• SuperDork

Halloween at Disneyland

I am planning a trip to DL for sometime in the fall. I have always visited during summer or around Christmas, so I am looking forward to a visit when it is a little less crowded. I am hoping you all have some good tips on best fall times to visit. My concerns about off season have always been the park closing early, etc. Is October or November a better time regarding crowds and ride closures? What is Halloween like at the park? Are the weekends during off season as crowded as a summer weekday? Any weather issues? I live in Northern California and will be driving down. I don't expect snow through the mountains, but....I could be wrong. Whew! That is a lot of questions, thanks in advance for the help.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Re: Halloween at Disneyland

I went last year in October and I loved it. The hours are usually shorter, but the crowds are usually lighter. I don't remember having any trouble doing anything I wanted to do during my visit. Plus, the weather is great: not too hot and not too cold.

Snow in the grapevine is always a problem, but I don't think you'll have trouble in October/November. You can always check the CalTrans website to see what the conditions are on the 5. I used to live in Walnut Creek and this was very helpful everytime I drove to Disneyland.

Since I'm not going to make it to Disneyland this summer, I'll be there in October. It's a great time to see The Park.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

•   
    • Minion

Yes, I agree... End of October and the beginning of November is a great time to go... Haunted Mansion Holiday is usually up and running... The crowds are low... Keep in mind that it is technically durring the off season, so it is good to check the Website to see what is going through referbishment...

Normally there are no problems with the Tejon Pass... If it snows, it usually does so in the Early Spring...

The great thing is technically this is the off season so you get better travel rates...
    Check out my other blog:

• LoisAlene

Come on down the first of October! We're going to be there then. HM will have it's holiday overlay up by then. From what I've read, Disneylands Halloween tends to be on the gentle side. Not a whole bunch of Halloween themeing except in the Mansion. That's why we're going to go see Knott's Scary Farm when we're there. I've read nothing but rave reviews about the theming and spooky factor Knott's has.
    The other plus about early fall, the weather is usually pretty warm still. We can do the wet rides and go swim without freezing.
    Which ever you choose, November or October, you should enjoy lesser crowds. Ooe caveat, if you are planning on seeing Fanstasmic! - be aware that they don't show it during the week in those times (Or when the park closes before 9pm or when the wind is blowing too hard or...you get the picture.) I'm not sure if the 50th Fireworks show is nightly or if it will revert to weekends only once the peak season passes.
    Hope you enjoy your trip!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Like MZ59 said, some of the entertainment may be weekends only. So be sure to plan to be there over a weekend. That's what I always do.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• SuperDork

Thank you all so much for the info! I am so excited....I love planning trips to DL. Always gives me something to be excited about!! Does Disneyland do any trick or treating?