Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Would you have rather been Born Earlier?

I have a question for those of us who weren't old enough to experience Disneyland on it's opening year. Would you have rather been born in the late 40's instead of the 60's, 70's, and 80's so that you could have experienced Disneyland in 1955 and know what it was like to experience all 50 years of Disneyland?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Animatronic

Re: Would you have rather been Born Earlier?

Oh, I'm more concerned that they cure this aging thing so I can be sure to see the next 50 years!

• Minion

I'm more excited about things to come...

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

well, I wouldn't have wanted to be born earlier, my ethnic group probably wouldn't have been entirely welcomed at the park then.

• Senior Minion

From all the folks I have talked to WHO LIVED IT. The "50's"sounds like the best time! So many great things happened back then, and the progress is amazing. Would have loved to see it all.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaChel
    well, I wouldn't have wanted to be born earlier, my ethnic group probably wouldn't have been entirely welcomed at the park then.
    You and me both!

• Luckiest Man Alive!

I'm happy to have been born in the 50's, I'd just like to have known then what I know now.....

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

I was born in the fifties and if I had a choice, I would have rather been born in the 80s. When I grew up, there was not a lot of things avaiable to kids and teens. We were more property than the youth of today. My dad use to beat the crap out of me and it was perfectly all right. Kids and teens are more versed in technology just due to the fact that it exists. Most people my age and older are lost when it comes to technology. Jobs are better now and you can make much more money. Disneyland is better now than it was in the sixties and seventies. Most of the attractions were very primitive and barely entertaining, It is much better now.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

In some ways it would have been cool, but as KoH has stated above, it wasn't all glamour and fun. I'm happy to have the things my own generation has, and I'm more excited about the future of Disneyland.

• Minion

Since I was born in the 80's I did miss a few interesting attractions...but as what others have said before me I definately look foward to the next 50 years!

Interesting topic...

I'd rather have a time machine and be able to go back in time. Imagine visiting DL during different years with a 10 megapixel camera: 1955, 1955, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1974, 1983, 1989, etc etc etc.

I have vivid memories of the park in the late 1980s and the early 1990s. Those were wonderful times. I feel blessed to have ridden 'Adventure Thru Inner Space,' seen 'America Sings' while my dad rode Space, and tracked the construction progress of Splash from TSI. I would have loved to have been in NOS while the Haunted Mansion building existed, but before it actually opened to the public. I also would have liked to have been on 'Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland' and gone fishin' on TSI.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I would have loved to have grown up in the 70's and 80's as opposed to being born towards the end of the 80's.

Second choice would be growing up in the 20's and 30's don't know why but it'd be cool.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Gay Man

I was born in the early 60's in So Cal and witnessed the truly golden era of Disneyland. As far as DL goes, I feel I saw most of the really great stuff firsthand. However, if I had my druthers, I would've like to experience the early -mid 20's, the 30's and the 40's - if only to wear the clothes and see the music firsthand.

I don't think I would have enjoyed DL more if I were born earlier and saw it from the begining. I'm glad that it's a park admission as opposed to the ticket books. I like riding rides over and over and you couldn't do that back then unless you bought more tickets. I don't think I would have felt I got the full entertainment value of the park back then.

Like wine, DL has only gotten better w/ age IMO.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Animatronic

If I had a time machine, I'd be taking early Disneyland pics with something better than a 10 megapixel camera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast