Ticket to AP upgrade question

I'm sure a version of this question has been asked a thousand times. I tried to do a search to answer this question but was unsuccessful in getting the details I needed.

A friend of mine received one day park hopper tickets for her family as a gift. She would like to use them to upgrade to SoCal Select annual passes on the day they go. She wants to make sure she can use the tickets to upgrade without an actual receipt. My questions are:

1. Can she use the single day park hopper tickets to upgrade to a SoCal Select AP? I'm talking about using one ticket per AP upgrade.

2. Do they require an actual receipt or is the ticket enough to use for the upgrade? Since this was a gift, she does not have an actual receipt.

3. If she can do this, should she go to the AP office when she gets there to upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

• Minion

Re: Ticket to AP upgrade question

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol&Maniac View Post
    I'm sure a version of this question has been asked a thousand times. I tried to do a search to answer this question but was unsuccessful in getting the details I needed.

A friend of mine received one day park hopper tickets for her family as a gift. She would like to use them to upgrade to SoCal Select annual passes on the day they go. She wants to make sure she can use the tickets to upgrade without an actual receipt. My questions are:

1. Can she use the single day park hopper tickets to upgrade to a SoCal Select AP? I'm talking about using one ticket per AP upgrade.

2. Do they require an actual receipt or is the ticket enough to use for the upgrade? Since this was a gift, she does not have an actual receipt.

3. If she can do this, should she go to the AP office when she gets there to upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
    Hi! I just had a similar thing happen. I was given a 2 day hopper as a gift. I had no problems what so ever! I upgraded to a deluxe ap.
    So, in answer to your questions:
    1. Yes, she is able to and it should be fine!
    2. They never asked me for it, and mine was a gift as well.
    3. Yes, I would go to either the bank on mainstreet or to the ap place in DCA.

• GO DBACKS!!

No receipt is needed. The amount that was paid is encoded with in the ticket so when she goes to upgrade whey will know how much to apply toward the APs. Going to the AP processing center first thing is probably the best idea since the lines get long later in the day.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• NenaMosh

I just did something similar to this on Friday. My daughter is 5 and was going on a field trip with her camp to Calif Adventure. Being the overprotective mother that I am, I went along too. My husband had bought my ticket at Vons the night before using his credit card.

So we entered CA and later on in the day I decided to give myself an early birthday present and I upgraded our tickets. We walked out of CA and went to a ticket booth to pay for our passes. I wasn't sure if there would be a problem since I was using a different credit card than the one my husband used to buy my ticket. But the lady who helped me out didn't say anything about that.

I also didn't have a problem upgrading my daughters ticket, even though they were purchased by the camp. I was getting ready to explain to the lady at the booth that even though the camp purchased the ticket directly, they did so using our camp registration money, since it's already included. But like I said, I didn't even have to explain that since the lady was very helpful and didn't give me any sort of problems. Hope this helps

Exactly what I needed to know! My friend will be very happy to hear she can upgrade with her tickets.

Thank you so much!