I finally listened to the entire 6 CD's and I was just wondering -- is it just me, or is the song they label as "Nation on Wheels - The Peoplemover" actually just a basic reedit of the Monorail Song? I always remember the Peoplemover had that cheesy late 60's/ early 70's elevator music type of feel to it. I was thinking that DL must have actually used the Monorail Song when the Peoplemover 1st opened and then later changed the soundtrack to the elevator music. Anyone know? This is probably the only thing I was really disappointed about w/ the CD's.

Re: question RE Peoplemover Song (6 CD set)

You may want to visit www.magicmusic.net and visit their forums. Randy Thornton personally posts about this issue. It is not The Monorail Song (although the two sound very similar and later versions of 'the monorail song' had segments of 'Nation on Wheels' to further complicate the matter).

The music from the actual Peoplemover attraction (the cheesy lounge style music) is not a Disney creation and probably wasn't able to be featured on the set for legal reasons.

• secure all cargo

Thanks for the info Chris.

I'm not sure I really hear the differences in the songs he's talking about, but at least I know it wasn't a mistake.

• wasting time

Why were they not able to obtain the legal rights to issue a track or two on the disc set ?
    I know they currently use some of the PeopleMover music in the Autopia queue

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    Why were they not able to obtain the legal rights to issue a track or two on the disc set ?
    I know they currently use some of the PeopleMover music in the Autopia queue
    There's more to it legal-wise, but it's very different to license something for theme park use rather than an actual album. It's the same reason why the background music played extensively throughout the parks haven't been released. The legal costs and royalties just don't make it worthwhile.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

I swear that I remember hearing "Spanish Flea" by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Band on the Peoplemover as you were boarding it.

SERIOUSLY.